Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

form for cross chargeability

navneetsharma,

You mentioned that Texas Service center actually has a seperate form for Cross Chargeability that needs to be attached and sent as a covering sheet.
Do you know what is the number for that form and where i can get it? thanks!

VSC Cross Chargeability

Hello folks
Looks like I'm in the same VSC Cross Chargeability boat. My wife is from a non-retrogressed country and I applied concurrently. The 140's being processed, but the 485/AP/EAD applications were sent back. This is extremely frustrating as anyone who has experienced this knows. Not only is time wasted wondering if they're going to accept the application the second time around, but the actual time invested in lobbing the papers back and forth.

The CC rule isn't well published nor publicized. My company's attorneys had no clue what CC is and I spent a good deal of time googling CC articles and explaining to them what CC is. Well, the application is somewhere in the netherworld between the attorneys and the VSC now, so I'm hoping they actually pay attention this time around.

Good luck to everyone.

ks_cc said:
Hello folks
Looks like I'm in the same VSC Cross Chargeability boat. My wife is from a non-retrogressed country and I applied concurrently. The 140's being processed, but the 485/AP/EAD applications were sent back. This is extremely frustrating as anyone who has experienced this knows. Not only is time wasted wondering if they're going to accept the application the second time around, but the actual time invested in lobbing the papers back and forth.

The CC rule isn't well published nor publicized. My company's attorneys had no clue what CC is and I spent a good deal of time googling CC articles and explaining to them what CC is. Well, the application is somewhere in the netherworld between the attorneys and the VSC now, so I'm hoping they actually pay attention this time around.

Good luck to everyone.

ks_cc,
What is your PD? Looks like our fate is dependent on the mailroom guys. If the guy who picks up the package is knowledgeable in CC then... it gets processed if not gets returned. Did you attention your application to the mailroom supervisor the 2nd time? Do let us know the outcome.

All the best..
radd
EB2 RIR Worldwide using CC
PD 03/02
RD: 03/15/06
ND: 03/27/06

Pd

Hi Radd,

My PD is 02/23/06. EB2 Worldwide using CC.
Interesting my 140 application shows a LUD of April 8th, although from what I understand, that doesn't mean squat. I'm not sure what the attorneys did when they resent the documents. From what I was told, they simply highlighted CC in a bold font. This was despite me insisting that they attach a cover letter.
I've been doing some research and I'm reading that if a case is sent back, the attorneys should address the subsequent dispatch to the attention of the Supervisor. Hopefully they accept it on the second try, failing which I plan on contacting my local congressman. I've been crossing my fingers so hard, it's giving me carpal tunnel.

I had my company check and the checks have NOT been encashed yet, so either they've sent the packet back, or they haven't gotten around to it yet. The packet was sent back on 03/23 I believe.
I'll post updates on this forum as they come in.

Best

VSC Cross-Chargeability

Hello all,
I'm happy to report that the VSC accepted the cross-chargeability application on the second go-around. I have receipt numbers for my wife and myself, and we are scheduled for the biometrics appointment tomorrow morning.
It's been a long journey to get here, but its very satisfying. Good luck to all.
Best
k

Congrats,

(I have come to realize that USCIS as an organization has the IQ of a piece of rabbit poop.)

ks_cc said:
Hello all,
I'm happy to report that the VSC accepted the cross-chargeability application on the second go-around. I have receipt numbers for my wife and myself, and we are scheduled for the biometrics appointment tomorrow morning.
It's been a long journey to get here, but its very satisfying. Good luck to all.
Best
k

Congrats!! I myself just finished my Biometrics yesterday morning.. Keep updating your progress..

thanks,
radd

Biometrics

Hello folks,

I just got back from our biometrics appointment. It went really smooth and the folks at the USCIS ASC were really nice. We got there early and consequently finished up and left even before our stipulated appointment time.
Glad to report things went great, and now we're back to our regularly scheduled waiting game.

Good luck to all.
Best
k

congrats ks cc and radd.

my lawyer resent the application to VSC on friday the third time !!! this time they have sent it addressed to the supervisor. I am hoping VSC accepts my cross-chargeability case this time.

Will keep everyone posted.

I have a question regarding cross-chargebility:

My lawyer says that since my wife was born in Libya, my 485 filing can happen using that country's visa quota, and I need not wait for visa numbers for my country(India EB2) to be available. From the various posting it is evident that this is possible even though Iam the principal applicant.

My wife was born to parents of Indian origin, they came back to India when my wife was in class-5.

My concern is since Libya is one of those "watch-list" countries can my/my spouses I-485 processing get delayed due to security checks?

Any advise is most welcome.

My current status: I-140 filed at NSC xfer to TSC ND 04/10/2006, LUD 04/12/2006, CAT: EB2

My wife is on H4.

Given that her country of birth is the same no matter under which countries quota you file, I guess there is nothing you can do about it. Yes, it is possible that her application will undergo special scrutiny due to the 'countries that sponsor terrorism' issue.

(interesting aside: If your wifes parents where libyan and living in india at the time of your wifes birth, she would be eligible to file under libya despite her 'country of birth' being india)

hadron said:
Given that her country of birth is the same no matter under which countries quota you file, I guess there is nothing you can do about it. Yes, it is possible that her application will undergo special scrutiny due to the 'countries that sponsor terrorism' issue.

(interesting aside: If your wifes parents where libyan and living in india at the time of your wifes birth, she would be eligible to file under libya despite her 'country of birth' being india)

Thanks 4 ur resp. So the bottomline is since the security check will happen anyways why nt take the advantage. Another important note to all of you who are in a similar situation: DO NOT APPLY FOR THE DIVERSITY LOTTERY to take advantage of the cross-chargebility. My attorney said if anybody applies for the DV lot, successfully or un-successfully, he/she cannot apply for the cross-charg.

Another friend of mine, whose wife was born in Dubai, to parents of Indian origin(Indian citizen, posted there temp.) fell for this.

> My attorney said if anybody applies for the DV lot, successfully
> or un-successfully, he/she cannot apply for the cross-charg.

Never heard that, sounds whacky, doesn't mean its not true.

DV and Cross Chargeablity

StillPatient,

This is not true. I have applied DV for the last three years and also successfully applied my I-485 using CC. There is no relation whatsoever between the DV and I-485 filing using CC.

StillPatient said:
Thanks 4 ur resp. So the bottomline is since the security check will happen anyways why nt take the advantage. Another important note to all of you who are in a similar situation: DO NOT APPLY FOR THE DIVERSITY LOTTERY to take advantage of the cross-chargebility. My attorney said if anybody applies for the DV lot, successfully or un-successfully, he/she cannot apply for the cross-charg.

Another friend of mine, whose wife was born in Dubai, to parents of Indian origin(Indian citizen, posted there temp.) fell for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Endeavour2003 said:
StillPatient,

This is not true. I have applied DV for the last three years and also successfully applied my I-485 using CC. There is no relation whatsoever between the DV and I-485 filing using CC.

Thanks very much for your response.
I stand enlightened.

What r the docs req for I-485 with Cross-chargebility?

Also what all things r required from my employer for I-485?

Thanks to everyone in advance.

I-485 fees cheque cashed.. application accepted ?

We filed for our I-485s concurrently with the I-140 using the cross chargeability rule.

The $745 cheque was cashed by USCIS 2 days back.

The application was sent in April 17.

Does the cleared cheque mean that the application is accepted for consideration?

Thank you.

William

Surprise surprise my 485 got approval as well. Am live example of cross chargeability.

My RD : 05 Jan 06
EAD AP : 03/16/06
AP AP : 03/29/06
140 AP : 05/04/06
485 AP : 05/04/06

whole process took 4 months. I feel lucky and happy now.

Nitin Verma