Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Zen,
Welcome and glad to hear from you. I can see your dilemma here...interesting conundrum no doubt.
First off congratulations to you and your wife to be on your upcoming nuptials. The issue here is pretty much six of one and half a dozen of the other. The optimal thing would have been to keep things simple and apply for EB2-ROW right now when you file, but since you folks aren't married yet and you have until August 17th to get in the door, that leaves you with a couple of choices like you identified.
You can certainly AMEND your I-485 down the line after you get married to be EB2-ROW. Note that this will NOT be only for her, but for the both of you, that is, you as the primary applicant would be charging your country from India to the African nation of her birth. EB2 India getting retrogressed in my opinion is very likely, borderline inevitable...but with the flood of applicants this month, maybe the demand may not be that high, who knows....best bet is to get into the ROW queue. A couple of folks on this forum did amend their 485s in this manner to change the country of chargeability....and got approved too.
Congratulations...you're marrying well :)
Good luck.

Hi Zen,
I agree with Ks_CC. Apply for I 485 now when the door is open and then ammend it to EB2-ROW. Everyone is expecting the EB dates for India to be retrogessed (dont know by how much). Since your PD is Nov 06, its better that you get on the EB-ROW queue. I have a buddy who was facing the same dilemma. His marriage date was set in Oct 07. He went back home, got married in court and now has applied for I 485 in EB-ROW category (just to be safe) using CC. If this is an option, you might wanna consider it.
Congrats on your upcomming nuptials :)
-Hu

Thanks a bunch!

Hi Ks_CC,Huizet

Thanks so much for the advice. I will file the 485 today itself and file my wife's AOS as soon as she gets here on EB-ROW:). You guys are awesome.:D

Cheers,
Suren

Last edited by a moderator:
Some LUDs

Hi All,

There was an LUD on the 28th on my 140 approved last year(May)
and also on my wife's previous AP (approved last year) for the same day.

Her current EAD, also approved, had an LUD on the 27th.

Have appo with civil surgeon to get the medical done(rather redone). Will send it out today or Monday.

-Still

So...

So...
My fingerprints were expiring on July 23rd, which they have now. To be proactive and overcome any oversights, I called the National Customer Service in May, a whole two and a half months in advance. The rep, who seemed fresh out of high school with a summer job spent a while debating why fingerprints should expire with me.

Nevertheless, I hung up and called the TSC a week later. Mind you this is still May. The lady told me to sit tight and expect the FP notice in the mail since its a system generated thing.

Nothing until June. Jaded by the 800 number experience, called TSC directly. Nice lady stated that she'd look into it but refused to divulge any more details.

Called TSC again the week of July 4th. The nice lady, fresh off some BBQ, categorically stated that she is requesting a new FP notice for me immediately. Oh joy I figured.

I got an email from my congresswoman's office last night. She was told by the TSC higher offices that since my FPs have expired, there is little chance that my case has been assigned a visa number, ergo, little chance that I'd see anything before the new fiscal in October. Mind you when they were assigning visa numbers my FPs were valid, so I don't know what the deal is.

Regardless, I don't believe that I, as an applicant, or customer, need to pursue the agency to get fingerprinted. It is their job to ensure this. Having undertaken all these measures, they still throw this crap at me. I'm quite livid at this point. I've always always always given them the benefit of the doubt...but I don't know how much longer I can exercise patience. It certainly seems to be an exercise in sheer futility. I don't know what I would have done without the help of my elected officials offices. They are just outstanding.

To make things worse, the words out of the agency is to the effect of, "he need not worry...he is EB2, Rest of World...October would bring a fresh batch of visas...he would be current". That is not the f-cking point. I've been in this goddamn queue, EB2 Rest Of World for the past f-cking 17 months. How's that jive with the moronic 6 month stipulated f-cking processing time. Sanctimonious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still,KS

My 485's have been silent after the LUDS on 25 and 26. I had not taken shots for the TB tests. My attorneys havent recieved anything yet. Is there any way I can avoid the NOID/RFE sent by USCIS by sending new medicals with a TB test.

-Zeppelin

Hi Zeppelin,

Wait for the NOID, but do get a Civil Surgeon's appo. You can reschedule it at any time.

-Still

So...
My fingerprints were expiring on July 23rd, which they have now. To be proactive and overcome any oversights, I called the National Customer Service in May, a whole two and a half months in advance. The rep, who seemed fresh out of high school with a summer job spent a while debating why fingerprints should expire with me.

Nevertheless, I hung up and called the TSC a week later. Mind you this is still May. The lady told me to sit tight and expect the FP notice in the mail since its a system generated thing.

Nothing until June. Jaded by the 800 number experience, called TSC directly. Nice lady stated that she'd look into it but refused to divulge any more details.

Called TSC again the week of July 4th. The nice lady, fresh off some BBQ, categorically stated that she is requesting a new FP notice for me immediately. Oh joy I figured.

I got an email from my congresswoman's office last night. She was told by the TSC higher offices that since my FPs have expired, there is little chance that my case has been assigned a visa number, ergo, little chance that I'd see anything before the new fiscal in October. Mind you when they were assigning visa numbers my FPs were valid, so I don't know what the deal is.

Regardless, I don't believe that I, as an applicant, or customer, need to pursue the agency to get fingerprinted. It is their job to ensure this. Having undertaken all these measures, they still throw this crap at me. I'm quite livid at this point. I've always always always given them the benefit of the doubt...but I don't know how much longer I can exercise patience. It certainly seems to be an exercise in sheer futility. I don't know what I would have done without the help of my elected officials offices. They are just outstanding.

To make things worse, the words out of the agency is to the effect of, "he need not worry...he is EB2, Rest of World...October would bring a fresh batch of visas...he would be current". That is not the f-cking point. I've been in this goddamn queue, EB2 Rest Of World for the past f-cking 17 months. How's that jive with the moronic 6 month stipulated f-cking processing time. Sanctimonious.

Hi Ks_cc,

This is f!@#$ing ridiculous. Looks like people with very low IQ are sitting out there, cannot use their common sense, just needs to follow some set rules(ridiculous).

Anyway, u did what u had too, we cannot do anything but try our best and hope for the same. Just say "woosa". It is Friday, just drown in some beer. Let us talk tomorrow.

One of my ex-co-worker has not got anything yet, but his wife and two kids have received their GCs. The Enq office is just beside his so every other day he takes an info-pass and visits them and each time he gets to hear "no-news".

-Still

Just when you think that it will be smooth sailing, they throw in a wrench. Wow!! You have been in the q for a long time now. I guess gone are the days when we used to hear, its a piece of cake once you apply for I 485 and with the flood of new applications, I see things going downhill.
Let it all out ks. This process seems to be testing every emotion a human has..looks like a lot of people will have to wait until Oct before seeing anything and I am not sure how the new visa numbers will be allocated for the new FY. Maybe the USCIS folks will come up with some 'novel' methods for disbursing new visa numbers...
KS..forget this mess, have a beer..and chill out this weekend...

KS,

As others have said, this is just plain bullshit. I totally feel your frustration. In fact, everytime I read about yet another pending GC case , I get depressed, so I have kind of stopped visiting the boards except once in a while.

Drink some beer this weekend. This too shall pass.

-Prez

So...

KS, hang in there buddy. We understand what you are going through. Stay strong.

I hear you

So...

Agreed that they must be overwhelmed with so much work, but I am plain tired looking at people getting stuck in this NC black hole.
There is absolutely no patten to this. My cousin and I share the same last name, lived right next door to each other all our lives and been to the same school all our lives and he gets his NC cleared and GC in 3 months flat after filing. And here I am waiting for close to 10 months now. Well who am I to whine when there are veterans waiting ahead of me!!!

So...

Just when you think that it will be smooth sailing, they throw in a wrench. Wow!! You have been in the q for a long time now. I guess gone are the days when we used to hear, its a piece of cake once you apply for I 485 and with the flood of new applications, I see things going downhill.
Let it all out ks. This process seems to be testing every emotion a human has..looks like a lot of people will have to wait until Oct before seeing anything and I am not sure how the new visa numbers will be allocated for the new FY. Maybe the USCIS folks will come up with some 'novel' methods for disbursing new visa numbers...
KS..forget this mess, have a beer..and chill out this weekend...

Hi KS,

I totally understand what you must be going through. Stay positive and Just hang in there buddy. Like they say-" The darkest hour is before dawn!". We'll keep you in our prayers.

Regards,
Zen

KS... I hear your frustration buddy.. Been hanging around in this forum for 15 + mths and I know what its like..

I called the customer service no and the person read out the visa nos not available out to me and asked me to check back in Nov. I didnt see an LUD on either cases after the FP2 was complete so no clue if the FPs made it or if they are simply late in updating the LUDs...

Anyways like dbins our day will come too.. so hang in there..

Cheers
Over..

Thanks guys

Hey guys,
Thanks for your support and good wishes. Sorry...I had to vent.
Interestingly, I just checked my portfolio and noticed an LUD from yesterday (08/03) on my 485. Wife's LUDs haven't changed since the transfer date of 03/16. I did have a bunch of continual LUDs with a message change in early July. This LUD is interesting because it has no message change associated with it.
The congresspersons office was rattling on TSC doors, so perhaps it may have something to do with it..dunno. But, whatever...I've been jaded to a point that I have no expectations left.

LUDs on AP and i140

Saw LUDs on AP and I140 today. These were approved a while back (see signature). No LUDs on I485. This may be nothing. Any one with similar exp?