Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Hi MMU,

I requested my lawyer to do so, but haven't heard back from her office yet. Any updates on your case? Any LUD changes?
I ask because they returned the letter back saying i should send it to the CSR. I was wondering if you had different luck.

Do you know if they would take a SR if your application was not current. I am quite concerned that they are not considering my case to be a xcharged case. On a whim i checked out the pd dates for india in Oct 2007 when I got the RFE and India was current at April 2004. Mine as you can see is March 2004. India got retrogressed after that. Yet again i called the other number and opened up another SR on thursday last week. I am trying to read into it. Is it not true that they will not take a SR if your application is not current. Do you know if I can know for sure from a infopass?

Earlier i used to ask of the IOs whenever I call using the POJ method but then i found out that they really cannot see anything over there. I am at a loss as to figure this out while applications with later PDs are getting approved left and right from around the same time as my RD. I know you are in the same boat but i just cannot seem to just be patient and wait unless i am sure they are placing my application in the right queue.

I ask because they returned the letter back saying i should send it to the CSR. I was wondering if you had different luck.

Do you know if they would take a SR if your application was not current. I am quite concerned that they are not considering my case to be a xcharged case. On a whim i checked out the pd dates for india in Oct 2007 when I got the RFE and India was current at April 2004. Mine as you can see is March 2004. India got retrogressed after that. Yet again i called the other number and opened up another SR on thursday last week. I am trying to read into it. Is it not true that they will not take a SR if your application is not current. Do you know if I can know for sure from a infopass?

Earlier i used to ask of the IOs whenever I call using the POJ method but then i found out that they really cannot see anything over there. I am at a loss as to figure this out while applications with later PDs are getting approved left and right from around the same time as my RD. I know you are in the same boat but i just cannot seem to just be patient and wait unless i am sure they are placing my application in the right queue.
Hi MMU,

I think they don't take a SR if your PD is not current ... I know this for a fact, because the first thing an IO asked me when I opened a SR in Nov '07 was if my PD was current .... I then told her the cross-chargeability thing and she accepted my SR .... but, considering that your case is also for CC .... even though your PD is not current, they should accept your SR !

By the way, which # do you call to open a SR? 1-800-375-5283? When I call that # and go through the sequence of selections for POJ, sometimes I get hold of an IO at NSC and sometimes my call gets routed to the main customer care center ..... I presume I need to get hold of someone at the main center in order to open a SR .... but whenever I've talked to someone either at NSC or at the main center, I've always been told that the FBI name check memo was released in Feb '08 and so they are processing a huge backlog and I should check back if I don't see any updates on my case till mid-September .... basically, they don't entertain my calls at all !

So ... is there any other way to open a SR? Even I'm getting nervous with the fact that I have no LUDs since 3/28/07 now, while people with much later RDs than mine are getting approved !!!!!

call 1800-375-5283 extn 1,2,2,6,3,4 for National Customer Service . Got this from Trackitt on some discussions. This I remember is the same thing they tell me when i call the POJ method to TSC. This is were I set up the service request. Normally they will not take a service request if you had intiated on with in the last 6 months. I had a wierd experience the last time i had initiated one. I had 2 responses - one claiming the regular pending security check and the other claiming my card was lost in the mail and i had to file a I90. My lawyer went to the infopass to confirm that the second one was incorrect(unfortunately). I used this as a pretext to initiate another before the wait time period.

I then told her the cross-chargeability thing and she accepted my SR .... but, considering that your case is also for CC .... even though your PD is not current, they should accept your SR !

That would be under the assumption they actually know what xcharged is. I tried explaining to her what that means but she would not hear any of it and just said that though she does not know what that is she would try to initiate the request. I did notice she let the computer decide whether she could or not. She made me wait a bit and then said "ok the system took it".

That would be under the assumption they actually know what xcharged is. I tried explaining to her what that means but she would not hear any of it and just said that though she does not know what that is she would try to initiate the request. I did notice she let the computer decide whether she could or not. She made me wait a bit and then said "ok the system took it".
Hi MMU,

Thanks for the process of initiating a SR.

I would recommend you try calling them again and see if you can get hold of someone who knows what CC is .... "the system took it" ???? Isn't that ridiculous ??? I wish the system would just do everything, streamline and speed up the entire process !!!

umass,

Some interesting...

http://www.trackitt.com/discussion-forums/i485-1/109645991/

I am so close to doing something like this. I guess I will wait it out to recieve the reply to the CSR and the FOIA letters. Only worry I have is the repurcussions I might have to face beacuse of my wife's status. They will not like me suing them and might just reject my wife's GC. On the other hand they might reject it any ways so I might as well be prepared for a court case. Atleast the threat of WOM will approve my GC and then I can go on to the next step.

umass,

Some interesting...

http://www.trackitt.com/discussion-forums/i485-1/109645991/

I am so close to doing something like this. I guess I will wait it out to recieve the reply to the CSR and the FOIA letters. Only worry I have is the repurcussions I might have to face beacuse of my wife's status. They will not like me suing them and might just reject my wife's GC. On the other hand they might reject it any ways so I might as well be prepared for a court case. Atleast the threat of WOM will approve my GC and then I can go on to the next step.
Hi MMU:

You might find this link useful:

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_numand.html

Basically, I asked my lawyer about this just over a week ago, and she said "Mandamus suits should no longer be necessary" because of the revised FBI name check memo. I'm not sure if I should interpret it as she doesn't want to do it for me, or if she just wanted to make a point.

Hi MMU,

I was trying to call the National Customer Service center using the sequence of selections you recommended, but that didn't work ..... so anyway, I decided to proceed with the POJ to get hold of someone at NSC and talked to a lady .... I told her that I was calling for my pending I-485 and the first thing she said was that this number was not for 'status check' calls .... but then she went on to ask me my case receipt number, verified my address and then told me that my case is "pending security checks" and that "biometrics were done". I said there was a revised FBI name check memo that if NC isnt cleared and 485 is pending for > 180 days, USCIS would go ahead and process such cases .... to that, she said "what was the memo again? I'm sorry I'm still new so please bear with me, I don't know all the rules and information yet" .... so I went on to explain to her that my I-485 is pending since 2/14/07, which is > 180 days, and FBI NC clearance is no longer a necessity for USCIS to approve pending 485 cases, if the FBI NC is the only thing holding it .... so she took a minute and then said "yes, I see that your case is pending for more than 180 days, so I will go ahead and move your case to a shelf where someone will review it. Ok? Is there anything else?" ... and that basically ended my call, but I don't know now what the "review shelf" concept is all about ....

Isn't it amazing how my case was still flagged as "pending security checks" though !

umass
Haven't not heard from you in some time.
In the last week i have started a SR and went to infopass
I did notice many approvals from very close to my notice date (as in on the day).
No greenery to claim yet.

No Light at the end of the tunnel

After 4 years of Labor cert process, and now 1 yr of 485 AOS wait, I have yet to see a LUD on my 485 since finger printing back in April 2007. Really, after 5 years I have begun to lose my patience. I though cc would help me but I think its all useless

Sorry, just venting

Hey MMU,

Any updates from your side? Sorry I've been on the road a lot recently, so haven't been visiting this forum as much as I would otherwise.

Anyway, got an opportunity to call NSC today using POJ, and the lady told me "your case has been assigned to an officer, so you should be hearing something very soon". So I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to hear "something" at least in the next few days ....

Does anyone how long it typically takes for an officer to review the case after the case has been assigned to him/her? I guess I'm just trying to get a rough idea on when I should be expecting some status update on my case, based on a worst case scenario that my case was assigned to an officer today afternoon. Thanks in advance for the information.

Hey MMU,

Any updates from your side? Sorry I've been on the road a lot recently, so haven't been visiting this forum as much as I would otherwise.

Anyway, got an opportunity to call NSC today using POJ, and the lady told me "your case has been assigned to an officer, so you should be hearing something very soon". So I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to hear "something" at least in the next few days ....

Does anyone how long it typically takes for an officer to review the case after the case has been assigned to him/her? I guess I'm just trying to get a rough idea on when I should be expecting some status update on my case, based on a worst case scenario that my case was assigned to an officer today afternoon. Thanks in advance for the information.
Thats good news umass. Things have suddenly quitened down. All the March 10th hype has died down. A lot of india EB2 approvals mainly from TSC. I have noticed that last few weeks atleast at TSC they come back and visit a few RDs from early 2007. Dec 2006 to April 2007. Its been pretty consistent in that. Again there are still quite a few early 2007 I-485s still waiting. I am still not sure if they are considering me as cross charged or is it because of my wife's status complication. I feel sometimes even getting a early rejection will be ok so we can get on to the next stage sooner. I have been convincing myself that they did not reject us on our RFE reply. I think that is a bright spot if i am reading it correct. At that point they could have rejected us or forwarded it to the national benefits center for an interview. That they did not do so maybe good. Yet again I am still here waiting for the approval. Another thing to note is next month it would not matter whether they are considering me xcharged or not.. India EB2 is current up until April 2007. On the one hand I am upset that i have really not taken advantage of the xcharge but at they same time at least my application will be fair game either ways. Just wait and see what happens. Sorry if this more than what you want to know. I guess just venting. Hope the IO was giving you the right info and good things are to come pretty soon for you here.

Thats good news umass. Things have suddenly quitened down. All the March 10th hype has died down. A lot of india EB2 approvals mainly from TSC. I have noticed that last few weeks atleast at TSC they come back and visit a few RDs from early 2007. Dec 2006 to April 2007. Its been pretty consistent in that. Again there are still quite a few early 2007 I-485s still waiting. I am still not sure if they are considering me as cross charged or is it because of my wife's status complication. I feel sometimes even getting a early rejection will be ok so we can get on to the next stage sooner. I have been convincing myself that they did not reject us on our RFE reply. I think that is a bright spot if i am reading it correct. At that point they could have rejected us or forwarded it to the national benefits center for an interview. That they did not do so maybe good. Yet again I am still here waiting for the approval. Another thing to note is next month it would not matter whether they are considering me xcharged or not.. India EB2 is current up until April 2007. On the one hand I am upset that i have really not taken advantage of the xcharge but at they same time at least my application will be fair game either ways. Just wait and see what happens. Sorry if this more than what you want to know. I guess just venting. Hope the IO was giving you the right info and good things are to come pretty soon for you here.
Hey there, your typo rose my hopes for a minute buddy .... you said "India EB2 is current up until April 2007" .... I think you meant April 2004. My PD is 11/06, so when you indicated April 2007, I thought that I need not worry about the CC part either ..... oh well, looks like I need to depend on CC for the time being ..... anyways, so yeah .... my case has been assigned to an officer is what I was told ... so let's see how long it takes now till I see some status change .... even if its a reject or an RFE ..... I'm looking forward to at least something, so I can move on to the next stage, as necessary ..... by the way, any idea how long it typically takes after a case has been assigned to an officer? 30-45 days I presume?

Hey there, your typo rose my hopes for a minute buddy .... you said "India EB2 is current up until April 2007" .... I think you meant April 2004. My PD is 11/06, so when you indicated April 2007, I thought that I need not worry about the CC part either ..... oh well, looks like I need to depend on CC for the time being ..... anyways, so yeah .... my case has been assigned to an officer is what I was told ... so let's see how long it takes now till I see some status change .... even if its a reject or an RFE ..... I'm looking forward to at least something, so I can move on to the next stage, as necessary ..... by the way, any idea how long it typically takes after a case has been assigned to an officer? 30-45 days I presume?
Sorry about that. Yes I meant 2004.. must have been too late in the night. It is the USCIS God forbid they put a hard date against any thing that they will actually stick by. I sure hope you get it in the next 60 days.. thats what i heard talk about in these forums somewhere. Do not quote me on it. Do not hold your breath either. Unless you get the email its still the same black hole. You do not see the light unless you are actually outside. Hope for the best.

Sorry about that. Yes I meant 2004.. must have been too late in the night. It is the USCIS God forbid they put a hard date against any thing that they will actually stick by. I sure hope you get it in the next 60 days.. thats what i heard talk about in these forums somewhere. Do not quote me on it. Do not hold your breath either. Unless you get the email its still the same black hole. You do not see the light unless you are actually outside. Hope for the best.
Oh I agree. Well, thanks for the input anyway, and enjoy the long weekend ahead.

I have made my lawyer 2 separate comunications. One a letter reminding them that my case is a cross charged case and they should consider it as such and process it. Got a reply in standard format "Contact Customer service". Here is the kicker ... I asked my lawyer to resend the application including all required documents as if we are just now upgrading to cross charged. I got the same standard letter back. How is anyone supposed to upgrade their applicaiton to cross charged now a days. How can they ignore this request? Customer serivice does not even know what "Cross charged" is.

My lawyer had contacted the senator's office a few days ago, and here's what they heard back from NSC:

"Today I sent the I485 referenced below to an I485 Supervisory Adjudications Officer (SAO) so that I485 can be assigned to an officer for adjudication. Please allow that SAO up two weeks from tomorrow, May 19, 2008 to take action on that application. Please check with us again in 30 days and we'll check the progress of the case..."

I don't know what to make of it. It's already been 1.5 weeks, and my LUD remains at 3/28/2007.

I got green cards for me and my wife on Friday...:)
EB2, RD is 9/11/2007 filed using cross - chargeability with my wife's country and got RFE on April... Approved after one week of submission for evidence....

one question, what do I need to bring to come back U.S. if I go out for traveling? Just green card and passport? Do I need to bring the notice with me?

Dedo and a15648 ,
For whatever its worth please give me more details of your case PD etc. Also do you know if you CC was used or if you know if they are using CC for you guys? Would be of great help. How did you guys show that your cases are to be CCed.