Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Its frustrating as the IOs dont seem to know about CC. We have sent letters, fax etc. Keep checking and ask your lawyer to be persistent.

It is really frustrating. I was thinking once the application is accepted using CC then we are good but I guess I was wrong.

Did you fax to NSC or TSC? My case is pending at NSC. Could you please share the fax # and template for letter that you have used?

Thanks,
VS

I spoke with an immigration officer this morning and she gave me little bit of good news.

Per officer both the cases have cleared the name check process and everything looks good.

But she told me that these cases will be assigned to an officer or processed when priority date is current for my case. I tried to explain that my priority date is current based on cross chargeability. But according to her these cases will be processed according to the primary applicant.

I have already requested my lawyer to initiate a request to apply cross chargeability for my case.

What should I do next?

Please advice.

VS

Do POJ, then ask 4 the supervisor and tell him/her about CC vis-a-vis priority date being current. Immidiately start an enq., when u get the reason that visa# not available/PD not current, attach a zerox copy of the same and write to FL/Prez/Head of USCIS. Iam right now waiting for the reply of the enq.

-Still

Last edited by a moderator:
Do POJ, then ask 4 the supervisor and tell him/her about CC vis-a-vis priority date being current. Immidiately start an enq., when u get the reason that visa# not available/PD not current, attach a zerox copy of the same and write to FL/Prez/Head of USCIS. Iam right now waiting for the reply of the enq.

-Still

Thanks StillPatient,

Can we request to talk to the supervisor? were you able to do that?

How do I start the enquiry? Do I have to write USCIS or can it done over the phone?

Please advice.

Thanks,
VS

My answers r inline.

Warm regards,
Still
Thanks StillPatient,

Can we request to talk to the supervisor? were you able to do that?

Still: You can request the IO that u want to speak to a sup very politely. My gut feeling u might not be successfull. In my case the IO sent an email to the sup. No I was not able to talk to a sup., I never asked for this.

How do I start the enquiry? Do I have to write USCIS or can it done over the phone?
Still: For starting an enquiry, you need to redial the 1800# and connect to the National Service Center, and start the enquiry. So yes you can initiate an enquiry over phone.

Please advice.

Thanks,
VS

I'm in a rut here, and need some advice.

I called NSC again this morning, and was told that I'm still stuck in FBI name check. My lawyer has already contacted the local Senator's office in December, with no response yet, and I asked her if contacting First Lady's office would also be helpful. Following is her response:

"I really don't think writing to the First Lady's office would be helpful for a variety of reasons (this really isn't just about someone contacting the FBI and asking them to hurry); however, if you want to try, that's fine."

So I thought it might not hurt to try for myself, and requested her to send me a copy of the letter she sent to the local Senator's office last month. I was thinking of using that letter as a template, and proceed from there. Well, here is her reply this time:

"I am afraid that FBI name checks can delay a processing applications much longer than 30 days and it can be months/years if it is truly an FBI name problem. Submitting additional queries will serve only to delay the case and if you have already requested an FBI name check query it will serve to delay that first query. Standard FBI name checks may take only a couple of months so your best bet at this point is to be patient and contact me back by 3/1 if we have not had any resolution to this."

Is it true that initiating additional queries could further delay the FBI Name Check clearance process? I'm now in a catch 22 situation where I'm not certain if I should try to contact the First Lady's office on my own, or if I'm better off just being patient and not doing anything for the time being.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sri and Others,

I am uploading the form that you can use for cross-chargeability.

Thanks Mansarovar3000 ,

I did use the exact same form for the CC. Did you do anything special to get your case process using CC? or was it approved without any problem?

Thanks,
VS

Sri and Others,

I am uploading the form that you can use for cross-chargeability.

I just noticed that you did write to USCIS ombudsman's office to get cross-chargeability applied on your case.

I would really appreciate if you could provide template of letter that you wrote to ombudsman's office and also provide the Fax or mailing address that you used to send the letter.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
VS

Card Production Ordered

folks,

I was kind of away from the forums for a while as I was fed up with thinking about GC all the time. Congratulations to all who got their GC in the last couple of months and good luck to those who are still waiting.

By Gods grace, today both me and my spouse got an email about card production ordered. Is this the first mail people are getting about GC approvals ?

Thanks

folks,

I was kind of away from the forums for a while as I was fed up with thinking about GC all the time. Congratulations to all who got their GC in the last couple of months and good luck to those who are still waiting.

By Gods grace, today both me and my spouse got an email about card production ordered. Is this the first mail people are getting about GC approvals ?

Thanks

Yes this is it. Congrats pururwa!!

Enjoy the freedom.

Could you please share the case detail? Did you do anything special to get cross chargeability applied to you case?

Thanks,
VS

Thanks

Yes this is it. Congrats pururwa!!

Enjoy the freedom.

Could you please share the case detail? Did you do anything special to get cross chargeability applied to you case?

Thanks,
VS

We requested cross chargeability while applying for 485s back in April 2006. Other than that we didn't do anything else for cross-chargeability.

I just wonder that I haven't received any 'approval mails' yet. The only mail I got was about 'card production ordered'. Is this the way CIS is informing people about approval these day ?

Thanks again...

Hi,
I'm new and trying to understand the whole affair of cross chargibility. Well for me, i have an approved I-140 and I-485 already filed on my name (India). Now my wife is Saudi born, so had a talk with my lawyer and he filed an application for cross chargibility with USCIS around 2 months back. Can someone explain me, what's the exact process? And how much time does it take for USCIS to inform back, if the case has been accepted for cross chargibility or not? Also if accepted, then how much time will it take to get my GC?

Regards
RDSCLOVE

folks,

Thanks

Congrats. Expect to receive the cards within the next 7-10 days.

folks,

Thanks

Congratulations!!

Enjoy ur freedom. Cases like urs gives me a glimer of hope.

-Still

Tracker update with the new now processing dates and Pururwa's approval.

-Still

Thanks Still. Could you please update my spouses's approval as well during your next update.

I know that it can get very depressing sometimes seeing nothing happen but stay put. It will happen shortly sure as the sun rises in the east.
In the meanwhile, keeping pushing through all available channels and also focus on the other important areas of your life ie; family, health, job etc

At last..............

Hi All,

I received the following email today:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: SRCXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On January 11, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please
allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from
you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call
customer service.............................

Timing of the email is 18:15 EST, but was too busy with Prod problem at office and then at home, saw it at 11:30PM. Then I proceeded to check my portfolio.

There is an LUD on both my wife's and mine, mine message showed "Card production ordered.....", but my Wife's message still remains the same inspite of the same LUD. Question of concern, so cannot really start the celebrations.

I feel numb and it is yet to sink in.

More later when I get back my full composure.

-Still

Hi All,

I received the following email today:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: SRCXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On January 11, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please
allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from
you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call
customer service.............................

Timing of the email is 18:15 EST, but was too busy with Prod problem at office and then at home, saw it at 11:30PM. Then I proceeded to check my portfolio.

There is an LUD on both my wife's and mine, mine message showed "Card production ordered.....", but my Wife's message still remains the same inspite of the same LUD. Question of concern, so cannot really start the celebrations.

I feel numb and it is yet to sink in.

More later when I get back my full composure.

-Still

Congrats Still.