Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

raidohri said:
gc_psraj

can you please let me know your case details, i am in the same boat.
please tell me when did u filed the I485?

Nand
Hi Nand,
I filed my case around Nov 15th, using cross chargeability. Apparently NSC was experiencing severe delays in even issuing receipt notices for cases that were filed in NSC. This they say is due to some infrastructure upgrade being done in the mailroom. Plus I think the holidays added to the delays too. Any way, usually the attorneys should attach a very bright cover letter which says "CROSS CHARGEABILITY CASE". If that covering letter is not attached or is not visible then the case is returned as "priority date not current". I am not sure what type of a letter the attorney attached. This had happened to many other applicants in the past as well, so nothing new. However, I am so frustrated by the delay caused in getting the receipt notice from NSC, I hope this time it does not take as much time as it did the first time.

ks_cc said:
Ouch. I'm sorry bud. This happened to me in the first go around, and I completely understand how frustrating this is.

Hi ks_cc, Thanks for the solace. :)
Was your case filed in NSC as well? When you filed the second time, was the acceptance time same as the firts time, or sooner? I am not sure if they give any special priority for cases returned by mistake and refiled. Just trying to keep my hopes alive.

gc_psraj said:
Hi ks_cc, Thanks for the solace. :)
Was your case filed in NSC as well? When you filed the second time, was the acceptance time same as the firts time, or sooner? I am not sure if they give any special priority for cases returned by mistake and refiled. Just trying to keep my hopes alive.
Hang in there. Usually when the packet goes back, they pay more attention. And no, I lost about a month plus as far as dates go, but I was so happy that it was taken the second go around, I didn't bother to refute it....now I wish I had.

CC Applications accepted

Hi Guys,

Just got a note from my lawer with the receipt notices for my applications. Went to case status online and found that 765 is already approved :)

How soon after 765 is approved do we get the physical ead cards ?

Hoping for I140 to be approved as I had filed under premium processing.

passcore said:
Hi Guys,

Just got a note from my lawer with the receipt notices for my applications. Went to case status online and found that 765 is already approved :)

Congratulations. At least you're having better luck than nand. It takes about a week for the cards to arrive in the mail, maybe more depending on service center and region, etc.

Updated Passcore's details in tracker

Passcore,

My wife received hers within a week of approval, but these timings keep changing due to various "undefined" factors.

-Still

Calling Veteran CC-ers

Ok, so I'd like to think of us as the veteran cc-ers, those of us who've filed in early 2006 regardless of service center.
I don't know if you guys have been checking out the main thread for I-485 issues, but the 485 Issues in VSC section's been having a pretty heated thread about WoM (Writ of Mandamus). A WoM, for those unaware, is in simplest terms, a lawsuit that you file against the USCIS. This in turn forces them to ask the FBI for an expedite request. From what I've been seeing, regardless of service center, the applications get approved within a month, since they don't want the case going to trial. Moreover, there are rumors abound that this 'facility' shall no longer be available in the near future. It apparently does take a lot of ramp up before actually filing the suit.
Anyway, long story short. In a couple of months, it would be a year since our filings went in. Any thoughts from any of you guys about the aforementioned?

ks_cc said:
Ok, so I'd like to think of us as the veteran cc-ers, those of us who've filed in early 2006 regardless of service center.
I don't know if you guys have been checking out the main thread for I-485 issues, but the 485 Issues in VSC section's been having a pretty heated thread about WoM (Writ of Mandamus). A WoM, for those unaware, is in simplest terms, a lawsuit that you file against the USCIS. This in turn forces them to ask the FBI for an expedite request. From what I've been seeing, regardless of service center, the applications get approved within a month, since they don't want the case going to trial. Moreover, there are rumors abound that this 'facility' shall no longer be available in the near future. It apparently does take a lot of ramp up before actually filing the suit.
Anyway, long story short. In a couple of months, it would be a year since our filings went in. Any thoughts from any of you guys about the aforementioned?

Hi ks_cc,

First question: One should only file this after 1 year of 485 RD/ND?
If yes then mine can only be filed after July 17th '07.

Second question: Do they really do background check in the country from where you are trying to immigrate? Other threads are going bonkers on this issue.

Now that mine also is getting delayed, all sorts of thoughts are crossing my mind. In the fall of 2005 I had a speeding ticket, the only one in my 4(almost) years of driving history. Resolved the issue by calling up and sending a check with the required fine amt. My attorney said speeding tickets are not required to be mentioned while filing 485, so I did not.

-Still

StillPatient said:
Hi ks_cc,

First question: One should only file this after 1 year of 485 RD/ND?
If yes then mine can only be filed after July 17th '07.

Second question: Do they really do background check in the country from where you are trying to immigrate? Other threads are going bonkers on this issue.

Now that mine also is getting delayed, all sorts of thoughts are crossing my mind. In the fall of 2005 I had a speeding ticket, the only one in my 4(almost) years of driving history. Resolved the issue by calling up and sending a check with the required fine amt. My attorney said speeding tickets are not required to be mentioned while filing 485, so I did not.

-Still

Still,
Speeding tickets are neither a felony nor a crime. Violation of traffic laws hardly constitutes mention on the 485 unless you were blazing so fast that you got arrested on the spot. I've had two speeding tickets in 1997 when I was young and stupid, and those points have literally gone off my license.
Anyway.
The answer to a is that there is no set time frame after which you can go the WoM route. Its your discretion, but you must prove that you've exhausted all options. Its been over the stipulated normal 6 month processing period for us. Bull about the 'now processing' dates.
The answer to b is no. Do they call your home country and get information about you? I don't see how they'd manage to do that with several million applicants, so the answer is no. It takes this long to go cross agency..jeez...can you imagine cross international agencies?
What further irritates me is that I was explicitly told at the Infopass that my wife's name check is clear, so theres really nothing anchoring the approvals down.

gc_psraj, this is a common thing. Hang in there, it will be accepted hopefully this time.

I just got confirmation today that NSC has received and accepted my upgrade to PP for the 140. Let's see what happens now....

vik

CC veterans help

What exactly goes in the mail room,I did not get the Lin number after almost one month,i applied on dec9 2006.

I am using cross chargability.do you think the mail room people know the laws and regulations about cross chargability.

If they feel some thing is wrong, they should have sent it back, they have not even encashed my checks.

if any body has gone through this phase,please let me advice on what to do.

I really appreciate the help.

Nand

raidohri said:
What exactly goes in the mail room,I did not get the Lin number after almost one month,i applied on dec9 2006.

I am using cross chargability.do you think the mail room people know the laws and regulations about cross chargability.

If they feel some thing is wrong, they should have sent it back, they have not even encashed my checks.

if any body has gone through this phase,please let me advice on what to do.

I really appreciate the help.

Nand
Nand,
The mail room processors simply review all mail that comes in. They make the initial determination whether or not to forward the application along. A month isn't uncommon, especially given the fact that December and January were chock full of governmental holidays, from Xmas & New Years' to the mourning for the passing of President Ford. I'd definitely keep verifying whether the checks were encashed, that's the earliest indication you get. Hang in there.

Next steps

Can you advise me on next steps please?

My Labor just got approved per the website and my country is retrogressed per the visa bulleting. I can however use CC to apply under my wifes nationality and place of birth which is now current. What do i need to do as next steps? I am asking before I speak to my attorneys later today

Thank you

131 Approved

passcore said:
Hi Guys,

Our 131 travel visa got approved today for both myself and my wife :)

williamtt said:
Attached is the form you can use for requesting cross chargeability.

It is the offficial USCIS form. I cant find the online copy.. you can probably print it and use it from here.

William
I just saw this thread and this post. I did not know there was an official form for this. Even my lawyer said there is no official form for this. Had I known this 2 months ago, I would have asked my lawyer to use this form. My application was returned a few days ago, because they did not pay attention to the cross charge cover letter submitted by me attorney.

Awesome

Oh wow...that sure was fast! Which service center did you apply at? Are you from a retrogressed country?

passcore said:
Our 131 travel visa got approved today for both myself and my wife :)

raju125 said:
Oh wow...that sure was fast! Which service center did you apply at? Are you from a retrogressed country?

I used cross chargeability so basically its my wife's country of birth (UK) which is not retrogressed. My applications were fwded to Texas service center eventually.

Got the physical EAD cards in the mail yesterday which was quicker than i expected. They got approved on the 8th and I had the cards in my mail on the 10th.

passcore said:
I used cross chargeability so basically its my wife's country of birth (UK) which is not retrogressed. My applications were fwded to Texas service center eventually.

Got the physical EAD cards in the mail yesterday which was quicker than i expected. They got approved on the 8th and I had the cards in my mail on the 10th.

Hello - I am in a similar situation as you. i will be using my wifes place of birth (UK) to use CC. My labor was just approved per the website. Can you advise on how to proceed moving forward if I want to do concurrent filing using CC? I posted yesterday but no response. What are the next steps?

Thanks

Question about biometrics notice

Hey Guys -

Iam expecting to get the biometrics notice sometime soon based on the general trend. however the problem is I will be going to India next week and will not be back till the 5th next month (wife staying for another couple of weeks) and so Iam afraid that I might miss the fp appointment or might have to reschedule it.

What options do I have :
1. Ask my lawer to reschedule it when he recieves the notice ?
2. Ignore the appt date and just walk in when wife returns ?
3. Just walk in now with the SRC no of our 485 and see if the ASC accepts it.

Let me know if anyone of you has been in a similar situation !

Thanks!

Dedo said:
Hello - I am in a similar situation as you. i will be using my wifes place of birth (UK) to use CC. My labor was just approved per the website. Can you advise on how to proceed moving forward if I want to do concurrent filing using CC? I posted yesterday but no response. What are the next steps?

Thanks

Hey Dedo - Congrats on your labor being approved!
Well basically all that I know about CC has been due to this forum and it has been an awesome source of info, so to start with you might want to read through all of 73 pages to get a good idea about cc

That iam sure will answer most of your questions, however if you still have any specific questions feel free to post them and iam sure someone will be able to answer them for you!

Good luck!