Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Gents...

for AC-21..how is the 180 days counted,effective from 140/485 RD or Notice Date? or is it effective from the date 140 is approved?I need to prepare for my current employer being bought out or merging
with another entity...

TIA

dbins01 said:
Gents...

for AC-21..how is the 180 days counted,effective from 140/485 RD or Notice Date? or is it effective from the date 140 is approved?I need to prepare for my current employer being bought out or merging
with another entity...

TIA
180 days are counted from RD of 485. Doesn't have anything to do with I-140 dates, only thing is that I140 has to be approved before you file for AC-21.

overbd...

In my case the aquisition has not yet been announced and even if it get announced today..it will take some time for the process to completed
..so I might have the time... hope its the same in your case..
u dont need to panic when the news is announced..it depends on when the deal is completed...and name change etc is done

overboard said:
dbins..

I am going thru a similar process. The only issue is I cannot use AC21 as it will be less than 180 days when the acquisition happens.

I am hoping i dont have to ammend the 140 and go back into the 140 queue again.

overboard,

don't worry abt the acquisition... looks like you can you can get away with it before 180 days are up... I got this in this forum... if you need to use it..just inform USCIS about AC21 after 180 days are over...

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1454216&postcount=90

Hope this helps in easing your tension.. :) But I'm sure you'll get GC even before that..

radd

Last edited by a moderator:
Radd,

Thanks for the info.. Was helpful.. And I sure hope you are right abt the 485 approval..

RD:3/13
ND:3/21

Are there any new filers under CC? seems like there are only the several of us here who have used cc to file... guess all from mar/apr..

I just wish the ball would start rolling.. Once one of us gets approved.. all of us would see some light too.. just like the I140/ead/ap approvals.. This has been the longest June in my life... Just waiting for each day to past

radd

Last edited by a moderator:
radd said:
Are there any new filers under CC? seems like there are only the several of us here who have used cc to file... guess all from mar/apr..

I just wish the ball would start rolling.. Once one of us gets approved.. all of us would see some light too.. just like the I140/ead/ap approvals.. This has been the longest June in my life... Just waiting for each day to past

radd
Radd, I hear ya...I think each one of us mirrors your sentiment. The last ray of light we had was through bbking. As far are new CC filers go, not everyone using CC might be on the boards. Unfortunately CC itself isnt well known enough, and I don't know how many folks that are eligilble for CC arent utilizing it simply because they aren't aware of it and neither are their attorneys. I really hope, like you, that one of us gets an approval...that would spark some life into everyone.

hi
m back on th cross chargeability forum since i had an RFE on my 140...
My 140 is cleard now....now watiting for 485 to be cleared..Can you let me know if its ok to send my medical now since my lawyer didnt send it at hte time of filing or should i wait for RFE on my 485 for medical
I noticed with RFE on I 140 it got cleared immediately after 4 days of their receipt of RFE.. So I dont know if its better to wait for theri RFE for my medical or should I send it right away

I'll prob be the newest one to join the waiting game if, that is, both the 140 and the 485's get accepted. Filing early next week.

Brittany Spears said:
hi
m back on th cross chargeability forum since i had an RFE on my 140...
My 140 is cleard now....now watiting for 485 to be cleared..Can you let me know if its ok to send my medical now since my lawyer didnt send it at hte time of filing or should i wait for RFE on my 485 for medical
I noticed with RFE on I 140 it got cleared immediately after 4 days of their receipt of RFE.. So I dont know if its better to wait for theri RFE for my medical or should I send it right away

congrats on clearing your I140!!..

Is your LC PD really 01/01? Sub?
Anyway.. just a personal Q.. why did you go through the CC route even though you are not affected by retro?

radd

vikram77 said:
I'll prob be the newest one to join the waiting game if, that is, both the 140 and the 485's get accepted. Filing early next week.

good luck... update on how it goes..

radd

updates

latest VSC bullitien shows the 485 processing dates moved to june 26,2005 from may..
No new LuD's yet
couple of late Feb concurrent filers got their 485 approved in the past few days - reported in murthy...guess they have not yet touched the march cases

dbins01 said:
latest VSC bullitien shows the 485 processing dates moved to june 26,2005 from may..
No new LuD's yet
couple of late Feb concurrent filers got their 485 approved in the past few days - reported in murthy...guess they have not yet touched the march cases
This is GOOD. If they're onto Feb now, its probably a good indication that March ones would be coming up pretty soon, albeit, bbking was early March, so I'm not sure how they're processing these.

I'm the primary applicant and my wife is filing with me. My lawyer just passed me the 485 filing she prepared. I noticed that in the blank that asking my place of birth, she has writen down my wife's place of birth and put "spouse" in (). It is like

Country of Birth: XYZ (SPOUSE)

XYZ is my wife's place of birth. She said by filling the form this way, it is obviously a crosschargbility case. I'm wondering if my country of birth should be filled in since the form is asking my information. How is everyone else dealing with this issue?

Wondering

my pd 01/01 means 1st jan 2006
radd said:
congrats on clearing your I140!!..

Is your LC PD really 01/01? Sub?
Anyway.. just a personal Q.. why did you go through the CC route even though you are not affected by retro?

radd

wondering99 said:
I'm the primary applicant and my wife is filing with me. My lawyer just passed me the 485 filing she prepared. I noticed that in the blank that asking my place of birth, she has writen down my wife's place of birth and put "spouse" in (). It is like

XYZ is my wife's place of birth. She said by filling the form this way, it is obviously a crosschargbility case. I'm wondering if my country of birth should be filled in since the form is asking my information. How is everyone else dealing with this issue?

Wondering
Wondering,
Interesting approach. I don't believe that any harm can come of it, but your country of birth is your country of birth. The CC rule in my case was explicitly mentioned in the "Other" section of the form where the form asks you on what basis you're filing for Adjustment of Status. My country of birth was left at my country of birth and the country charged was filled in with my spouse's country of nativity.
In CC cases, the one that matters most is the country of birth, so if the lawyer feels that this method would make it more obvious, then I guess its a good thing. I'd also suggest not omitting the CC notes when she checks off the 'other' category and perhaps enclosing a CC cover letter, just to make sure that you cover all your bases.
Good luck & keep us posted.
k

wondering99 said:

Wondering

I don't think you should agree to it. USCIS makes mistakes even when all entries are filled out correctly.. they are like machines.. they only read what they are programed for..

I know a user yll_gc who used CC and he was the first to get approved sometime end of last year.. For some reason he did not post his approval here.. however I sent his a PM regarding his GC status and this was his reply:

[Hi Radd,

Thanks for your message. Yes, I got my GC based on CC. However, also because of this, the USCIS messed up and they put my spouse's country of birth as my country of birth on my GC. I filed an I-90 for correction last year, and now it is still not approved yet.
I hope you GC via CC will be approved soon.
Best of luck with you.]

He got his approval last year and up till this message (May 15th), he is still waiting for the correction..

Better to just fill in your COB and attach the CC letter.. If data is entered wrongly, it is you who will pay for it not your lawyer...

good luck,
radd