Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

dbins01 said:
if u have the necessary docs to state u were born in nigeria.use cc and u'r PD is current for now

He does not qualify for CC.. CC is only if spouse's or parents' COB used to charge against.. Nigeria is applicant's COB.. therefore it's a straight forward case.. He is from non-retro country.

danmagaji,
yes your case is current. Provide BC to support your COB. You may be required to submit other docs too.. Check with lawyer..

radd

danmagaji said:
thnx, awesome news..... yes i do have a BC.
Danmagaji, yes, this is a good thing since you don't have to deal with wondering if the VSC would accept the cross-chargeability or send it back and then have you resend it, etc. As Radd pointed out, your country of birth is the chargeable country as far as the visa quota goes. Country of citizenship does not matter. Good luck!

ks_cc said:
Danmagaji, yes, this is a good thing since you don't have to deal with wondering if the VSC would accept the cross-chargeability or send it back and then have you resend it, etc. As Radd pointed out, your country of birth is the chargeable country as far as the visa quota goes. Country of citizenship does not matter. Good luck!

No more VSC.. can only send to NSC and will be processed by NSC or TSC.. Even if sent to VSC.. applications will be forwarded to these SCs.

VSC and CSC only processing I129 and related applications. (apart from those filed before Apr 1).

radd

radd said:
No more VSC.. can only send to NSC and will be processed by NSC or TSC.. Even if sent to VSC.. applications will be forwarded to these SCs.

VSC and CSC only processing I129 and related applications. (apart from those filed before Apr 1).

radd

Oh yes....sorry...no more VSC, I keep forgetting.
Boy, things sure as heck are pretty quiet...

ks_cc said:
Oh yes....sorry...no more VSC, I keep forgetting.
Boy, things sure as heck are pretty quiet...

Yeah, I think it is because of the change that VSC is try to approve all older applications and and newer ones like ours quickly.. Without the change it could have taken about a year (just a guess, maybe more - based on the previous thrends of VSC ) to get approved..

Anyway... wonder what's happening there.. suddenly there is news at all even from older cases..

radd..

Dont understand this one..

According to the latest processing dates for St Albans VT they are processing Nov 30 2005 from the previous update of Feb 22 2006.

So did the local office just get more applns to deal with?

overboard said:
Dont understand this one..

According to the latest processing dates for St Albans VT they are processing Nov 30 2005 from the previous update of Feb 22 2006.

So did the local office just get more applns to deal with?

That's old update.. I posted the lasted about 2 weeks back.. It's actually from another website.. The puzzling thing is, the dates don't tally with the dates that USCIS provides in it's website, even though the updated dates on both are 05/22.. :confused:

radd

Last edited by a moderator:
I think our name check results are not yet in from FBI...if it had come in
we would probably have seen back to back approval after 140,just as nitin
and bbking had in their cases...

overboard said:
dbins,

You should be able to see the dates on
https://www.visapro.com/INS-Processing-Times.asp

Even this website has reverted back to the Nov date...

Oh the two words most 485 applicants worry about every getting thru 'name check'....

Yup..totally confused now. The official USCIS processing times web page lists May 22 2005 for 485 applications as Radd pointed out:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Vermont
The visapro site lists November. I don't get it. The 485s go by RD not PD, right? I wonder how they decided to pick up bbkings application in three months and change.

I think the the nov date is for the local office..for folks who's 485 was sent to the local office for interview..just a guess...

ks_cc said:
Yup..totally confused now. The official USCIS processing times web page lists May 22 2005 for 485 applications as Radd pointed out:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Vermont
The visapro site lists November. I don't get it. The 485s go by RD not PD, right? I wonder how they decided to pick up bbkings application in three months and change.

That's funny... two weeks back in USCIS website.. dates were in Nov,2005 and in visapro, 02/2006.. now both dates have moved back!!

I really hope irregardless of the dates they are processing..

FYI.. these dates make a big deal to them because according to them if they publish a date.. that means they have looked at cases up till then eg. 09/2005... and must make a decision by 60 days. Provided no RFE and not pending in NC. So if an applicant whose ND is 09/2005 doesn't hear from USCIS by this 60 days.. they can call and enquire about their case or start taking any other actions. In order to avoid this.. USCIS usually will only post dates that are far behind what they are actually processing. Hope this helps...

But with all this said.. I really pray that they are going to process our applications pretty soon.

radd

radd said:
But with all this said.. I really pray that they are going to process our applications pretty soon.

radd

That makes all of us I think. Radd, I think I understand what you're saying about the processing dates and such. What gives me sliver of hope that our cases shall be approved sooner than later is that fact that bbking's RD was sometime in early March if I remember correctly. Assuming they are looking at cases from March now, I think I've got a few weeks before they look at mine, yours and everyone else on here whose dates are pretty close.

dbins01 said:
just hoping with my RD 03/07 - I am just a week behind bbking
Yup...he took 3 months and 10 days...so if we go by that calculation, you're darn close.