Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Umass did your lawyer contact them by phone or send them a letter. Do you know if he did anything different to get a quicker response?

I got green cards for me and my wife on Friday...:)
EB2, RD is 9/11/2007 filed using cross - chargeability with my wife's country and got RFE on April... Approved after one week of submission for evidence....

one question, what do I need to bring to come back U.S. if I go out for traveling? Just green card and passport? Do I need to bring the notice with me?

A15648
Did you or your lawyer had a chance to make sure with USCIS about your case being considered for CC?
Also what is the PD?
Thanks and enjoy the green:)

Umass did your lawyer contact them by phone or send them a letter. Do you know if he did anything different to get a quicker response?
Hi MMU,

I'm not certain if my lawyer contacted them by phone or mail .... she said they use "back-door" contacts, and as such, she was reluctant to give me much additional info.

Well, it's been over 2 weeks as of yesterday, and my LUD remains at 3/28/2007.

Can I use CC if wife LPR, born in Pakistan? Applying for EB2

I am about to begin my GC application process through my employer. Before I dive into it, I wish to get some preliminary information. Any help will be greatly appreciated. My facts are as follows:

I am an Indian born, Australian national
My wife is an LPR (family based), born in Pakistan (ROW.) Arrived in the US in mid-2007
I have an advance degree with 5+ yrs experience in IT so most likely we will apply for EB2

Is it possible for me to use CC? If so can someone please throw some light on how I can go about it?

Thanks,
NWISE2

I am about to begin my GC application process through my employer. Before I dive into it, I wish to get some preliminary information. Any help will be greatly appreciated. My facts are as follows:

I am an Indian born, Australian national
My wife is an LPR (family based), born in Pakistan (ROW.) Arrived in the US in mid-2007
I have an advance degree with 5+ yrs experience in IT so most likely we will apply for EB2

Is it possible for me to use CC? If so can someone please throw some light on how I can go about it?

Thanks,
NWISE2
Hi NWISE2
Yes, you can go ahead and file under CC
You will need birth certificate of your wife from Pakistan

NC cleared

Hi All
I know that calling service centre before 140 approval is crazy :rolleyes: but still called TSC using POJ technique to check the status on my 485 and to my surprise the lady on call said that my NC has been cleared but my case is still pending. And that has to be the case since my 140 is still pending since last 7 months.
So if the 140 gets approved in coming months.....will the 485 approvals follow soon?:confused:

Approved!!

Guys - After 5 years, I finally got the approval email. I haven't been following too closely lately but I am a cc case so not sure if that did it. I am EB2 India filed as CC on 3/07 (PD is 4/03).

I just got the approval notice sent email. When can I expect the card production ordered email and how long to actually receive the cards?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Guys - After 5 years, I finally got the approval email. I haven't been following too closely lately but I am a cc case so not sure if that did it. I am EB2 India filed as CC on 3/07 (PD is 4/03).

I just got the approval notice sent email. When can I expect the card production ordered email and how long to actually receive the cards?

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Hey Dedo
First of all congratulations on going Green:)
I know you being a old timer alongwith Stillpatient, Ks_CC and bunch of others.
I am not sure about the actual time of getting physical cards but read somewhere on trackitt that they say about 30-45 days and is usually way before that.

Thanks Way2gc!

Yes, after looking at your PD, i am definately an old timer. Waiting so long kinda takes away the excitement of actually going green. Does anyone know what the various emails one receives after getting the "approval notice sent" email. I hear there also a "welcome letter", and a "card production ordered" email. When can I expect those?

Thanks!

Thanks Way2gc!

Yes, after looking at your PD, i am definately an old timer. Waiting so long kinda takes away the excitement of actually going green. Does anyone know what the various emails one receives after getting the "approval notice sent" email. I hear there also a "welcome letter", and a "card production ordered" email. When can I expect those?

Thanks!
Congratulations Dedo !!! I really doubt if CC got applied to your case, since your PD is 4/03.

But oh well, you have it now one way or the other ... so enjoy your freedom !

Thanks Way2gc!

Thanks!
Dedo
Did you contacted senator or congressman ?

I just logged in on the CIS website to see my portfolio, and while the status is still "Case received and pending", my I-485 LUD has changed to 6/10/2008. That's today !!!

Now I'm really excited and anxious to know what this soft LUD is all about.

Dedo
Did you contacted senator or congressman ?

No, didnt do any of that. Just waited it out. i tried not to think about this daily, otherwise the last 5 yrs would have been hell. My attorneys have been great and very knowledgeable and they kept me reassured through the process

Congrats Dedo...Hopefully your cards will come in time.

I am still waiting on mine and it is a bit over 2 mths.When my 485 was approved I got the case approved email and did not get the card production email.

Congrats Dedo...Hopefully your cards will come in time.

I am still waiting on mine and it is a bit over 2 mths.When my 485 was approved I got the case approved email and did not get the card production email.

Thanks Over! Did you receive the approval notices in the mail at least? What are you doing to get the physical cards. Wow, they really want to torture us at every stage, dont they?

Yup got the notices in the mail in a week or so. If I need to travel before the card arrives I will have to explore stamping options.

Another update guys ... my wife's I-485 also got a LUD of 6/10/2008, and we just received an e-mail from CIS at 9:45 p.m. tonight indicating an RFE for my wife's case. My case only indicates a soft LUD of 6/10/2008, with the case status still showing the case as received and pending.

We're really getting nervous and anxious to know what the RFE is ... especially, since tomorrow is my last day with my current employer. In the next few days we're relocating, and I'm starting a new job with another employer using AC21 in the first week of next month. Yeah, talk about timing !!!

What's making us nervous is the fact that the RFE is for my wife's case and not mine.