Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

2nd FP

Hey guys,
I got a notice for the (second) FP on 08/16 at the Manchester NH ASC at 11 AM. No notice for my wife (yet)...maybe tomorrow or so....
Thanks to my congresswoman's office I am guessing...

Folks, me & my wife got the cards delivered @home today...All the details
on the card look ok thankfully.For us its a closure finally after nealy 7yrs in this land.
Wishing you all, get your approvals ASAP..Dont get frustrations take control
over your emotions.Good luck pals.

:) DUDE...this is awesome. I am very happy for you. Please do be in touch and don't forget about us.

what code is on your FP notice ?

Hey guys,
I got a notice for the (second) FP on 08/16 at the Manchester NH ASC at 11 AM. No notice for my wife (yet)...maybe tomorrow or so....
Thanks to my congresswoman's office I am guessing...

Is it Code 3 again ?

thanks ks_cc..hve got addicted to the forum over the years..and it will
be difficult to stop comming here.but will need to cut down and slowly withdraw
once you and the oldies like still,over etc...get your GC's I might stop
Though I dont have have name/face to our online -id's we have bonded well
to share/show concern..over the years....Good luck guys/gals

EB2 From Pakistan Filed for both me and my wife
Caset is being processed in TSC

FP DONE -- 06/13/2007

AP RD: 05/10/2007
AP LUD: 05/15/2007, 06/17/2007
AP AD: 06/25/2007 (Approved) :)
I-140 RD: 05/10/2007
I-140 LUD: 05/15/2007
I-140 AD 07/31/2007 (Approved) :)
EAD RD: 05/10/2007
EAD LUD: 05/15/2007, 08/02/2007, 08/03/2007 (Card Processing)
EAD AD: 08/06/2007 (Approved) :)
485 RD: 05/10/2007
485 LUD: 05/15/2007, 06/14/2007, 08/02/2007, 08/03/2007(No status changed) :rolleyes:

Any guesses when I should expect the precious?

EB2 From Pakistan Filed for both me and my wife
Caset is being processed in TSC

FP DONE -- 06/13/2007

AP RD: 05/10/2007
AP LUD: 05/15/2007, 06/17/2007
AP AD: 06/25/2007 (Approved) :)
I-140 RD: 05/10/2007
I-140 LUD: 05/15/2007
I-140 AD 07/31/2007 (Approved) :)
EAD RD: 05/10/2007
EAD LUD: 05/15/2007, 08/02/2007, 08/03/2007 (Card Processing)
EAD AD: 08/06/2007 (Approved) :)
485 RD: 05/10/2007
485 LUD: 05/15/2007, 06/14/2007, 08/02/2007, 08/03/2007(No status changed) :rolleyes:

Any guesses when I should expect the precious?

Kashif4u,
Your guess would be as good as anyone elses. Things have been very unpredictable with approvals. Its heartening to see a few approvals at the same time old timers languish hoping for a glimmer of hope. Your 485 RD is only 3 months old. For the time being sit tight and watch for LUDs on your app status.

dbins: Congrats on receiving the card and getting out of all this.

On a different note, the guys at Murthy have started predicting what the Oct 07 visa bulletin would look like.
Here is the link http://www.murthy.com/news/n_oct07vb.html
If their prediction is true, us CC folks will stand to benefit from it, but again these are predictions. The workings of USCIS are mysterious, so its anyones guess what will happen mid-Sept when the Oct Visa bulletin comes out.

Folks, me & my wife got the cards delivered @home today...All the details
on the card look ok thankfully.For us its a closure finally after nealy 7yrs in this land.
Wishing you all, get your approvals ASAP..Dont get frustrations take control
over your emotions.Good luck pals.

That's really cool, dbins. Are the cards really green;) ? You guys should take a vacation - go to Mexico or something - use the green stuff :).

vik

Hi Vik,
No, unfortunately the FOIPA and NNCP aren't related. Here's a blurb on it off the FBI's web site:
Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (FOIPA) vs. Name Check: Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts (FOIPA) requests are sometimes confused with name check requests. FOIPA provides copies of FBI files relevant to a specific FOIPA request. For FOIPA, the FBI search uses the name or information as provided in the FOIPA request. A FOIPA search determines whether there is an investigative file associated with an individual—a “main file” search. For a name check, “main files” and “reference files” are both checked, in addition to searching a name in a multitude of combinations.
====
However, what you can do is now use this result to send along to whomever you're considering writing to for follow up on the name check..such as first lady, senators etc.

Hey ks, thanks for the excerpt.

I did speak to the Senator's office after reading this. They were saying something to the effect that they cant start an inquiry with the FBI until the name check's been pending more than a year. When I wrote them, it was about 10 months but its been a year now, which I promptly pointed out; considering which, they'd initiate an inquiry this week.

vik

When you call the cust service nos do you specifically ask if the 'name check' is cleared? I called them and they gave me the visa no not available msg..

Hello ks_cc
The J1 visa is very strict. She has the 2 year condition on her visa, which states that the applicatnt will have to go back to home country after residency. There are wavers but are tehy for after completion or can you apply before. I am not sure how to put this together, if I do not apply for her with me she will not get her GC and I cannot sponser her till I get my Citizenship. Which means atleast 3 yrs waith to get GC from today plus 5 yrs Citizenship requirement total of 8 yrs, what she going to do for 8 yrs.

I am so stressed...

Foipa

Hi Vikram77 / ks_cc,

When it rains it pours. More bad luck and frustration

My FOIPA request was returned back with the following letter.
"Your FOIPA request is being returned. Your letter did not contain sufficient information to conduct an accurate search of the central records sysem at FBI headquarters."

I had supplied Full Name, Current Address, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, Daytime Telephone number. I had also signed and dated the form.
The only thing that I had not supplied were SSN & prior addresses/employments.

Question:
1. Please confirm if you used the following form:
http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.pdf

2. Had you filled out the SSN & prior addresses/employments?

Let me know if anyone can help me out here. I was waiting patiently to talk to Senators/Congressman based on this letter but I guess I will just go ahead without the FOIPA "no record found" letter. After 52 months of waiting it's not funny any more watching people getting approved left and right.

Also my fingerprints have expired since the last 20 days so I guess I will have to start a fight on that end too. Strange nothing happens on it's own accord in this hell!!!

Hey All, ks_cc in particular,

I'd sent in a FOIPA request to the FBI a month ago and received a reply.

"To promptly respond to your requests, we concentrate on identifying main files in the central records system at FBI Headquarters. No records responsive to your FOIPA request were located by a search of the automated indices."

Do you know what this means related to the NNCP name check? Does the 485name check being with a similar search? I mean, if it is, is it valid to question the name check delay if they dont have anyting in their main files?

Thanks,
vik

When you call the cust service nos do you specifically ask if the 'name check' is cleared? I called them and they gave me the visa no not available msg..

Hey overboard, I've been asking for name check status - never really asked about visa numbers. Oh wait, I think I did once but the guy didnt know what I meant anyway.

vik

Hi Vikram77 / ks_cc,

"Your FOIPA request is being returned. Your letter did not contain sufficient information to conduct an accurate search of the central records sysem at FBI headquarters."

I had supplied Full Name, Current Address, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, Daytime Telephone number. I had also signed and dated the form.

Question:

Let me know if anyone can help me out here. I was waiting patiently to talk to Senators/Congressman based on this letter but I guess I will just go ahead without the FOIPA "no record found" letter. After 52 months of waiting it's not funny any more watching people getting approved left and right.

Also my fingerprints have expired since the last 20 days so I guess I will have to start a fight on that end too. Strange nothing happens on it's own accord in this hell!!!

Hey Endeavour, I got the same letter from them back the first time. Its nuts but they dont tell you exactly what was wrong with your request. Apparently, in my case, they didnt like my signature as it was sorta illegible. I made out an exact copy of my first request, signed my full name in nice first grader joint letters and sent it back and it worked. I guess they would've also asked you to return the letter you just got along with your new request.

vik

Hey ks, thanks for the excerpt.

I did speak to the Senator's office after reading this. They were saying something to the effect that they cant start an inquiry with the FBI until the name check's been pending more than a year. When I wrote them, it was about 10 months but its been a year now, which I promptly pointed out; considering which, they'd initiate an inquiry this week.

vik
Hey vik,
This is good. In my case it took about three months after the senator's office sent a letter to the FBI to get an email response from them. In my case, it was a positive email stating that the NC was completed. I am sure you would get a similar response!

Over, if you're speaking about the regular 800 number, the national customer service, they don't have access to the name check information. If you call the service center directly, you may get an answer depending on how helpful the IO is at the center. Its the luck of the draw. For an accurate answer (or close to accurate) make an Infopass appointment.

Hello ks_cc
The J1 visa is very strict. She has the 2 year condition on her visa, which states that the applicatnt will have to go back to home country after residency. There are wavers but are tehy for after completion or can you apply before. I am not sure how to put this together, if I do not apply for her with me she will not get her GC and I cannot sponser her till I get my Citizenship. Which means atleast 3 yrs waith to get GC from today plus 5 yrs Citizenship requirement total of 8 yrs, what she going to do for 8 yrs.

I am so stressed...

The J-1 2 year restriction has nothing to do with her being able to apply for AOS as a derivative on your application. You're simply taking advantage of her country of birth. With her AOS application, the only thing you need to ensure that she is of legal status, which she is given her J1. I sincerely doubt that being on J1 precludes anyone from not being a derivative on an AOS application. Why don't you go ahead with the AOS and at the same time apply for the residency waiver? Moreover, since she is Canadian,you could even opt for Consular Processing; which might be faster. When you're called in for an interview for the assignment of residency, you could simply hop across the border.

Hi Vikram77 / ks_cc,

Question:

Hey Endeavour2003,
I'm sorry man. I share your frustration. That's what I was bemoaning a couple of days ago. Its really moronic that applicants have to pursue CIS to get fingerprinted.
No, I never sent in the FOIPA because my NC got cleared just before I was ready to send in the application. You've been waiting long enough. I'd suggest sending in the FOIPA again with the missing information...give them more than they ask for....your dogs name, your nicknames, whatever....but at the same time, contact your senators and your congressperson and ask them for assistance. You're right...this is absolutely ridiculous. You've actually been waiting for longer than I have.

Vikram & ks_cc

Thanks for your valuable inputs and support. I really appreciate it.
Would get started on the FOIPA process again but would try to reach out to senators/congressman in the meanwhile as I feel that enough time has been wasted.

Hey Endeavour2003,
I'm sorry man. I share your frustration. That's what I was bemoaning a couple of days ago. Its really moronic that applicants have to pursue CIS to get fingerprinted.
No, I never sent in the FOIPA because my NC got cleared just before I was ready to send in the application. You've been waiting long enough. I'd suggest sending in the FOIPA again with the missing information...give them more than they ask for....your dogs name, your nicknames, whatever....but at the same time, contact your senators and your congressperson and ask them for assistance. You're right...this is absolutely ridiculous. You've actually been waiting for longer than I have.

Hi Vikram77 / ks_cc,

Question:

Hi Endeavour,

I had sent the FOIPA request too and got it the first time around in about 3 weeks from them. I am attaching 2 documents. One if the request form and the other is the instructions page. I had attached an extra sheet and given them my previous addresses. I believe the confusion is cos there are two forms on the FBI site (FOIA and FOIPA). You are to use the FOIPA one. In any case its attached.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: