Confirmed June 2002 Chennai Interviews

No P4

My interview is on June 26th and have not received my P4 yet! Chennai consulate people tell me that thay have sent the P4 long back. I am not sure what happened. May be I should ask them for a duplicate. Is that possible?

-XML

Thanks Miami .. but in last August, I gave approval notice I-94 when I left country

That\'s when I got the I-94 that I have which expired in Mar 2002. Talked to my lawyers and they say that having a valid approval notice shouldn\'t cause any problems.

Let me know your comments.

Thanks!

xml- did you give local address or not?

If you didn\'t give local address then they may have not sent the complete p4 to US address.

Bangalore RPO refused PCC bcos I am in US

I have a PCC from the indian embassy in wdc.
I asked my dad to check about getting a local PCC from the
Bangalore RPO. He checked and said that there was a
big "notice board", advising that the office will not issue
PCC for people currently in US. My dad even enquired with
friends of his in the RPO, and they said that the RPO will
not issue PCC.

So I have to go to the interview with the PCC issued in US...

vtcat

Packet 4 includes OF230 Part 1 and 2 and not DS230

Hi Folks,

The chennai packet 4 includes OF230 part 1 and 2 forms and NOT DS230. The required document list given in the packet 4 also refers to the OF versions of form 230. I have following two questions:

1)Are we supposed to fill the OF versions?
2)If the answer is yes then are we supposed to fill both part 1 and part 2 or just the part 2?

I have seen text that says that OF forms have been discontinued but the fact is that the Chennai consulate has sent those forms and is asking for the same in the required docs. list, hence my questions above.

I am assuming that all of us from USA have already filled DS230 (part 1) as part of the new process.

Thanks in advance.

I have given the local address...

I have given my Bangalore address. Chennai people say that my P4 was sent to my local address. But I have not received it. Lost in the post office?

-XML

Did any of you guys check to see if we need a Local Police Clearance Cert ?

The mumbai Consulate seems to insist on a Local PCC, Any idea if chennai needs one ?

-moos

Really appreciate if someone would please respond to the following post at the earliest.

Hi Folks,
The chennai packet 4 includes OF230 part 1 and 2 forms and NOT DS230. The required document list given in the packet 4 also refers to the OF versions of form 230. I have following two questions:

1)Are we supposed to fill the OF versions?
2)If the answer is yes then are we supposed to fill both part 1 and part 2 or just the part 2?

I have seen text that says that OF forms have been discontinued but the fact is that the Chennai consulate has sent those forms and is asking for the same in the required docs. list, hence my questions above.

I am assuming that all of us from USA have already filled DS230 (part 1) as part of the new process.

Thanks in advance.

I have bank statements for last two months only. Does it officially say somewhere that we need state

No, Bank statements are rarely asked if you have notarized I134.

If you are not carrying notarized I134, and intend to sign it in front of consular officer, then you MUST..MUST produce all documentary evidence such as bank statements etc.

No Title

Green my green,

Should you include your bank account amounts, stocks etc in the I134 or is just the salary adequate ??

Include all..

I-134 is affidavit of support...so include all that you have. I have included salary, personal property worth, stocks/bonds/401k, bank balance etc.

prince

What do you think about this............

Today, May 31st I read an article in "Times of India" that includes a copy of US Department of State\'s notice for all non-essential US embassy and consulate staff to leave India. What does this mean to us who will have interview in June?

You can read the article at:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow.asp?art_id=11582600

Please post your comments as soon as possible.

Start praying...

Though the White House clarified at 10.45 am (5/31/02) that the departure of the non-emergency staff is only voluntary, they did not comment on the chances that it might become compulsory.

In any case, all we can do is to keep our fingers crossed...

green_my_green

My tickets are confirmed on Cathay Pacific. Leaving on the 13th at
1.30 AM, reach Bangalore on the 14th morning travelling via Hong Kong,
Bangkok and Mumbai...a sinusoidal wave on the map :)-.

Your Travel plans....??
Anyone else from Bay Area CA travelling to Chennai.

Return Plans...

Folks,

I am yet to get a definite answer on, should we have to return
  with our spouse at POE. Also do we share one visa package.
  Please explain.

Thanks.