Confirmed June 2002 Chennai Interviews

pk2001

Did you get direct flights to Madras on Lufthansa? Or, are you stopping at Bombay/Delhi? Where are you flying from?

Thanks,

Rajan

Increase in Consular Fees

I got this e-mail today from the Chennai Consular Maillist.

Revision of the Schedule of Fees for Consular Services

The U.S. Department of State has revised the Schedule of Fees for Consular Services. The new schedule will be effective June 1, 2002, at which time fees for consular services, excepting passport services, provided by the Department of State and by U.S. embassies and consulates abroad will change.

Immigrant visa fees will rise to $335 (from $325).

------------------------------------------------------------------
This would definitely apply for persons going thru the old route since they have not yet paid the $260.

I dont know how it would apply to the persons who have already paid $260 but yet to pay the Visa issuance fee coz\' there is no breakup showing the increase.

hidefrmyou..

quick question for you.. I was searching for people who missed parts in Q.23, educations and saw that you had not listed Indian schools. Did you fax in an addendum to P3 or was it just ignored as an non-critical question ?

Thanks for your help.

I-134

Did anyone receive I-134 as part of P4?
I did not get it. Is it OK to carry
a copy downloaded from the web?

Demand Drafts

Here is what I gather from reading the Packet 4:

1) DD for Rupee equivalent of $65.

QUESTION: For a family of 2, should we submit
   one DD for $130 or 2 separate DDs for $65 each?

2) DD for Blue Dart. For a family of two, ONE DD for the
   total amount of Rupees 350 is required.

QUESTION: Is my understanding correct?

3) The Packet 4 mentions a DD for
   $260 per applicant for the application fees. However, for those
   of us following the new process this has already been paid to
   the NVC. So we do not need to submit this DD. Is this correct?

4) Are any other DDs required?

We need authentic information.
Thanks!

PS: Please remember that the Packet 4 clearly states that bank
exchange rates are not acceptable. We need to enquire at the phone
number specified in the Packet 4 for the rate to be used while
purchasing the DDs.

Proof of relationship between beneficiary and Petitioner

In the Documents to be taken the Consulate have requested for

"Proof of relationship between beneficiary and Petitioner"

Is anyone aware What document should be produced for this.

Thanks.

Petitioner is Employer and beneficiary is who gets the IV.

Its not Marriage Certificate because it has already been included in the list of documents.

My understanding is Petitioner is Employer and beneficiary is who gets the IV. Notarized Employment letter is also included in the list. So i would rule out that.

Notarized employment letter

I expect to have my CP interview in July, at Sydney but am planning a month\'s visit to India next month. I am thus planning to do my P4 stuff before I go. Can any of you guys please tell me what document refers to "notarized" employment letter? My attorney (who I don\'t think has done too many CPs) tells me that there is no need for notarization. I would appreciate if you could specify what document/form asks for a notarized employment letter. I have seen the example of letter at immihelp.com, but am not sure if notarization is specifically asked for, or is consulate specific (e.g., India).
thanks a lot.
brb

Tax transcripts

Would someone know how to obtain the offical IRS tax transript records. A phone # will be good enough...thanks

from a previous post on tax transcript

1-800-829-1040
option 2
option 1
enter ur SSN
option 1
option 6
enter the numeric part of ur address digits.
option 1
option 4
enter year..like 2000,2001 etc

repeat the same for all years required...

If y ou do go in to a tax office make sure they don\'t give you print outs of tax returns.

Pay Stub!!

It is the best proof I can think of. In addition to employment letter that is one thing always asked.

trygc, my lawyer says pay stubs are optional. The reason I was concerned is that

I will be visiting chennai about 5-6 weeks before my interview(in august). When I asked my lawyer if there could be an issue with month old pay stubs, he said paystubs are not required.
Is this correct ?

paystubs

Paystubs are not required. Paystubs are only used to establish "status". It has nothing do with your "future" employment which is the basis of the green card application. A lot of people come to the US for the first time after they get employment based green cards. They don\'t have any pay stubs. I too wont be having all my stubs when I go to Sydney for my interview because I am planning to visit India for a month prior to my interview.

I-134

Hello everyone,

I checked up with the Chennai consulate and they have informed me that no I864 is required for an employment based petition and only an I134 is required.

For I-134, question 7, do you need to show your deposits in US etc ??
I\'ve seen a previous I-134 where all the columns were left blank.
Please advise.

Thanks,

Employment Letter Notarized

How does one get a notarized employment letter? I took my original employment letter to the bank clerk and she wouldn\'t notarize it because the signature on it was not of mine but my HR Manager. How did you guys manage it?

Please let me know. Thanks.