Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

How long will it take before we get the LIN number

Hi,

I have appliled my 485/765 package to NSC on 12/11/2006 and i have not got any Lin so far, it is alreay 2 and half weeks passed,

how do they inform the lin number?

by email ? or through post?

to the lawyer? or to the Employer?

By the way i have applied using cross chargability.

Thanks
Nand

raidohri said:
Hi,

I have appliled my 485/765 package to NSC on 12/11/2006 and i have not got any Lin so far, it is alreay 2 and half weeks passed,

Thanks
Nand

They'll send your receipts to your attorney by post. See if your checks have been cashed - that's an indication that they've accepted your application and you're good.

Hey all, was away for a while having a baby. Are the proud parents of a bonny 8 pound girl :).

I had a question about the 140, like overboard, I'm starting to get the premium processing itch. Just not sure if it will help. What do you guys think? Would it help speed up the whole thing? Or does it run in parallel to the 485 and it doesnt really help to do it anyway?

Thanks
vik

vikram77 said:
They'll send your receipts to your attorney by post. See if your checks have been cashed - that's an indication that they've accepted your application and you're good.

Hey all, was away for a while having a baby. Are the proud parents of a bonny 8 pound girl :).

I had a question about the 140, like overboard, I'm starting to get the premium processing itch. Just not sure if it will help. What do you guys think? Would it help speed up the whole thing? Or does it run in parallel to the 485 and it doesnt really help to do it anyway?

Thanks
vik

In my opinion the additional $1000 is worth spending even if it is just for getting this one additional hurdle out of the way and getting done with it if nothing else..

Also I think having premium processing does bring in a little delay (if not more) for the regular processing applicants so I would think going by the premium route would be best..

btw, i dont have a lin/receipt notice yet - I know this might be a little early since we sent the applications about 2 weeks back.

Last edited by a moderator:
vikram77 said:

Thanks
vik

Congrats on the baby... Go for it buddy... Getting 140 out of the way will make things flexible for you if you decide to take the ac21 route after 6 mths...

raidohri said:
Hi,

Thanks
Nand

Hello Nand,
The receipt numbers are found within the notices of action (797) are usually sent to the attorney via mail. Two and a half weeks isn't uncommon. I'd check with the attorney to have them ensure that the checks have been encashed. Once you get the receipt numbers, you can create a portfolio for yourself off the USCIS website and track the status and progress of your cases.
Best
k

vikram77 said:

Thanks
vik
Vik
CONGRATULATIONS BUD! This is awesome.
By the way, just a personal note, its been my experience that a newborn brings luck with the USCIS. My daughter was born earlier this year, on May 3rd. The week after she was born, my 140 got approved, and a week later, the EADs and APs got approved....sooooo....you might be in for some good news :)
CONGRATS!

overboard said:
Congrats on the baby... Go for it buddy... Getting 140 out of the way will make things flexible for you if you decide to take the ac21 route after 6 mths...
Agreed. With an approved 140, you can also choose to extend the H in three year increments if you like to. BTW, I applied for an H extension, just in case, and apparently it went from VT to CA. Odd, but whatever.
I also sent renewal docs for the EAD & AP to the attorneys.

Hi All,

Updated the tracker with Zeppelin's data.
Sorry for the delay, was busy enjoying the New Year party(keeping my mind of the 485 approvals).

I put proc center as TSC as Zeppelin did not mention which center. My appologies if I missed. Please let me know and I can update.

Looking forward to updating passcore's data when He/she updates the signature with dates.

Happy New Year to everyone and hope all our stuff gets approved this year ASAP.

Warm regards,
Still

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy New Year to all

Still,
Thanks for updating the tracker.
Wishing everyone and their families a wonderful happy New Year.
StillPatient, I echo your sentiments. Hope 2007 brings us all some well-deserved and long awaited 485 approvals...the earlier in the year the better :)

ks_cc said:
Agreed. With an approved 140, you can also choose to extend the H in three year increments if you like to. BTW, I applied for an H extension, just in case, and apparently it went from VT to CA. Odd, but whatever.
I also sent renewal docs for the EAD & AP to the attorneys.

ks,

I got rolling on my EAD/AP renewal docs too. I got an LUD on both 485 apps on 1/1/07. Strange that I got a LUD on New yrs day?

overboard said:
ks,

I got rolling on my EAD/AP renewal docs too. I got an LUD on both 485 apps on 1/1/07. Strange that I got a LUD on New yrs day?
LUD! That's a good sign!!!!!

ks_cc said:
Vik
CONGRATULATIONS BUD! This is awesome.
By the way, just a personal note, its been my experience that a newborn brings luck with the USCIS. My daughter was born earlier this year, on May 3rd. The week after she was born, my 140 got approved, and a week later, the EADs and APs got approved....sooooo....you might be in for some good news :)
CONGRATS!

I agree on that :)
My daughter was born early 2006. Just a couple months before she was born my labor got approved, and after a month she was born, I got my I-140 approved. ;)

passcore said:
its been about a week now since I sent my 140/485/131/765 to nsc and still havent received any notifications yet. Iam sure this is too early to go into panic mode :D, i guess next week same time would be more appropriate :eek:

Just got a response in the Murthy forum from an attorney. NSC is having delays in sending out receipt notices. They hope to resolve it all in the next 45 days. Found this link in another site, which was posted on 12/25,

http://www.durrani.com/newsite/news_items/nactive_disp.asp?ID=2088

Happy New Year all ! Sorry for not wishing earlier - was busy changing that poopy diaper - ha ha, nah its not that bad.

Anyway, I'm upgrading to PP for the 140 - its been too long already.

Vik

going for premium i140 -eb2

vikaram,

on the same as you. keep mu updated your status on i140, i will do mine too.

one more thing i have not recieved my lin number for 485 package,
itt was recived by uscis on dec 11,2006.

how long should one wait for lin number
:(

CC case returned

My attorney said my case was was returned last week with "priority date not current". Attorney says he did include a cover letter for Cross charge, but says he has re filed with a different cover letter again yesterday. Sooooo frustrating, been waiting since November 15th, and now the whole waiting process has to start again. :mad:

Please tell me the details

gc_psraj

can you please let me know your case details, i am in the same boat.
please tell me when did u filed the I485?

Nand

gc_psraj said:
My attorney said my case was was returned last week with "priority date not current". Attorney says he did include a cover letter for Cross charge, but says he has re filed with a different cover letter again yesterday. Sooooo frustrating, been waiting since November 15th, and now the whole waiting process has to start again. :mad:
Ouch. I'm sorry bud. This happened to me in the first go around, and I completely understand how frustrating this is.