Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

bbking said:
YEHHHHHHHHHHHH, I cant believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 9, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Great News! Congrats! 3months and 10 days to be exact! Gives the rest of us a lot of hope!

ks_cc said:
StillPatient,

The AC21 simply allows you to switch employers if your 485 has been pending for over 180 days as you rightly pointed out.

As far as getting an EAD and AP for you is concerned, I think I may need to agree with your attorney about the EAD for you. If you have well over a year left on your H1, why bother? The EAD has a validity of a year, and if it happens that you are still awaiting a decision on your 485 by this time next year, then yes, go ahead at that time and file for EAD. At the same time, it doesn't hurt to have an EAD if you intend to accept part time employment or take a second job or start a business or something right away.

The AP is not a hard and fast requirement, but its most needed for individuals who do not have a visa endorsement on their passport despite holding a valid visa status. It saves you the trouble of going to a consulate outside the country and getting your H1 stamped on your passport. If you currently have a valid visa stamped on your passport, you don't need AP right now...maybe next year if at all.

Lastly, I don't understand why you'd need your parents' birth certificates? All you need is your wife's birth certificate, and if that certificate is not in English, you would need to get it translated/transcribed. Talk to your attorney if this is the case, since they usually know certified translators. If not, just google for them, or do it yourself if you can. Parents' DOB and POB evidence is NOT required...at least no one asked for ours and I haven't heard anyone being asked for it.

Good luck!
ks

Thanks for the info ks_cc. Another person on the thread was using COB of Iran(Spouse COB) and it was moving fast, gives me hope as my wife's COB is Libya.

bbking said:

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 9, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

BBKING!! THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! VERY VERY VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Congrats and good luck to you bbking and hope this opens doors for a bright future for you and your family.

Keep us posted till you get your cards...

Cheers

Thank you all!!! I hope you'll get your approvals soon!!!
Any idea what I should expect now?How long till I get my cards? Do you know when I can change jobs?

bbking said:

Current Status:

Oh man.. I am soooo happy for you!! Congratulations!!! I told you that you would get both applications approved at the same time.. ;)

Gives us all hope that something is going to happen real soon.... :)

radd

bbking said:
Thank you all!!! I hope you'll get your approvals soon!!!
Any idea what I should expect now?How long till I get my cards? Do you know when I can change jobs?

Based on Nithin's and others' (in this forum) experiences , in about a week you would get your cards.

Ahh... the famous q about changing jobs.. sometime middle of last year there was an extensive discussion about this in this forum and Mr. Kanna intervened and gave his suggestion. He said that they look out for your intend to stay in sponsoring company at the time of approval. So at your Citizenship interview (you would be elligible in Jun 2011) the officer would propablly see your employment history from greencard.... anyway.. back to Mr. K's suggestion.. ideally 6mths or more would be really great.. You are not expected to work for your sponsor forever. He however also mentioned that about 3 - 6 month is also sufficient for those really in need of a change. Also in situations like if you are laid off you can change immediately.. but need to provide proof that the change of employment was due to employer's action.

I don't know if his opinion has changed from then.. I would suggest you google around and try searching in this forum too.

good luck,
radd

Hey All
My 140 was approved on 6/07
LUD on my 485 Changed for 6/08
Both were filed concurently....Is that mean I can expect what I wanted for all those years??

congrats CountingDays

CountingDays said:
Hey All
Both were filed concurently....Is that mean I can expect what I wanted for all those years??
congrats man...
could you please post your RDs/NDs along with the service center processing your application?
Thanks

CountingDays said:
Hey All

CountingDays, did you use CC to file your application? Can you also provide you FP date..

thanks,
radd

radd said:
Based on Nithin's and others' (in this forum) experiences , in about a week you would get your cards.

Ahh... the famous q about changing jobs.. sometime middle of last year there was an extensive discussion about this in this forum and Mr. Kanna intervened and gave his suggestion. He said that they look out for your intend to stay in sponsoring company at the time of approval. So at your Citizenship interview (you would be elligible in Jun 2011) the officer would propablly see your employment history from greencard.... anyway.. back to Mr. K's suggestion.. ideally 6mths or more would be really great.. You are not expected to work for your sponsor forever. He however also mentioned that about 3 - 6 month is also sufficient for those really in need of a change. Also in situations like if you are laid off you can change immediately.. but need to provide proof that the change of employment was due to employer's action.

I don't know if his opinion has changed from then.. I would suggest you google around and try searching in this forum too.

good luck,
radd

And what about changing position within the same company? can I do it or should I wait for 3-4 months?

bbking said:
And what about changing position within the same company? can I do it or should I wait for 3-4 months?

bbking,
Once again, congratulations on becoming a permanent resident! You've given us hope that we'd be in line pretty soon.
My $0.02, I agree with dbins and radd that its advisable to wait for a little while before jumping ship to a different employer. It won't be an issue now, unless your sponsoring employer files a complaint with the USCIS, but more than likely, it would come up during your naturalization process. Since the green card is an intent to hire, wherein the sponsoring employer is sponsoring you for permanent residency based upon a job for you once you get the gc, leaving the sponsoring employer immediately is frowned upon by the USCIS. If you're a consultant working through a consulting firm, it can be argued that you've already made them plenty of money by being on their billing over the past several months while your gc was being processed, but the USCIS does not see it that way. The recommended duration is six months, but I think 3 or 4 months shall be ok. When you do leave them, I'd also suggest getting a letter from your employer that you are leaving on good terms and in good faith to pursue an opportunity that you cannot refuse...or something of that sort.

frustrating - when forum is down

I couldnot get to the forums due to a dns issues and the workaround is
to reference by their IP -66.6.130.13

not really a CC case but....

I'm an Indian passport holder but born in Nigeria. Labour approved, EB2... is my PD current?