Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Happy 4th!

Wishing everyone a very happy and wonderful Independence Day holiday!
Hope this is the weekend that sees us getting some approvals. What better than being approved on or around the 4th, hopping from one BBQ to another.
Enjoy the holiday/fireworks & stay safe.
k

Anybody?

Anything to report folks? Any LUDs? Did anyone happen to see any approvals coming in on other message boards?

just received an RFE today ie 07/10/2006 on my I 485 ..I think it should be for medical as i didnt submit when i applied my 485...thers a rfe for my entire family so iguess it has to be for medical..hopefuly once i submit ..i will see some action..

Brittany Spears said:
just received an RFE today ie 07/10/2006 on my I 485 ..I think it should be for medical as i didnt submit when i applied my 485...thers a rfe for my entire family so iguess it has to be for medical..hopefuly once i submit ..i will see some action..
Brittany, this is neat. At least they're looking at your case! I agree with overboard, TSC does seem ahead of the VSC at this point.

I'm not sure how long this has been in effect but a concurrent filing can only be made at NSC now - that's where I've filed about a week ago. Does this mean that NSC will be processing the applications or do they just delegate it onward to wherever they see fit?

Thanks
vik

vikram77 said:
I'm not sure how long this has been in effect but a concurrent filing can only be made at NSC now - that's where I've filed about a week ago. Does this mean that NSC will be processing the applications or do they just delegate it onward to wherever they see fit?

Thanks
vik
Vikram, this went into effect on April 1st

My current status

Today my HR send my 485, my wife's 485, EAD, and AP to my attorney.

Hopefully will get filed this week.

StillPatient

StillPatient said:
Today my HR send my 485, my wife's 485, EAD, and AP to my attorney.

Hopefully will get filed this week.

StillPatient
StillPatient, good luck! Please keep us posted on the progress. My suggestion is to ensure with your HR and the filing attorneys that they are attaching a cross-chargeability cover letter and/or highlighting the fact that this is a CC filing under Sections 202(b)(1) and (2) of the INA. That way you reduce the odds that the pre-processors ignore the country to be charged and send it back. It happened to me (the attorneys ignored my strong request to attach a cover letter), and we had to send it back to the VSC after highlighting the special filing. Just a thought.

Thanks KS_CC

I saw a coversheet right upfront, had CC written in bold. The color of this page was also different, I guess to catch the eye.

I will keep all of you posted on my updates.

My understanding after going thru various messages at this and some other forums is that the next hurdle for me is to get the receipt notice for 485s, AP and EAD-right? (that CC was applied to my case)

I also read that encashing the check by USCIS is also a sign that apps were accepted? But in my case I send the check to my attorney along with their fees, and they send check(s) on my behalf to USCIS.

Lets see, plan to call attorney tomorrow.

My I-140 was filed in NSC and got xfered to TSC, lets see where my 485 ultimately lands up.

-StillPatient

Hey StillPatient

I'm in the same situation pretty much. Filed about a week ago, dont have the luxury of knowing if the checks were cashed since the attorney's doing that bit, and am waiting for the receipts.

Good luck,
vikram

Hey guys,

I am glad to inform that I am back in the game. My applications (485/EAD/AP) finally got accepted under Cross-Chargeability.

Remember my application was being sent back each time (3 times). My lawyers actually moved the AILA Chapter to help in my case and they in turn helped by contacting TSC and got my file accepted. The checks got encashed yesterday and the receipt nos were on the back of the check. The status shows that my applications were received on July 12th.

Now I hope everything goes smooth from this time on.

Cheers!
Navneet

CC clarifications needed..

hello:
found this the right place to ask this question,

if your fiance's is on h1b but had to leave US for 6-7 months, so no paystubs, how will this complicate the concurrent filing for i140/i485. her h1b is valid till mid 2007.

we are planning to use my fiance's birth country for cross chargeability. My labor has been approved and i have been in US on H1b without a gap.

thank you in advance.

DD

navneetsharma said:
Hey guys,

I am glad to inform that I am back in the game. My applications (485/EAD/AP) finally got accepted under Cross-Chargeability.

Remember my application was being sent back each time (3 times). My lawyers actually moved the AILA Chapter to help in my case and they in turn helped by contacting TSC and got my file accepted. The checks got encashed yesterday and the receipt nos were on the back of the check. The status shows that my applications were received on July 12th.

Now I hope everything goes smooth from this time on.

Cheers!
Navneet

Navneet! Congratulations. This is really good. Its great that you have attorneys willing to go that extra mile.

DD_guy_here said:
hello:
found this the right place to ask this question,

if your fiance's is on h1b but had to leave US for 6-7 months, so no paystubs, how will this complicate the concurrent filing for i140/i485. her h1b is valid till mid 2007.

we are planning to use my fiance's birth country for cross chargeability. My labor has been approved and i have been in US on H1b without a gap.

thank you in advance.

DD
DD,
I am not sure how it would convolute the case, but since you'd be the applicant, I don't think it matters, but I could be wrong on this one. I'd get verification from the filing attorney.
More importantly, I am not sure if the CC encompasses fiancees. From what I know, its got to be either a spouse or parent. Again, I might be incorrect...I'll dig around and see what I can come up with.
Best
ks

Hey Guys

I just heard from the attorney that my case was filed on 6/30 and that the checks have not been cashed yet. I know I sound paranoid but is this a normal gap b/w the receiving and cashing of checks?

Thanks
vik

vikram77 said:
Hey Guys

I just heard from the attorney that my case was filed on 6/30 and that the checks have not been cashed yet. I know I sound paranoid but is this a normal gap b/w the receiving and cashing of checks?

Thanks
vik
Yes, took about 2-3 weeks for mine...its all dependent on where it goes, etc...but hang in there.