Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

overboard said:
Also regarding country of birth i think they give you what is written on your passport. For e.g. in my wife's case the city she was born in is now part of a different country since the time she was born. The lawyer mentioned place of birth =city,old country(currently new country).... Can this get more complicated :eek:

The EAD and AP docs were approved with old country as place of birth.

So i agree with the others that you should put ur country and not spouse. I did read somewhere that ppl put a big sheet with CC in bold in front of the appln to make it clear to USCIS.

that's a funny one... :) If you don't mind.. what country are we talking abt?

radd

Thanks everyone. I have told my lawyer that I want to use my place of birth to fill the 485 form.

Another question which is actually off topic: my lawyer told me that I don't need to sign I140. Only HR needs to sign I140. Is this true?

Wondering

wondering99 said:
Thanks everyone. I have told my lawyer that I want to use my place of birth to fill the 485 form.

Another question which is actually off topic: my lawyer told me that I don't need to sign I140. Only HR needs to sign I140. Is this true?

Wondering

yes.. It is employer's petition.

140 signing

I recall having signed it during the process..I was called by the HR folks
and had to sign in two forms -..cannot recall any more info on this..unfortunatley

vikram77 said:
Yes you do have to sign it. You as well as the preparer ( usually your attorney ).

See part 8 of the form here
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-140.pdf

vik

nope.. just saw the form that you attached.. part 8 is for employer to sign not the employee.. Like I said this petition is employer's not employee's.. That's the reason why we cannot enquire abt the I140 too.. only employer can call USCIS regarding I140.

And part 9 is attorney's signature.

radd

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys think there is any difference in the way they process 485 CC cases vs. non-retrogressed country 485 cases? I think they should be the same as CC is charged to non retro countries. What do you guys think..

overboard said:
Do you guys think there is any difference in the way they process 485 CC cases vs. non-retrogressed country 485 cases? I think they should be the same as CC is charged to non retro countries. What do you guys think..

agreed..

Is it the labor certificate needs to be signed? My wife has her perm approved a while ago and she filed 140 only due to retrogression. The application was returned later and lawyer asked her to sign one of the forms and resubmitted the application.

Wondering

wondering99 said:
Is it the labor certificate needs to be signed? My wife has her perm approved a while ago and she filed 140 only due to retrogression. The application was returned later and lawyer asked her to sign one of the forms and resubmitted the application.

Wondering

you cannot file I140 without approved LC.. so really don't know what your lawyer wanted...

anyway.. why did your wife file I140 only.. If you are elligible for CC.. your wife must be from non-retro country right? Was it eb3?

radd

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife filed under EB3 which is under retrogression. She needs to get 140 filed to get her H1b extended. Her PERM was approved last Sept and I140 was filed early this year. After a while, the lawyer come back to her asking her to sign one form and resubmitted her 140 filing.

I have pushed really hard for our HR to agree do a EB2 case for me. I have got PERM approved and ready for file using CC. But my lawyer didn't give me anything related to 140 to sign. So, I feel neverous if they make the same mistake that forget to ask me to sign something that they forget ask my wife to sign when she filed her 140. If 140 doesn't need to be signed, is it that you need to sign on the approved PERM?

Wondering

Its been a quiet week for most of us while bbking is enjoying with his cards in some beach somewhere :D

Anyways hope the weekend brings us some approvals

overboard said:
Its been a quiet week for most of us while bbking is enjoying with his cards in some beach somewhere :D

Anyways hope the weekend brings us some approvals

:D Hahaha...that's probably right...bbking...green card in one hand and a nice pina colada (with one of those little umbrellas in it no less) in the other...
Good for him! Hopefully one or more of us can be on that same beach this weekend or soon enough! Wonderful weekend to all.

any news?

Hey folks
Any news from other msg boards? I'm just trying to get a handle on where we're roughly at.

One more question, do I have a A#? I was on H1B for a few years. I thought I don't have an A# before. Is it come with approved Labor? I have no idea where my lawyer get an A# to put down on my 485 form.

Wondering