Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

passcore said:
Hi Guys,

I sent out 140/485/ap/ead applications for myself and my wife (using cross chargeability - UK) on the 15th of Dec so hoping to get some sort of confirmation note pretty soon. How soon do you guys think that I should expect to see a notification from nsc and is it a separate notice for each of those apps for both myself and my wife or is it clubbed together somehow ?

My prob is that iam going to india for about 2 weeks in a months time, and iam hoping that the 485 doesnt bounce back like it did for a few ppl on the forum. Also the FP notice might overlap with my trip home, which might be a real pita..

we'll see..

btw, i opted for the 140 premium processing (eb2 pd 03/20/2005).

-Sam

Sam,

Congratulations. Expect to see a separate notice of action (receipt) for every application that you've submitted, namely, notices for:
a. Your 140
b. One receipt notice each for your wife and you for the 485s.
c. One receipt notice each for your wife and you for the EADs.
d. One receipt notice each for your wife and you for the APs.

My advice would be to instruct the attorneys to resend the documents highlight the CC, if for some reason the mail room processors send the documents back. In my case, they kept the 140, but sent everything else back the first go around, and the attorneys resent the documents the same day they got it back.

As far as the fingerprint notices are concerned, you'd usually get a heads up of about a few days to a couple of weeks before the appointment, but don't bank on it. My attorneys called me the day before to alert us that we have appointments the next day. If you are unavailable during that period, consult with your attorney, and they might be able to reschedule your appointment if they get the notice.

Good luck.

Thanks ks_cc !

Ill be on the lookout for those notices and just hope that it doesnt bounce back. The attorney did mention that they used a cover sheet to state that this is a cc case, however there is still always a possibility :D.

As far as the fp is concerned, i read somewhere that once your 485 is accepted, you can actually do a walk-in and get the fps done, even before getting the fp notice and then ignore the notice if it does come later on. Iam not sure how accurate that is, however ill consult my lawer if that overlap issue does happen.

VSC as of Dec 18

Currently processing I-485 applications with date of Feb 05 2006.
In another 15 days, are they going to regress back to late December?

ks_cc said:
Hi overboard
Yes, the message still does have the date info on it for my case. For my wife's case they have the RFE Response recvd date (with the expect a decision within 60 days message). Over 136 days and counting :)
Infopass this Friday. Will post results.

It just says 'Pending' decision with no reference to any date received like my 140 message displays.

Looks like a reason for me to call and check.

Hi,

The tracker has been updated with the proc dates released on the 18th.

gz71 & passcore -> Please update ur signatures as and when u get notices and I will add you to the tracker.

-Still

Last edited by a moderator:
receipt notice

My attorney filed the I-485 application papers some time November 15th. I am using Cross chargeability. I still haven't heard from the attorney about the receipt notices. Any ideas how much time it takes to get the receipt notices after filing. Anyone filed around the same time here got receipt notices?

Thanks.

gc_psraj said:
My attorney filed the I-485 application papers some time November 15th. I am using Cross chargeability. I still haven't heard from the attorney about the receipt notices. Any ideas how much time it takes to get the receipt notices after filing. Anyone filed around the same time here got receipt notices?

Thanks.
Usually takes about a month. Keep checking with the attorney to ensure that the center did not mistakenly send the application back, since its happened to a majority of us (when the mailroom processors ignore the Cross Chargeability). Should be soon. Find out if the checks have been encashed by the INS.
Welcome aboard.

gc_psraj

gc_psraj said:

Thanks.

Hi gc_psraj, welcome to CC... It's good to have a buddy from 2002 VA here...

radd said:
Hi gc_psraj, welcome to CC... It's good to have a buddy from 2002 VA here...

Hi radd,
Thank you, and another Thank you for starting this thread. If not for this thread I would not have known about CC. I found a ton of information under this thread realated to CC, which otherwise my attorney would not have shared with me.

No notices yet

its been about a week now since I sent my 140/485/131/765 to nsc and still havent received any notifications yet. Iam sure this is too early to go into panic mode :D, i guess next week same time would be more appropriate :eek:

Infopass Details - Alert to all CC-ers

Hello folks,

Just got back from my Infopass appointment at the Manchester NH ASC.
As always, the personnel there were very nice, courteous and friendly; cannot say enough good things about them.
Now to the meat, summarized for easy reading:

a. The Immigration Officer wasn't aware of Cross Chargeability. No surprise there.
b. He looked up our petitions and especially my wife's petition since it remains un-adjudicated well over 140 days after the 60 day stipulation.
c. He understood what cross chargeability is, and then said that since the EB2 World category Visa Dates are current, he presumes that the immigration officer at the VSC has erroneously NOT taken up the petition. His theory is that the VSC thought that this is subject to visa dates availability (India) and hence it remains on the shelf.
d. FBI Name Check - As expected, my wife's name check is cleared (Japan), and I'm not in the clear. He did say that IF ONE OF US IS CLEAR, THEY GO AHEAD AND PROCESS THE APPLICATION.
e. His STRONG suggestion was to write a letter as a "gentle reminder" to the VSC...IMMEDIATELY...and request that they adjudicate the cases right away.

Now, all that being said, I'd strongly recommend every CC-er on this forum to secure an Infopass appointment at your ASC and find out the results of BOTH yours and your spouse's name check. If ONE of them is in the clear, immediately send a note to VSC reminding them that the visa dates are available. Now, I say VSC because I am not sure that other Service Centers are overlooking the CC, since all approvals for CC have been at centers other than the VSC, except for one I believe...might be wrong.

But anyway...that's the latest...I'm going to start working on a letter to the VSC now.
Regards,
k
PS: Wishing everyone and your families a wonderful and joyous holiday season.

Hi Ks_cc,

Back on this thread. Thanks for your welcome message a few days back.

Thanks for sharing that experience with us. These people at VSC seem to be totally incompetent bas&%*$s. Anyway, hope your letter spurs them on to quick processing.

BTW just to clarify, you can go ahead and get the whole thing processed even if one of you is stuck in the name check and the other is in the clear ? That's nice to know! Can you clarify upto what stage you can go, or can you go the whole 9 yards (GC in hand) ?

Also, pardon the dumb question, but how do I go about securing an "Infopass"appointment? I'm in CA. Can you only get it after your 485 has been filed for a certain amount of time?

Thanks and Happy Holidays to you too! Perhaps you will understand when I wish you "Yoi o shou gatsuwo o muake kudasai"! ;)

ks_cc said:
Hello folks,

Just got back from my Infopass appointment at the Manchester NH ASC.
As always, the personnel there were very nice, courteous and friendly; cannot say enough good things about them.
Now to the meat, summarized for easy reading:

a. The Immigration Officer wasn't aware of Cross Chargeability. No surprise there.
b. He looked up our petitions and especially my wife's petition since it remains un-adjudicated well over 140 days after the 60 day stipulation.
c. He understood what cross chargeability is, and then said that since the EB2 World category Visa Dates are current, he presumes that the immigration officer at the VSC has erroneously NOT taken up the petition. His theory is that the VSC thought that this is subject to visa dates availability (India) and hence it remains on the shelf.
d. FBI Name Check - As expected, my wife's name check is cleared (Japan), and I'm not in the clear. He did say that IF ONE OF US IS CLEAR, THEY GO AHEAD AND PROCESS THE APPLICATION.
e. His STRONG suggestion was to write a letter as a "gentle reminder" to the VSC...IMMEDIATELY...and request that they adjudicate the cases right away.

Now, all that being said, I'd strongly recommend every CC-er on this forum to secure an Infopass appointment at your ASC and find out the results of BOTH yours and your spouse's name check. If ONE of them is in the clear, immediately send a note to VSC reminding them that the visa dates are available. Now, I say VSC because I am not sure that other Service Centers are overlooking the CC, since all approvals for CC have been at centers other than the VSC, except for one I believe...might be wrong.

But anyway...that's the latest...I'm going to start working on a letter to the VSC now.
Regards,
k
PS: Wishing everyone and your families a wonderful and joyous holiday season.

Hi ks_cc,

Just one clarification, the guy said that ur case was shelved, even though ur wife's online message header said : "Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed" ?

-Still

StillPatient said:
Hi ks_cc,

Just one clarification, the guy said that ur case was shelved, even though ur wife's online message header said : "Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed" ?

-Still
Yup. Now remember, this is only his theory, but coming from a live immigration officer, I'd take it, albeit with a few grains of salt. He suggested sending a letter, which I did last evening. I sent it to the VSC as suggested by him to the address on the receipt notices. I forgot to ask him who to address it to, so I addressed it to the "immigration officer". His theory was that an adjudicating officer looked at my case and incorrectly decided it belonged in the India quota. See, by the time the 485 applications reach an officer, I bet our CC cover letter has been long since stripped out, so we are entirely reliant on their powers of observation, and I think since they go through so many applications every single day, I can see why somethings would fall through the cracks.
I also cc-ed (and sent a copy) to Mr. Novak, the VSC Director, and Ms. Bushey, the VSC Deputy Director.
The way I see it, if nothing develops from writing the letter, its my first step towards a WoM....not that I'd like to even think about that route.

I was actually going through the entire thread because I recall someone else, who did get approved using CC waaaay back on this thread had to undergo a similar process, wherein, he wrote letters reminding the VSC that visa dates were available for him. Don't remember who that was..anyone recall that? I don't think he was a regular forum contributor.

prezcalvin said:
Hi Ks_cc,

Back on this thread. Thanks for your welcome message a few days back.

Thanks for sharing that experience with us. These people at VSC seem to be totally incompetent bas&%*$s. Anyway, hope your letter spurs them on to quick processing.

BTW just to clarify, you can go ahead and get the whole thing processed even if one of you is stuck in the name check and the other is in the clear ? That's nice to know! Can you clarify upto what stage you can go, or can you go the whole 9 yards (GC in hand) ?

Also, pardon the dumb question, but how do I go about securing an "Infopass"appointment? I'm in CA. Can you only get it after your 485 has been filed for a certain amount of time?

Thanks and Happy Holidays to you too! Perhaps you will understand when I wish you "Yoi o shou gatsuwo o muake kudasai"! ;)

Prez,

Thanks and a very happy new year to you as well. I actually had to ask my wife what that meant. Hopefully the new year brings all of us some good news...the sooner the better.

a. Infopass: You can go online to www.infopass.uscis.gov and follow the steps to make an appointment. The first page prompts you for a zip code, and you're appointment location is the one closest to you. You can make an appointment for yourself at any time I believe.
b. From what the officer said, if either spouse is in the clear, they adjudicate the whole application as one unit...hence the whole nine yards.

Best
k

passcore said:
its been about a week now since I sent my 140/485/131/765 to nsc and still havent received any notifications yet. Iam sure this is too early to go into panic mode :D, i guess next week same time would be more appropriate :eek:
Sam, next week this time might be a little early as well. A good indication of packet acceptance would be to verify with the lawyers whether the enclosed checks have been encashed by the USCIS. Then you can just rest assured that the receipt notices are on their way.

ks_cc said:
Sam, next week this time might be a little early as well. A good indication of packet acceptance would be to verify with the lawyers whether the enclosed checks have been encashed by the USCIS. Then you can just rest assured that the receipt notices are on their way.

Ill send a quick note to the lawers to see if the checks were cashed or any notices were received, whether I get a response from them 'this' week is another thing!

Hope everyone had a good long weekend! :)

New Member - Hello

Hi All,

I have been reading the posts on this thread for a few days and have found it to be extremely helpful. Thanks for all the posts. I thought of passing some information about my case and hopefully post my thoughts/questions in the future.
I am using my spouse's COB for CC.

EB2-Self PD 03/21/2005 - AD - 09/09/2005
I140/I765/I131/I485 - ND - 10/26/2006
FP Code 3 Biometrics - 11/10/2006
I140 - Self - AD - 11/22/2006
I765 - Self/Spouse - AD - 11/14/2006
I131 - Self/Spouse - AD - 12/01/2006
I485 - Self/Spouse - No LUD after ND

I have the following questions if anyone can help me out.

a) Is there anyone with no LUD after FP for over 2 months on this thread?
b) Is it too early to press the panic button and make an infopass appointment to ensure that my case is indeed considered as a case of CC and not put aside?
c) Is it that if I have my ND for I485;my case is not gathering dust and is indeed been assigned to an officer?

Thanks guys for any responses!!!

Zeppelin said:
Hi All,

I have been reading the posts on this thread for a few days and have found it to be extremely helpful. Thanks for all the posts. I thought of passing some information about my case and hopefully post my thoughts/questions in the future.
I am using my spouse's COB for CC.

EB2-Self PD 03/21/2005 - AD - 09/09/2005
I140/I765/I131/I485 - ND - 10/26/2006
FP Code 3 Biometrics - 11/10/2006
I140 - Self - AD - 11/22/2006
I765 - Self/Spouse - AD - 11/14/2006
I131 - Self/Spouse - AD - 12/01/2006
I485 - Self/Spouse - No LUD after ND

I have the following questions if anyone can help me out.

a) Is there anyone with no LUD after FP for over 2 months on this thread?
b) Is it too early to press the panic button and make an infopass appointment to ensure that my case is indeed considered as a case of CC and not put aside?
c) Is it that if I have my ND for I485;my case is not gathering dust and is indeed been assigned to an officer?

Thanks guys for any responses!!!
Zeppelin,
Welcome aboard.
What service center has your case been filed with?
As far as answers to your questions, the basic gist to all these is that you're way way too early to even get close to the panic button. Your cases have been accepted by the USCIS as evident by your receipts and moreover, what seems to be record fast approval for your EADs. Unreal.
My take is, just sit back and wait, because thats pretty much all you can do at this point. Its been only a couple of months since you filed your case. Folks on this thread, myself included, are early 2006 filers and we're still languishing in the realm of passivity.
More specifically,
Answer to a: Its not unusual for there to be no LUDs post biometrics.
Answer to b: Its evident by your receipts and even moreso by your EAD and AP approvals that they've accepted CC. If they'd have overlooked it, they would have sent the packet back.
Answer to c: You're several months away from the panic button. Heck, you cannot even exercise the AC-21 (switch of employers while 485 pending) clause for another four months or so in your case.
Now, since your EADs came through so fast, maybe you'd get lucky and see some quick progress.
One way or the other, welcome to the thread and keep everyone posted!
Best
k