Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Am I **really** behind or what???

Ok guys, I just checked my LUD for the first time since my I-485 was filed with an RD of June 2, 2006 and saw that the last update was on July 3, 2006! With the latest processing dates posted on 3/15 for NSC, I'm over 2 months behind right now! I keep seeing that most of the users here have more frequent LUDs and some have even received their GCs after filing I-485 in Jul or Aug 06. So at this point, should i start to get in touch with the USCIS and see whats going on? Whats the best way? Phone? InfoPass? I did jointly file my I-140 with the I-485, and after an RFE, the I-140 was approved in Jan 2007. So could that have delayed the I-485 somewhat? But an LUD of July 3, 2006? That just doesn't sound right. Please advise.

Ok guys, I just checked my LUD for the first time since my I-485 was filed with an RD of June 2, 2006 and saw that the last update was on July 3, 2006! With the latest processing dates posted on 3/15 for NSC, I'm over 2 months behind right now! I keep seeing that most of the users here have more frequent LUDs and some have even received their GCs after filing I-485 in Jul or Aug 06. So at this point, should i start to get in touch with the USCIS and see whats going on? Whats the best way? Phone? InfoPass? I did jointly file my I-140 with the I-485, and after an RFE, the I-140 was approved in Jan 2007. So could that have delayed the I-485 somewhat? But an LUD of July 3, 2006? That just doesn't sound right. Please advise.

Certainly call NSC ASAP and open a service request i guess. Infopass could help too. Check with person on phone and see what he says if you should try infopass.

katewill, raj_vagc_oct02, igor_ch:

Thanks a lot for your quick responses on my Biometrics appointment question. Thanks for sharing the experience. ;)

With your comments, I feel more confident now. Let's stick together, help each other, and make it to the end of the road.

Certainly call NSC ASAP and open a service request i guess. Infopass could help too. Check with person on phone and see what he says if you should try infopass.
It's pointless. They'll say security checks are pending - nothing you can do after that. Better utilization of your time - sign the petition supporting Obama's bill:

http://www.petitiononline.com/nc082505/petition.html

If you want to do even more, check out the namechecktracker yahoogroup.

"Delay" is a relative term. have you gone thru fingerprinting yet? If so, then based on your LUD, I would suspect that you are in namecheck hole. If you haven't had FP yet, then your case is stalled for some other reason.

Good time to start asking, though.

My I-485 receipt shows I-485 received on July 10, 06, notice date July 13, 06. But in USCIS system it says they received my application on July 12. I just called NSC and tried to open a status request but the customer service person declined my request. She said July 12 was inside processing date! I have to wait one more month to inquiry!

I went to infopass on Feb 1, was told name check pending, my spouse went to infopass on March 14, and the immigration officer said security cleared. Do not know if this is true.

My I-485 receipt shows I-485 received on July 10, 06, notice date July 13, 06. But in USCIS system it says they received my application on July 12. I just called NSC and tried to open a status request but the customer service person declined my request. She said July 12 was inside processing date! I have to wait one more month to inquiry!

I went to infopass on Feb 1, was told name check pending, my spouse went to infopass on March 14, and the immigration officer said security cleared. Do not know if this is true.

Her namecheck clearing, of course, has nothing to do with yours. Why would you think the officer lied when he told your wife that her security cleared?

If you read the service center processing date report, it says "now processing case with receipt notice date of"...

That is my fear as well. My spouse inquired for both our cases, but not sure if the immigration officer meant both security checks cleared and waiting for a decision or just for my spouse. I guess I have to schedule another infopass to find out.

Letter from USCIS

Same here. My RD June 28th 2006 concurrent filing EB2, VA. No lud's after july7th 2006. I called the service center 20 days saying i am outside the processing times. I received a letter from USCIS saying that my case is under review. You should receive a decission or notice of other action within 60days of this letter. Did anyone had this experience before? Is this OK? Does this mean i am stuch in name check or passed name check? Do you think any benefit scheduling infopass? Please suggest...

Thanks

Looks better situation than mine...

I think your case is in good shape since it says "under review" Based on my experience and many others, those who stuck in name check or back ground checking seem have words specifically saying "background check" or "security check"

Althought I don't think you need to worry about it, it should be ok for you to schedule a infopass if it will make you feel better. However, for most people's exepriences including mine, you tend to not likely will get any further detail info than what you already got.

Same here. My RD June 28th 2006 concurrent filing EB2, VA. No lud's after july7th 2006. I called the service center 20 days saying i am outside the processing times. I received a letter from USCIS saying that my case is under review. You should receive a decission or notice of other action within 60days of this letter. Did anyone had this experience before? Is this OK? Does this mean i am stuch in name check or passed name check? Do you think any benefit scheduling infopass? Please suggest...

Thanks

Do you remember my INQUIRY?

I got an answer today:
I did it on the 26th. and the letter date 28th of feb. and today 03/16/07 i received on the mail and it says like this:
The status of service request is:
The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records stablished that your case is not yet ready for decision, as required investigation into your background remains ope.
Until background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicats who apply for immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effor to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us withing 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling customer service number provided beleow.

SO THAT MEANS I AM STUCK ON NAME CHECK, GODDDDD SAVE ME FROM THIS, that means my case will be sleeping for few more monts hopefully not years

Alas, poor Miami, welcome to the club.:(

The 'don't bother us for 6 months' advice is soooo heartwarming, isn't it?

Seems like 6 months is the fashion word

Now that i am on the club, what i can do? sleep normal, eat normal, live normal lol, there is not other way around.

I would expect the date to be with respect to the date case tracking website shows when the received it. Is it ND or RD? Please correct me if i am wrong . Thats the impression i got whenever i called NSC, they ask me to match the date on website with processing dates .

Now that processing date(08/10) has gone past my date(08/08), i could possibly call and start enquiry. What do you gurus think? or would i have to wait 30 more days?
The exact statement on the website is as follows:
"Now Processing Cases with Receipt Notice Date of"

The use of term "Receipt Notice Date" makes it unclear. Is it receipt date or notice date? I even sent an email to my lawyer about this, he hasn't responded yet.

Does it matter in RD/ND. These are usually few days apart. In my case 16 days apart.

A safe presumption with USCIS would be "whichever comes later". So take the later date.

Either way with the namecheck taking years, days and weeks are small numbers.

The exact statement on the website is as follows:
"Now Processing Cases with Receipt Notice Date of"

The use of term "Receipt Notice Date" makes it unclear. Is it receipt date or notice date? I even sent an email to my lawyer about this, he hasn't responded yet.

Additional Review ???

I too recieved the service request response from the USCIS, but it mentioned Additional review. No where in the letter they mentioned as background check. I am confused to know what's the diff between background check and Additional review. Din any one recieve letter with Additional Review.

SN

I got an answer today:
I did it on the 26th. and the letter date 28th of feb. and today 03/16/07 i received on the mail and it says like this:
The status of service request is:
The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records stablished that your case is not yet ready for decision, as required investigation into your background remains ope.
Until background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicats who apply for immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effor to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us withing 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling customer service number provided beleow.

SO THAT MEANS I AM STUCK ON NAME CHECK, GODDDDD SAVE ME FROM THIS, that means my case will be sleeping for few more monts hopefully not years