Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Request for evidence for I 140

I have received request for evidence for I 140..DId anyone get such an emal from USCIS....I am a bit worried...
TSC-EB2
filled using Cross-chargibility Rule
RD 05/08
ND 05/10
AP - ??
EAD - 05/31 - approved
FP -05/30
485 - Last LUD - 05/31
140 - ??

Brittany Spears said:
I have received request for evidence for I 140..DId anyone get such an emal from USCIS....I am a bit worried...
TSC-EB2
filled using Cross-chargibility Rule
RD 05/08
ND 05/10
AP - ??
EAD - 05/31 - approved
FP -05/30
485 - Last LUD - 05/31
140 - ??

Brittany,

You need to read the I140 thread.. there is great deal of information there. What kind of info are they asking? education/experience based info or company related? What I know is that if you have the proper papers and if it is education/experience based edvidence that they need,.... then you will not have any problems. Just submit the required papers.. you will get approved..

If company related... go to the I140 thread... I may sound like a broken record.. but.. if it is company related evidence eg. financial statements.. that's serious, go to UN for help... He would help you.. You can find his posts in the I140 thread.. He maintains the 'Ability to Pay' thread in the VSC I140 issues section and you can find his contact info in his posts there.. He has helped countless no. of people on this stuff..

hope everything works out for you..

radd

Last edited by a moderator:
13 digit receipt number clarification

Hi

Can someone enlighten me on what the 13 digit receipt number means- I know the first 3 digits represent the service center, the next 2 digits the
year of filing, and then ... ?

thanks in advance
ni12

Processing center, year, month, day in metric format and then a running number for the incoming applications on that day.

ks,

The 140 goes to the lawyer as radd pointed out. Got a copy from my lawyer this week. Also the AP goes to the lawyer for some reason. He got mine on Friday.

overboard

Hi all,

I found this website in another thread. https://www.visapro.com/INS-Processing-Times.asp

It's the Local USCIS Processing Times (Local INS Processing Times).

In vermont they are processing RD/ND - 02/22/06 for I485. This dates were last updated on 05/22. Hopefully dates have moved some more now.. Anytime now.. dbins, KS and overboard!!.. ;) Keep you fingers crossed..

Ead Q

Dbins,

I still have not received our EAD approval letter. Received only EAD cards and APs as of now.. Is there such a letter? and if there is one.. is that necessary for the SSN?

radd

radd,

The only thing I got was my cards.. Nothing like a letter.. Maybe the attorney has one..

Hope u are right radd and 485 gets approved in 2 wks... With an acquisition arnd the corner I badly need this soon...

over..

overboard said:
radd,

The only thing I got was my cards.. Nothing like a letter.. Maybe the attorney has one..

Hope u are right radd and 485 gets approved in 2 wks... With an acquisition arnd the corner I badly need this soon...

over..

don't worry about it overboard.. you will get your Gc in no time..

By the way, did you get SSN for spouse? What did you bring?

radd

what do these local times signify ?

radd said:
Hi all,

I found this website in another thread. https://www.visapro.com/INS-Processing-Times.asp

It's the Local USCIS Processing Times (Local INS Processing Times).

In vermont they are processing RD/ND - 02/22/06 for I485. This dates were last updated on 05/22. Hopefully dates have moved some more now.. Anytime now.. dbins, KS and overboard!!.. ;) Keep you fingers crossed..
Radd,
my 485 is filed with NSC, so how do these local times affect my application?
If you see VSC processing times it says they are still at 05/2005 as far as 485s are concerned; but on the link that you sent it lists 02/2006 for Saint Albans VT. So why is this differnce for processing dates ?

FYI, no approval letters get sent with EAD cards.
I-140 approval goes to the lawyers only.
Advance parole goes to the lawyers too.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Over, Radd
I got the EAD cards with approvals. My spouse applied for ssn. she had to bring the approval letters+ead card+driver l. they told her it will take between 2-8 weeks. still waiting for 140... :confused:

pururwa said:
Radd,
my 485 is filed with NSC, so how do these local times affect my application?

FYI, no approval letters get sent with EAD cards.
I-140 approval goes to the lawyers only.
Advance parole goes to the lawyers too.
Thanks

pururwa,

I believe that the center would be Omaha NE.. if so.. your processing time according to this website should be 10/07/05... You have to bear in mind that all I765/I131/I485 applications are now being sent to NSC and TSC.. Also all pending case which were not approved because of various reasons are also being sent to these centers.. therefore they might be having a more than usual workload than VSC and CSC.. However, this processing date is really good considering this and past performance.

VSC on the other hand are clearing all these applications so that they can concentrate on the I129 applications.. Therefore, those who filed in VSC and I believe CSC, will have a upperhand and get approved quicker than normal..

But hey.. you'll never know.. you might get approved sooner... I've heard that TSC is very fast on approvals. Maybe NSC is too.. :)

PS: thanks for the info about the EAD.. I didn't file through a lawyer, so I got the APs at residence too. I140 went to employer.

radd

bbking said:
Over, Radd
I got the EAD cards with approvals. My spouse applied for ssn. she had to bring the approval letters+ead card+driver l. they told her it will take between 2-8 weeks. still waiting for 140... :confused:

thanks bbking,

that really helps.. Was your letter in a seperate envelop or in the same as EAD? I recall dbins mentioning that need to bring approval letter to SSN office..

Hopefully your I140 gets approved next week... I know the wait must be killing you but you know, you might get nithin's luck.. I140 approval followed by I485 approval the very next day!!

Keep us updated..
radd

radd said:
thanks bbking,

that really helps.. Was your letter in a seperate envelop or in the same as EAD? I recall dbins mentioning that need to bring approval letter to SSN office..

Hopefully your I140 gets approved next week... I know the wait must be killing you but you know, you might get nithin's luck.. I140 approval followed by I485 approval the very next day!!

Keep us updated..
radd

I got it in a seperate envelope the same day I got my cards.
and BTW, can you explain me how people are getting their 485 approvals while the Processing time report shows May 2005

bbking said:
I got it in a seperate envelope the same day I got my cards.
and BTW, can you explain me how people are getting their 485 approvals while the Processing time report shows May 2005

mm.. I see that you are pretty new to the USCIS game.. I don't know for sure.. but let me take a guess from my 4+ years relationship with USCIS (LC started 03/02).....

The centers are inefficient and they do not care. There are plenty of people waiting in line from 2003 - 2005 for I485.. Mostly the cases from 2003 till the processing dates (2005)are pending due to name checks. However, cases after 2005 are pending because the staff haven't gotten to looking at the files.. Approving 2006 cases are so much easier because the files are already on their table.. and getting the older files which have been collecting dust is a lot of work ...

radd

radd,

my wife had an ssn prior to the start of this process.

bb,

i hope you get lucky like that nitin verma dude.. 140 + 485 in less than 3 days.

Did they change the standard msg on case status online for 485 applns. I thought they had a reference to "it takes x days to process ur appln"

No LUDs on my case but the message looks different (or maybe its a product of my imagination).

overboard said:
Did they change the standard msg on case status online for 485 applns. I thought they had a reference to "it takes x days to process ur appln"

No LUDs on my case but the message looks different (or maybe its a product of my imagination).

Yes they have.. I read about it in another thread and checked it out. Mine was also changed without change in LUD .. It's a standardised message. Doesn't really mean anything..

radd

overboard said:
ks,

The 140 goes to the lawyer as radd pointed out. Got a copy from my lawyer this week. Also the AP goes to the lawyer for some reason. He got mine on Friday.

overboard

Thanks Overboard & Radd,

I guess the attorneys need to figure out why the 140 was returned undeliverable. You are correct about the AP, my wife and I received our APs via the attorneys a couple of weeks ago. Interestingly, we had been told that my 140 was with them as well, incorrectly so. Regardless, it is weird that the APs made it fine, but the 140 approval did not.

Thanks
ks

radd said:
Dbins,

I still have not received our EAD approval letter. Received only EAD cards and APs as of now.. Is there such a letter? and if there is one.. is that necessary for the SSN?

radd

Radd,
Ditto. Like overboard said, all we got were the cards. I assumed we'd receive a Notice of Action for the case(s) as well, but I was wrong. I think they only send the cards out, with the suggestion to retain the top portion for our records.