Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

anavneetsharm said:
Gurus.. need your advise.

I have been trying to file my application using Cross Chargeability with no luck. My lawyer had sent the application twice to VSC which got returned. Only that the second time it got returned, they accepted my I-140 application.

This third time around, my lawyer says they have sent the 485 /EAD/ AP application marked to the supervisor. This is the 5th week runing and we have not received any receipt nos, neither has the application come back :mad:

In the mean time, my I-140 application at VSC got Trasferred to TSC.

I am wondering where my 485 application would be at this point. What does one do in such a case where the receipt nos have not come, nor has the application been sent back. :confused:

Is there a way to call VSC and enquire where the application is ??

Suggestions Pls....

navneetsharm,

I do think that VSC has accepted your application. I'm sorry for what they are putting you through. Have they encashed the checks yet? If they have, then, they have accepted your application. Also.. if they were going to reject it, they would have done it...

In their 1800 no. they do mention that you can call about your application if you do not receive a notice by 3 weeks of filing. No. is 1-800-375-5283.

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 2 (for not knowing receipt no.)
then follow accordingly to speak with an officer

You should be able to find out. Since it's I485, you can call yourself or lawyer can call too. (If it's about I140 only lawyer or co can do the enquiry).

Hope this helps.. and good luck.. let us know how it went.

radd

Thanks for the information Radd. I will call the number and try and find out.

They have not encashed the checks yet !!! :mad:

My lawyer too had asked me if they encashed the check, but the sad thing is they have not yet done so. I am surprised that this is the 5th week runing and I have no clue. Atleast earlier when they returned the application, I got to know within 2 weeks. Right now I am in a situation where I have no clue where I stand.

Anyways, I will call the 800 number and find out whats going on.

Will update soon.

Radd,

Just got off the phone with the USCIS customer service. She said that if the checks are not cashed yet, there is no way that she can check it in the system as to why the receipt nos have not been sent yet.

She said in all probability, since my I-140 got trasferred to TSC, the other applications may have been sent there as well. Hence it may be taking longer. She suggested to wait another two weeks.

This waiting game has already been so long and now I have to wait some more :mad: I wonder when I will get in the clear.

Hi dbins01,

Sorry for the delayed response, my I-140 stats are as follows:

I-140 RD: February 22 2006
I-140 ND: March 2, 2006
I-140 AP: May 10, 2006

You're right on the money about the February guess.

Does anyone know what happens when the 485 is approved? I read that a set of instructions are sent out along with the approval notice, and that you need to go to a USCIS center to get your passport stamped. Do they print you again like for the biometrics?

Thanks
ks

KC - Thnx,if your earlier FP is not a year old then I guess you will not
need biometrics...that what I read in the forums ..Am not sure...though

Keep in touch and post if you see any LUD's updates on 485, you might
get the 485 approved too..soon says my gut feeling..

Navneet... - Dont worry..since its taking time, I think it will be accepted
mine tood around 25 day to get accepted..but the RD will show the date they recieved it.../ or u'r might go to TSC since your 140 went over there...

Update

Hey folks,

Another update. Just got email from the USCIS mail server, notifying us that the Advanced Parole for my wife and me was approved today.
I'm starting to slowly but surely feel really content now, 140s done, EADs done (no card in the mail yet), and the AP is done....oh 485 where art thou?

Updates as they come in..

Best
ks

I'd like to add that this has been a really helpful forum, thanks greatly to all that actively participate in it. Radd, if I'm not incorrect, you had the first post on this thread...if that is so, thanks for initiating this, its helped tremendously. Rock on!

Navneet...

Navneet,
I agree with dbins. When my papers went back to the VSC on the second go around, there was a period of dead silence. Wasn't sure if the checks had been encashed, the attorneys had not received the application back and so on. It was really an excruitiating time, time that I spent readying letters to my Senators and Congressmen. Have heart, I am sure that they will accept it on this submission. Hang in there & good luck.

Guys..

just an update.. we received our EAD approvals today.. Finally :) .. Hope the the rest of the applications are also handled soon..

radd

Congrats!

Congratulations Radd, it looks like our cases tracked about a week removed from each other. Sure as heck feels good doesn't it?
There is light at the end of this looooong tunnel...

Urgent: Questions on I140 & I485

Hello everyone:

I have some questions about I140 & I485 - my PERM got approved on last Friday; and I just want to know the best way to apply for 140 & 485? I heard from my HR manager that we could do both at the same time. Is that true also what else should I know before we apply for 140 & 485 this week. Normally how long does it take to get those to process approved? I think my file will go to Nebraska since I got my H1 approved from that location.

I would really appreciate any suggestions or answers.

Thanks much

--Kenosha.

Radd/all

My EB2 140 got approved from VSC
Got the approval mail today AM.
So VSC is now looking at March files cases,
Radd and all..expect your's in the next week or two..

Good luck...

dbins01 said:
My EB2 140 got approved from VSC
Got the approval mail today AM.
So VSC is now looking at March files cases,
Radd and all..expect your's in the next week or two..

Good luck...

My I140 got approved today AM too!! :) .. Hopefully our I485 will be very soon..

radd

yep..from nithin's posts he got the 485 in matter of days after 140 approval
Lets hope it plays the same for us too...

Did u notice any LUD's on 485

dbins01 said:
yep..from nithin's posts he got the 485 in matter of days after 140 approval
Lets hope it plays the same for us too...

Did u notice any LUD's on 485

mm.. no.. I'm suprised.. I've heard that usually there would be a LUD.. anyway.. did you have one dbins, ks_cc?

radd

Last edited by a moderator:
No LUDS on 485..just checked nithin and taureks prior posts
their 485 was approved within 2 days of 140 approvals...

Hoping for the same with ours..

Good luck folks...

I received my cards as well on 14May2006.... in all it took 10 days from 140 approval to card received journey.

RADD and dbins01 will get there approval soon.