Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Hi,

We saw LUD's on our 485 today. It has been the first LUD (what an oxymoron!!) on our 485's. I guess the reason could be because we filed for our EAD renewals on 07/20/07. They havent been receipted yet. I will send an update if there are any more changes.

-Zeppelin \m/

Zep,
At least you saw an LUD (even though it may be related to EAD renewals)
I havent seen anything yet. Planning on getting an InfoPass to find out where my files are languishing :-(

Zep,
At least you saw an LUD (even though it may be related to EAD renewals)
I havent seen anything yet. Planning on getting an InfoPass to find out where my files are languishing :-(

Huizet,

I can totally relate to your anxiety. It took 9 months for us to see a LUD on our cases.
Interestingly I scanned a few receipt numbers close to mine and I saw about 8 approvals for cases whose ND was the same as mine. As a matter of fact, a case number right above mine got approved on Jul 23rd.

Hope is eternal but hoping against hope!!!!

Good luck with your infopass.

Zeppelin

did you see LUDs on both yours and your dependents' 485 ?

Hi,

We saw LUD's on our 485 today. It has been the first LUD (what an oxymoron!!) on our 485's. I guess the reason could be because we filed for our EAD renewals on 07/20/07. They havent been receipted yet. I will send an update if there are any more changes.

-Zeppelin \m/

or just on yours ??

Hello all,

I had stopped visiting this site few weeks back as I was trying to divert myself from all this immigration nonsense.

However, I am here today as we had LUDs last thursday & friday, none so far today though. I think 'still' saw LUDs too. Did anyone else see anything like that ?

I found some other folks on the forums who observed the same thing. BTW, there wasn't any msg change. any ideas what it could be.

Thanks

Pururwa,

Even we saw another set of LUD's on our 485's today 7/26 with no message change.
I saw the thread where people were discussing LUD's in the last couple of days. Doesnt look like there were any approvals though.

-Zeppelin

Thanks Still.
Updated signature.

gceevz,

Welcome aboard!

Congratulations on having filed your AOS. Definitely do keep us updated on your progress through the process and post any questions you may have. Since this has been one of the more active threads on this forum, there's a lot of information here that is scattered across several pages, and its probably easier to post a question than parse through nearly a year and a half worth of posts :)

Welcome and good luck!

Hi Guys,

Today i got an RFE on my 485 from my attorney but strangely there is no LUD in the USCIS site. The RFE was asking for 3 pieces of info

1.Please submit a currently dated letter from your intended permenant employer describing you present job, duties and position in the organization .........

2. Please submit one additional statement, sowrn to or affirmed by a person who was living at the time and who has personal knowledge of the events you are trying to prove, for example, the date and place of birth, marriage or death. The person making the statement(affidavit) may be your relative and need not be a citizen of united states. However, an affidavit written by you is not acceptable. The affidavit should contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit;his/her full name and address; his/her date and place of birth; his/her relationship to you, if any; full
information concerning the event; and COMPLETE DETAILS concerning how he/she acquired knowledge of the event. The affidavit should address the facts concerning your birth and parentage.

3. For the record, please provide a photocopy of all the pages in the passport.

I believe something is cooking up.. The last time when i took an Infopass i was told my app is undergoing background checks..

I will keep you all posted.

Regards,
Kris
=====================================================
EB2 using CC (Libya) @ NSC
I-140
ND:09/16/06
AD:05/30/07
I-485
ND:11/30/06
AD:?
LUD: 11/30/06
FP:01/18/07 (Code 3)
EAD(self) ND 10/10/06 AD:01/29/07
AP(self) ND 12/08/06 AD: 02/06/07

Hi Guys,

Today i got an RFE on my 485 from my attorney but strangely there is no LUD in the USCIS site. The RFE was asking for 3 pieces of info

1.Please submit a currently dated letter from your intended permenant employer describing you present job, duties and position in the organization .........

2. Please submit one additional statement, sowrn to or affirmed by a person who was living at the time and who has personal knowledge of the events you are trying to prove, for example, the date and place of birth, marriage or death. The person making the statement(affidavit) may be your relative and need not be a citizen of united states. However, an affidavit written by you is not acceptable. The affidavit should contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit;his/her full name and address; his/her date and place of birth; his/her relationship to you, if any; full
information concerning the event; and COMPLETE DETAILS concerning how he/she acquired knowledge of the event. The affidavit should address the facts concerning your birth and parentage.

3. For the record, please provide a photocopy of all the pages in the passport.

I believe something is cooking up.. The last time when i took an Infopass i was told my app is undergoing background checks..

I will keep you all posted.

Regards,
Kris
=====================================================
EB2 using CC (Libya) @ NSC
I-140
ND:09/16/06
AD:05/30/07
I-485
ND:11/30/06
AD:?
LUD: 11/30/06
FP:01/18/07 (Code 3)
EAD(self) ND 10/10/06 AD:01/29/07
AP(self) ND 12/08/06 AD: 02/06/07

Kris,
This is a very good thing. If your name checks are cleared and the RFE Response addresses all that's being asked for, I'd expect to be approved within 60 days of them getting the response to the RFE.

ks_cc,

Does getting an RFE indicates the name check is cleared?

Regards,
Kris

Hi Kris
No, unfortunately it does not. An RFE can be sent at any time the case is processed, since they go through a few stages of prep work before adjudication, and this RFE is more of a prep-work type RFE. The good news is that someone is looking at your case and this is usually an adjudication officer. USCIS guidelines state that they need to render a decision on the case within 60 days of having received the RFE response. So if your name check is clear, the same adjudication officer would usually go ahead and approve the case if (s)he is satiated, since there is nothing holding adjudication (disclaimer: as long as visa numbers are available, and this might not be until October, no one really knows for sure).
One thing I would recommend is to find out how long you have to send the response in. CIS changed their policy on RFEs, where applicants usually had 90 days to respond. Now this time period is at the complete whim and discretion of the adjudication officer, and it may vary from 30 days to 90 days. Definitely check what the RFE states with the attorney since I assume you don't have a copy. It is weird that the online status did not change, but if this is NSC, I don't doubt it since over on the NSC boards, folks are getting approved without an online change...how weird is that.
Anyway, long story short...all AOS processing is put on hold until your RFE is sent back, so be on top of this...RFE isn't something to fret over, but I'd suggest to get all your ducks in a row.

Reason for our LUD

Ok Guys,

Our LUD was for NOID, as there was no TB skin test in our I-693.
This is dated July 19th and my attorney forwarded it to me as a PDF attachement yesterday.

I was expecting this as the skin test was not mandatory last year, but became so this year. So most of 2006 filers, not having done this last year, and have got LUD, expect this soon, or even better start contacting ur respective attornys whether they have received this.

many of the guys who got NOID, got approved after sending back a new I-693. So Iam hoping against hope.

Now off to searching for that doctor who did our medical a year back.

-Still

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Good news for me - 485 approved

Guys,
Some good news for me at last. I got the CRIS email yesterday that my card production has been ordered. However, I did not get this for my spouse. We both had LUDs though, with no status change for her. Is this becoming a new trend now, the secondary applicant gets approved first and the primary is still pending? I am not celebrating yet as I don't know what is holding up my spouses approval.