Connecticut SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
GC_May said:
Its almost 40 days since they havn't moved the date. Does anyone of you have any idea if they are processing the applications for February or March.

Thanks
GC_May

I talked to someone at CT Dept of Labor about a month ago. They told me that they used to have 13 people to process LCA apps, now they have 3! They told me to expect a substantial slow down in the LCA processing. I guess, we are seeing the beginning of that slow down already! :mad:

They are now on February. The state employee layoffs affected all departments including labor and there are far fewer people doing more work. It is certainly not the large bureaucracy that you might imagine. Bear in mind that the time you spend on the phone with them is taking them away from processing our applications. While I am sure your call was brief and polite, I have read other posts where the applicant relates a long, drawn out and confrontational conversation.

Don't look for it anytime soon. In the list of staffing prioirities, foreign labor certification will fall very low. Consider that there are now only 4 people processing applications for the entire state elderly pharmaceutical program, social service offices have closed, there are fewer people manning the DMV, and so on and so on. The layoffs occured more than a year ago though so I don't think that it will slow down more than it currently is, unless they shift emphasis to the slow boat LC applications. Still, don't tick off the guy on the phone...he's the same one who will adjudicate your (and my) application.

Labor filed in Feb 03

undefined

Guys, Does any one know whether they have processed all labor applications filed in Feb 2003. Mine was filed in late Feb 2003. But the date jumped too quick to march within 4 days. :confused: :confused:

GC_FEB03 said:
undefined

Guys, Does any one know whether they have processed all labor applications filed in Feb 2003. Mine was filed in late Feb 2003. But the date jumped too quick to march within 4 days. :confused: :confused:

Hi GC_FEB03,

Is there any news of your case?

Thanks.

Is it a March??

Are they really proccessing March?? It jumped from Feb to March less than a week...
Mine is on July.. 5 more months.to go

Anbody in March got processed??

Jay

Yes they are currently processing March.

My friend's Labor got approved from CT Sesa and he has received a letter on 5th of september and his file has moved to Boston. His filing date was 03/04/2003.

Mine is Late July.... Still 5 more months................

Good Luck

Thanks

Rohila said:
Yes they are currently processing March.

My friend's Labor got approved from CT Sesa and he has received a letter on 5th of september and his file has moved to Boston. His filing date was 03/04/2003.

Mine is Late July.... Still 5 more months................

Good Luck

Thanks for the updated news. Do you know if your friend get the letter directly from CT SESA or from the lawyer?

LM

Any updates?

Does anyone have any updates? The DOL website hasn't moved since August 30 .... mine was filed on 21 March 2003 but I haven't heard anything yet.

trend

The trend seems to be that it moves forward twice in one month and is then static for two months. Progress is progress though...its moving!

hariani said:
Does anyone have any updates? The DOL website hasn't moved since August 30 .... mine was filed on 21 March 2003 but I haven't heard anything yet.

I think you can give a call to the office to ask about it.

why?

Why call at this point and waste their time? The site says that they are processing March, the petition was filed in March. Even when they start processing April, it doesn't mean that they are done with March. I will say again that the CT DOL is grossly understaffed and the same people answering the phones are the ones processing our applcations. Let them focus their energy there!

Dude!

Look closely it says April 2002 and not 2003. God only knows what is going on in there. Will appreciate if anyone have any insights on this...

Thanks

hmmmm

Interesting...I hadn't noticed that. I am going with the assumption that it was a typo. I have heard of dates moving backwards but the sequential progression of the months is too coincidental.

BTW...I am not a 'dude'.

Status
Not open for further replies.