Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Radd, dbins, gurus please reply

Hello Gurus,
just want to ask a dumb questions. If I-140 is approved and 485 is pending for 6 months, I understand that you can change jobs using AC-21, but I want to know if there are still some constraints on the new job like the salary has to be higher than what mentioned in I-140/labor ? Is that true? any other constraints?
Thanks

pururwa said:
Hello Gurus,
just want to ask a dumb questions. If I-140 is approved and 485 is pending for 6 months, I understand that you can change jobs using AC-21, but I want to know if there are still some constraints on the new job like the salary has to be higher than what mentioned in I-140/labor ? Is that true? any other constraints?
Thanks

Yes there are certain constraints.. Best if you look at the AC 21 thread for this... The ones that I know are that new job scope/roles/responsibilities have to be 95% same as what the LC mentioned. Salary.. not sure about higher but definitely not lower.

radd

I dont have this mesg yet ,but has anyone got this for their 485?
"the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made." - Coupe of folks in murthy reported this

dbins01 said:
I dont have this mesg yet ,but has anyone got this for their 485?
"the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made." - Coupe of folks in murthy reported this

I haven't got that message either.. do you think that's what's holding all our cases?

radd

Radd...no sure..dont think nitin or bbking got this...some folks who got approval had LUD's without any mesg change...FYI...
I had couple of LUD's without any mesg change and my current msg
is as follows

was received on .................. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

dbins01 said:
Radd...no sure..dont think nitin or bbking got this...some folks who got approval had LUD's without any mesg change...FYI...
I had couple of LUD's without any mesg change and my current msg
is as follows

was received on .................. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

Radd/Dbins,
I haven't seen that message either. Despite the LUDs a week or so ago for the address change, the message stayed the standard generic 'recd on ...we will mail you..'.
For some reason I feel that they wouldnt have issued the AP documents without the FP and name check, but I may be way off here and the things are completely unrelated. Dbins, overboard and you seem to the next ones if bbking has been any indication....

Looked up some similiar cases and good news arrives around or after the notice date..so am hoping for one after 21st

dbins01 said:
Looked up some similiar cases and good news arrives around or after the notice date..so am hoping for one after 21st

I really hope and pray it's true...

I'm trying to be very positive but this guessing game is really making me crazy... I'm checking mails and this thread whenever possible.. which is on the avg like abt 30 mins!!!!!

radd

vikram77 said:
Hey guys, anyone hear from Navneet again? Wonder what happ to his papers..
Nope no idea. I hope that his papers got accepted...last I remember it was the NSC that sent them back.

I have some rather naive questions...

What is the connection between AC-21 and EAD ?

If 485 has been pending for 6 months can one use the EAD to go to a different job ? or is EAD only applicable for 'multiple jobs but no severance
of the tie with the sponsoring institution' ?

thanks in advance
ni12

Hey guys, quick question.

My 140/485's about ready to go. The attorney hasnt included a 765 auth for employment for my wife - is that cool?

thanks
vik

No

vikram77 said:

My 140/485's about ready to go. The attorney hasnt included a 765 auth for employment for my wife - is that cool?

thanks
vik
I guess you should ask for that. They should file 765 and 131 for your wife too..

vikram77 said:

thanks
vik

include wife's EAD and both your APs too like pururwa mentioned.. you'll never know when you'd need it..

radd

Nary a whisper...

Another weekend come and gone. I've been crossing my fingers so hard I think I've given myself carpal tunnel.
On the bright side, the time is quite ripe for at least one of us with March filings to see some movement or approvals. Fingers crossed....(ouch)

no new updates from my end..I remian in hope to see some change after 20/21...though...have not seen any march filers getting approved yet