Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Huh!?

VSC Processing Dates for 485 applications, as of 12/05/2006 moved back to December 31st 2005 from Feb 15 2006 reported on 11/17/06.
Kablam! That's the sound of me blowing my brains out.

Hello!

Over the last three days I read the entire 69 pages of this thread It's cleared up a lot of doubts (but don't tell that to my employer ;)). Thanks to all of you regular posters (Ks_cc, stillpatient, radd, vikram, dbins, pururwa etc. sorry if I left anyone out, recalling from memory). I feel for you guys cos you started this thread way back last year and are still waiting for the prized GC. Hopefully soon.

I'm still waiting to clear Labor! But started reading this thread in advance because I am eligible for the CC (my COB: India, Wife's COB: UK). The Labor waiting game has been going on for long, but I am hopeful that something will happen in the next couple of weeks (mine is a PERM conversion case filed in July (original PD 10/2003), last week the DOL website said my old labor case was withdrawn, so I'm hoping the PERM now gets approved in a matter of weeks). It's discouraging to read that the waiting game just begins afresh :(

Ah well, at least I can file I-140 premium processing.

Anyway, first I have to clear Labor! Hope to be back on this thread after that!

Regards,
-Prez.

prezcalvin said:
Over the last three days I read the entire 69 pages of this thread It's cleared up a lot of doubts (but don't tell that to my employer ;)). Thanks to all of you regular posters (Ks_cc, stillpatient, radd, vikram, dbins, pururwa etc. sorry if I left anyone out, recalling from memory). I feel for you guys cos you started this thread way back last year and are still waiting for the prized GC. Hopefully soon.

I'm still waiting to clear Labor! But started reading this thread in advance because I am eligible for the CC (my COB: India, Wife's COB: UK). The Labor waiting game has been going on for long, but I am hopeful that something will happen in the next couple of weeks (mine is a PERM conversion case filed in July (original PD 10/2003), last week the DOL website said my old labor case was withdrawn, so I'm hoping the PERM now gets approved in a matter of weeks). It's discouraging to read that the waiting game just begins afresh :(

Ah well, at least I can file I-140 premium processing.

Anyway, first I have to clear Labor! Hope to be back on this thread after that!

Regards,
-Prez.

Prez,
Welcome aboard the Cross Chargeability Train. Last stop GC Central.
I can't imagine having to read this thread from the start, so kudos to you for doing so. I do believe that your Perm approval should be around the corner. Having read the entire thread, I think you might be in a good position to file using CC, but definitely post any questions that you have. A lot of credit goes out to Radd who was the thread originator.
This thread has helped tremendously, and its a good feeling to have others who share your experience and are in the same boat....strength in numbers I guess. From StillPatient who's maintaining the tracker to everyone else...all combined, this thread is a college of knowledge. Glad you've found everyones experiences helpful...a few weeks ago someone posted on the forum mentioning that they got their 485 approval and he used CC, but failed to find any useful information on this thread. Too bad.
Good luck with the Perm and keep us posted on your progress.
Best
k

vikram77 said:
Hey, been a while.

I didnt know there was something called Code <x> in fingerprinting. What's the diff? We've had just the one and saw LUD's the next day.

vik
Ok...I want to know too. There's some big thread out over on the main VSC forum about fingerprint codes and approvals after a code 1 or code 3 or something. Wife & I both did 10 digit scans when we went for our biometrics back in April. What code is that, and how is it pertinent?

Case status enquiry

I called the national customer service number and initiated an enquiry on my 485 application this morning. My goal was to initiate an enquiry on my wife's case because its been about 130 days since VSC received the RFE response and the status message says to expect a decision within 60. However since she wasn't present, and they couldn't get her consent to initiate an enquiry, I went ahead and asked them to follow through on my case.
I'm also thinking about making an Infopass appointment to head on over to the ASC Center in Manchester NH and find out about our name checks. Has anyone been to an Infopass appointment?

Concurrent filing to terminate?

... from immigration law website

12/11/2006: USCIS Considers Termination of Concurrent Filing (140/485)

• According to the USCIS rule-making agenda, the USCIS is to propose to terminate current concurrent I-140 and I-485 filing. The proposed rule is scheduled to be published in March 2007 with 60-day comment period. It is thus not imminent, but in the later part of this year, the immigrant community may see a totally different filing procedure including electronic registration and filing just like current PERM labor certificaiton application procedure. Once the concurrent filing is terminated, the immigrants may experience a terrible pain as related to maintenance of nonimmigrant status pending I-140 petition, eligibility for 245K benefit, plus unavailability of EAD and AP pending I-140 petition, AC-21 180-day portability, etc. etc. Should the I-140 petition processing be dragged, the pain will be extremely unbearable!

Help Needed

I just realised that there is the wrong expiration date on my I-94 when I came back from a visit to India in Feb 2006.
The officer did not put the date according to the 797 which expires in 2007 .He put the expiration date as per the visa stamp in the passport.which is april 2006

My visa in my passport has also expired in April 2006.
My company is filing for 1485 and the lawyer just noticed it .

What are my options ?

gz71 said:
I just realised that there is the wrong expiration date on my I-94 when I came back from a visit to India in Feb 2006.
The officer did not put the date according to the 797 which expires in 2007 .He put the expiration date as per the visa stamp in the passport.which is april 2006

My visa in my passport has also expired in April 2006.
My company is filing for 1485 and the lawyer just noticed it .

What are my options ?
Were you planning to use cross chargeability? What does your lawyer say? I suppose they could attach a letter stating the facts to this effect.

ks_cc said:
Were you planning to use cross chargeability? What does your lawyer say? I suppose they could attach a letter stating the facts to this effect.

Yes I'm using cross chargeability .
Can this be corrected ?
If yes ,should it be done before 485 is filed or can it be done after ?

ks,radd, others..

My GC bad luck continues... USCIS rejected my request to upgrade the 140 ammendment to Premium Processing coz it does not apply to 140 ammendments and refunded my money...

I should just use the money to buy an LCD TV...

hi gz71,

you should correct this immediately. This happened to me once in Jun 2002. I had visa until 2003 according to my I-797. When I travelled, the immigration officer gave I-94 till Dec 2002 in line with my visa stamp. But I corrected it (an office in Los Angeles. An attorney accompanied me) before the Dec 2002 deadline.
In your case, seems like you have crossed the I-94 expiration date. I am not scaring you. Just be on top of it and take care of it now.

abu2003

I got the I-94 corrected today at an office in Raleigh . It was no problem .The officer even apologise for the error that was totally avoildable .The process took 5 minutes.

Thanks for the advice everyone !

overboard said:
ks,radd, others..

My GC bad luck continues... USCIS rejected my request to upgrade the 140 ammendment to Premium Processing coz it does not apply to 140 ammendments and refunded my money...

I should just use the money to buy an LCD TV...
Overboard,
Yeesh, this sucks dude. I did not realize that the 140 Premium doesnt apply to ammends. Well, look on the bright side...they sent you some money (back) for holiday shopping.
FYI all, I have an Infopass appt next Friday (twas the eve of Xmas...or close enough) to find out what's going on with the 135+ days that have passed since they told us to expect a decision in 60. I called Customer Service earlier in the week and initiated an inquiry for my case but couldn't on my wife's case since she wasn't present to give consent to me doing things on her behalf...whatever.
I called the NH district 1 senator's office and his immigration point of contact looked up VSC with our case numbers and informed me that our NDs are outside their current processing time and to call her back in a few weeks. She didnt know if our name checks were back yet, but said thats what takes the longest, but since my wife is Japanese her's would blaze through (whatever happened to the name check not being discriminatory to country of origin).

gz71 said:
I got the I-94 corrected today at an office in Raleigh . It was no problem .The officer even apologise for the error that was totally avoildable .The process took 5 minutes.

Thanks for the advice everyone !
Congratulations gz. Now you can focus on the CC filing in peace.

Ks,radd and others...

Does your 485 online case status have a date received info in it? Mine used to say received on some date before but now it just says pending at the service center...

overboard said:
Ks,radd and others...

Does your 485 online case status have a date received info in it? Mine used to say received on some date before but now it just says pending at the service center...
Hi overboard
Yes, the message still does have the date info on it for my case. For my wife's case they have the RFE Response recvd date (with the expect a decision within 60 days message). Over 136 days and counting :)
Infopass this Friday. Will post results.

Application sent

Hi Guys,

I sent out 140/485/ap/ead applications for myself and my wife (using cross chargeability - UK) on the 15th of Dec so hoping to get some sort of confirmation note pretty soon. How soon do you guys think that I should expect to see a notification from nsc and is it a separate notice for each of those apps for both myself and my wife or is it clubbed together somehow ?

My prob is that iam going to india for about 2 weeks in a months time, and iam hoping that the 485 doesnt bounce back like it did for a few ppl on the forum. Also the FP notice might overlap with my trip home, which might be a real pita..

we'll see..

btw, i opted for the 140 premium processing (eb2 pd 03/20/2005).

-Sam