Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

A glimmer of hope, a light in the horizon.

Umass if I am correct you have never had a RFE before this..
Hi MMU,

I've never had a RFE. My LUD changed from 3/28/07 to 6/10/08 yesterday (soft LUD). Yesterday, my wife's LUD also changed from 3/28/07 to 6/10/08, along with an RFE.

Cards Mailed!!!

Finally got the last of 3 emails this morning. The cards have been mailed. I assume I will have them in hand by early next week

FYI guys. Got the cards after 6 days of approval emails. Keep the hope alive guys. It will happen after a while! After 5+ years it happened to me and I tried not to think about it every day...its torture otherwise. Work hard and hope for the best!

umass,
Finally got an IO to talk to me. She said my NC was cleared. Not sure how it impacts my current situation. If the IO was correct I guess its one thing out of the way. I will keep this forum posted.

I have also
initiated FOIA with FBI and USCIS
requested Ombudsman to take action
requested 2 local US senators to look into my application

umass,
Finally got an IO to talk to me. She said my NC was cleared. Not sure how it impacts my current situation. If the IO was correct I guess its one thing out of the way. I will keep this forum posted.

I have also
initiated FOIA with FBI and USCIS
requested Ombudsman to take action
requested 2 local US senators to look into my application
Good luck buddy. I hope things change for the better with the NC clearance. I've heard Ombudsman requests have been fairly useless recently, but depending on how responsive your senator's office is, that could actually be beneficial. I hope you get your cards soon :)

FYI guys. Got the cards after 6 days of approval emails. Keep the hope alive guys. It will happen after a while! After 5+ years it happened to me and I tried not to think about it every day...its torture otherwise. Work hard and hope for the best!
Dedo,

Congrats! So is your case approved using CC?

Hi MMU,

I've never had a RFE. My LUD changed from 3/28/07 to 6/10/08 yesterday (soft LUD). Yesterday, my wife's LUD also changed from 3/28/07 to 6/10/08, along with an RFE.
Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Is there any way to confirm that my case is being considered under CC? Did you have to do anything other than cover letter along with wife's I-485 to USCIS?

----
PERM Mar 2007
I 140 approved in June, 2007
I-485 RD: Sep, 13, 2007
EAD, AP approved
FP : Nov, 2007
Name check pending for > 180 days
Wife's I-485 RD: Jan 15th, 2008
Wife's EAD, AP approved
Wife's FP: Feb, 2008.
Wife's Name Check Cleared by April 15th, 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you be more explicit how you checked... maybe the url or discussion link? I have been trying to figure that out and have not been successful yet. I asked an IO using POJ method and she said the country ont he application is India. I said it was cced thru my wife. So she said she would forward my case number along with my wife's (to where i am not sure). I have been faxing TSC once every week for the last 5 weeks. I have letters to senators and also FOIA requests. These are just taking too long. Recently I found out my NC is cleared. I have got confirmation on that from a different IO on a different day. Not sure what else to do.

Could you be more explicit how you checked... maybe the url or discussion link? I have been trying to figure that out and have not been successful yet. I asked an IO using POJ method and she said the country ont he application is India. I said it was cced thru my wife. So she said she would forward my case number along with my wife's (to where i am not sure). I have been faxing TSC once every week for the last 5 weeks. I have letters to senators and also FOIA requests. These are just taking too long. Recently I found out my NC is cleared. I have got confirmation on that from a different IO on a different day. Not sure what else to do.

That's it...i used the POJ method and they told me it was a cc (and also confirmed that based on cc i am current). Honestly I think that we who applied during 2001-2004 got pretty screwed in the process and i think they are trying hard to get us out the door. MY PD was 1 year before yours and my attorneys always advised me to NEVER do what many are suggesting on these boards. I think that its really a luck of the draw. there is no predicting when it will happen...just wait it out. Good luck

Was it you or your wife with the non retrogressed country?

The reason I ask is as you have done I filed in March 2007. So they accepted my application to prove that they used CC to accept it. But when I asked the IO she said the country of chargeability as India? So I am not sure now. I know many who wanted to get processed CC were not and they did not figure out it until late.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it you or your wife with the non retrogressed country?

The reason I ask is as you have done I filed in March 2007. So they accepted my application to prove that they used CC to accept it. But when I asked the IO she said the country of chargeability as India? So I am not sure now. I know many who wanted to get processed CC were not and they did not figure out it until late.

My wife is from the non-retrogressed country

I am green!

I got the magic email last night. Just want share the good news with everyone here. I requested CC in March, but I never got any response from USCS. I think the CC made my case approved.

I 140 approved in July, 2007
I-485 RD: 11, 1, 2006
Name check: cleared
PD: 3/25/2005