Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

nitin_verma1 said:
Surprise surprise my 485 got approval as well. Am live example of cross chargeability.

My RD : 05 Jan 06
EAD AP : 03/16/06
AP AP : 03/29/06
140 AP : 05/04/06
485 AP : 05/04/06

whole process took 4 months. I feel lucky and happy now.

Nitin Verma

Congrats once again. Nitin can you share your PD?

nitin_verma1

Congrtulations!

Is there anyone else whose I-485 got approved using CC?

I went thru all the posting of this forum, and it seems that nitin_verma1 is the only person.

StillPatient said:
nitin_verma1

Congrtulations!

Is there anyone else whose I-485 got approved using CC?

I went thru all the posting of this forum, and it seems that nitin_verma1 is the only person.

I know of at least another user who got approved using CC.. but s/he didn't update this thread.. Found out about the approval from another thread.

radd

Radd,

My employer filed my PERM Labor in Nov.05, I dont knw my exact priority date. I got PERM approval in Dec.05 2nd week. and then i send all my papers in Dec.05 last week...

StillPatient,
I also tried to find user who got approval thru CC, but no success....

hello Nitin

Congrats, I just send you a email to your immgrnportal inbox. Had some questions regarding the CC filing. Let me know if you get that.

Appreciate it.

DD

Cross chargeability concurrent filing accepted

Hi,

My lawyer had sent in 7 forms. I-140 (EB2), 2 each of (485, travel and work).

It was an application filed concurrently using cross chargeability.
I am of Indian birth and my wife is not.

He sent it to the Texas Service Center. All 7 forms were accepted and I recently received the notices. (phew...) :D

I did a lot of research and the attached document shows you exactly what happens to the application. It will be rejected by the receiving clerk but should be accepted by the reviewing INS officer ( to the best of what I understood).

I have attached a format for a letter that i sent to my lawyer ( not sure if he used it or not )

Would be glad to help... if anyone needs any..

I guess now I wait for the letter in the mail from USCIS for the biometrics appointment ? Please correct if wrong..

Thank you,
William

I 140 approved using cross chargeability

My I 140 was approved.
File date April 25th - Approval May 13th.. :D

EB2 filed concurrently with the 485 using cross chargeability.

William

I-140 has nothing to do with cross chargeability.

Hi williamtt,

Congratulations on your I-140 approval.

BTW, I-140 has nothing to do with cross chargeability. ( apart from allowing you to file your I-485 application alongwith I-140 if your country of birth is retrogressed. ) Cross Chargeability is only relevant in the I-485 approval stage where your I-485 application can be approved based on the country of birth of your spouse.

Technically Cross Chargeability is not recognised by USCIS for Adjustment of Status (AOS) as they go by the 'Immigration and Nationality Act' which does not permit this ( ie; Charging Principal Applicant to Dependent Spouse's country of birth). This is only permitted in Consular Processing (CP) as they follow the FAM ( Foreign Affairs Manual ). However CC has been accepted in a lot of cases by USCIS for AOS as well. However please remember that there are no guarantees that this will work 100%. It all depends on the Service Center, Officer, Letters from the lawyer and of course "Old Lady Luck".

Now the real test begins...I'm not sure about the other CC filers but at least yourself and myself are in the same boat as TSC. Let's hope a little of Nitin Verma's luck rubs on to us too. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. Since they have already accepted our I-485 applications it means that USCIS does recognize CC to some extent. Only time will tell... Best of luck to all of the CC filers.

williamtt said:
My I 140 was approved.
File date April 25th - Approval May 13th.. :D

EB2 filed concurrently with the 485 using cross chargeability.

William

Checks cashed by USICS

I have filed I485/140 under cross chargebility on Apr20th 2006.My Checks issued to USICS for the same got cashed on 11th May. SO I am assuming our application is accepted..WIll keep you all posted with the updates..

PD :06/Jan 12
LC: 06/Apr 14
I485/I140/EAD/AP applied on:06/Apr 26
Checks issued for the I485/I140/EAD/AP 485 cleared on: 06/May 11

EAD & 140

Hello all,

Radd et al, quick update on my front.

I received email notification from the USCIS of my I-140 approval this past Saturday, followed by USCIS email notifications of approvals of the EAD filings for my wife and for myself. The EADs have been approved and the cards have been ordered.

Best regards and good luck to everyone. Updates as they come in.

ks_cc said:
Hello all,

Radd et al, quick update on my front.

I received email notification from the USCIS of my I-140 approval this past Saturday, followed by USCIS email notifications of approvals of the EAD filings for my wife and for myself. The EADs have been approved and the cards have been ordered.

Best regards and good luck to everyone. Updates as they come in.

Congrats ks_cc!! From this point I485 approval is very near I guess..
Our filing dates are a about the same.. hope that I get my approvals soon too..

radd

kc & Radd

Kc,

Congrats...yes..485 will be approved in days based on Nithin's similar posts
What was your Reciept date and notice date.can u kindly post

Radd...what was your RD and ND

RD & ND

Hello folks,

Radd & Dbins01, I did not realize that the 485 approval is near. That would be neat. So, once the 485 is approved, what then? How long before the actual GC comes in, any ideas?

Dbins01, my RD & ND are 03/24 and 04/07 respectively.

Thanks & best
ks

KC ....chck nitin posts in the same forum..he got the 485 approval in days
after 140..and the card in about 10 days I presume...

did u get any LUD's for 140 before approval..
Guess u beat both Radd and me..since we have earlier RD's -
BTW, was your service centre ...VSC?

Kindly clarify..

Kc

Was your I-140 RD too 03/24, looked up your prior posts
and u mentioned it was filed in Feb..kindly post the I-140 RD and your 485 RD

TIA,

dbins01 said:
Kc,

Congrats...yes..485 will be approved in days based on Nithin's similar posts
What was your Reciept date and notice date.can u kindly post

Radd...what was your RD and ND

dbins01,

my RD is 03/15 and ND is 03/27.. Just hoping I see some approvals soon..

radd

Thanks Radd,if KC's 140 was around feb,then it looks right
and our approvals might be around the corner..next few weeks I feel
From what I see so far..VSC is sending all pending apps where only 140's is filled to TSC/NSC and approving concurrent petitions only...just a guess

Lets wait for KC to confirm his 140 RD,ND dates

keep in touch

Gurus.. need your advise.

I have been trying to file my application using Cross Chargeability with no luck. My lawyer had sent the application twice to VSC which got returned. Only that the second time it got returned, they accepted my I-140 application.

This third time around, my lawyer says they have sent the 485 /EAD/ AP application marked to the supervisor. This is the 5th week runing and we have not received any receipt nos, neither has the application come back :mad:

In the mean time, my I-140 application at VSC got Trasferred to TSC.

I am wondering where my 485 application would be at this point. What does one do in such a case where the receipt nos have not come, nor has the application been sent back. :confused:

Is there a way to call VSC and enquire where the application is ??

Suggestions Pls....