Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Yes, you will see an approval within the next few days (and I am sure its already showing approved online). The EAD is seperate and in my expereince will lag the AP by 2-3 weeks. Yes the fingerprinting LUDs are reported right away, and some folks even get another one the day after (maybe thats the results of the FP)

I got second LUD next day. Wish that may be for name clearance.

When worldwide date moved back in May, I requested to approve my case using CC. I haven't got any feedback from USCIS yet. At the same time, my India PD became current in June. Nothing happened this time too. When I called them 4 times in June, they said that my case is waiting for an officer to review. At least will they consider my case again using CC?

PD: 09/2002
ND: 10/2003
EB3 India
4 EAD/4AP
5 FP

I have couple of things to report -

- Both mine and my wife's 2nd AP's got approved yesterday. Waiting up on the EAD's. Signature updated.

- I got a reply from the FBI in response to the letter that I had sent to the first lady. I did not turn out to be one of the lucky ones. The letter mentions that it is "in process" and it says that although there is no timeline that can be given, but it will done as quickly as possible !!

- One person on the TSC forum reported an approval as of y'day (july 5th). That could indicate the theory that visa numbers have been assigned to pending cases. Else, how would anyone get approved in July if the visa number is not available!!!

I have couple of things to report -

- Both mine and my wife's 2nd AP's got approved yesterday. Waiting up on the EAD's. Signature updated.

- I got a reply from the FBI in response to the letter that I had sent to the first lady. I did not turn out to be one of the lucky ones. The letter mentions that it is "in process" and it says that although there is no timeline that can be given, but it will done as quickly as possible !!

- One person on the TSC forum reported an approval as of y'day (july 5th). That could indicate the theory that visa numbers have been assigned to pending cases. Else, how would anyone get approved in July if the visa number is not available!!!

Navneet, congratulations on the AP approvals. No worries about the in process response. I got the same response and I hadn't attached an FOIPA. Give it a month and verify your name check status via an Infopass or by POJ and I can pretty much assure you that you'd be in the clear.

The new retrogression in the news, does it effect us "cross-chargeability" folks?
:confused:

Unfortunately yes. It affects all employment-based categories across the length and breadth of the spectrum. AOS cases cannot be adjudicated until the new visa quota is released in October of 2007. There are strong indications that pending 485 cases have already been assigned a visa number, but these are simply rumors and there has been nothing substantial to prove it, one way or the other. The folks who've been seeing approvals over the past couple of days are most likely individuals whose cases were already with an adjudicating immigration officer. Usually visa numbers are allocated to AOS applications when the green card is approved, but again, the rumors seem to indicate that USCIS requested visa numbers from the Dept of State for all AOS applications that had been pending for over 6 months...again....I haven't seen anything to prove that one way or another. If I see an approval between now and October, I'd consider it a bonus, but most likely we should all expect approvals starting October and not sooner.

Navneet, congratulations on the AP approvals. No worries about the in process response. I got the same response and I hadn't attached an FOIPA. Give it a month and verify your name check status via an Infopass or by POJ and I can pretty much assure you that you'd be in the clear.

Thanks KS. I am hoping the same too that it should clear in a month or so. I had attached the FOIPA as well and the letter from the FBI gave explaination of FOIPA checking the "main files" etc and the Name check actually has to check the reference file.. yada yada..

The only thing I was glad about was atleast the file is not rotting somewhere.. someone actually got the file out and had a look!

Thanks KS. I am hoping the same too that it should clear in a month or so. I had attached the FOIPA as well and the letter from the FBI gave explaination of FOIPA checking the "main files" etc and the Name check actually has to check the reference file.. yada yada..

The only thing I was glad about was atleast the file is not rotting somewhere.. someone actually got the file out and had a look!

That's good news - let's hope your check clears soon, like ks' did.

ks..

Isnt it time for ur biometrics yet? I have one scheduled this wk..

Over

Hey over,
Yes...unfortunately, yes...I haven't received the notices yet. My current set go through till July 23 I believe (April 23 2006 - July 23 2007 I am guessing). I am planning on calling TSC tomorrow. Between the transfer mess, I want to ensure they don't miss it. When did you do your first set?

Thanks
k

Hey over,
Yes...unfortunately, yes...I haven't received the notices yet. My current set go through till July 23 I believe (April 23 2006 - July 23 2007 I am guessing). I am planning on calling TSC tomorrow. Between the transfer mess, I want to ensure they don't miss it. When did you do your first set?

Thanks
k

I got my first one done apr 5 2006.. My app got transferred to NSC from VSC.. Is this supposed to be an automated process when the appln is past the 15 mth?

overboard...did your app get transferred from vsc to nsc or did it get transferred
back from nsc to vsc? VSC 2 NSC is the trend

overboard...did your app get transferred from vsc to nsc or did it get transferred
back from nsc to vsc? VSC 2 NSC is the trend

vsc 2 nsc...

I filed an ammendment on my 140 at NSC (which by the way is still pending for 9 mths). As a result(am guessing) they relocated my 485 to hang out with 140 at NSC.

Approved !!!!

I just got the magic email -only on my case....Just cant believe it..yet

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On July 9, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

On July 9, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

That's AWESEOME db !! Good stuff !!

Wow, awesome news!! Heartiest congratulations dbins!

Even though NSC dates still say Sept 26, 2006 and your RD was Jan 07 it looks like yours got approved. That's encouraging!

Dbins!!!!!!!!

Hahahahaha....WAY TO GO MAN!

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. Forgive all the caps, but this is just absolutely great. Congratulations. Your wife's approval should be forthcoming verrry shortly. I am so glad that you're out of this dude. I know the sheer anxiety you went through when you had to refile and this is just great.

First CC approval in a while (that we know of anyway).

CONGRATULATIONS BUD!!!!!

Congrats dbins. Thats great news. At least someone with CC is getting approval after a while.
That just goes on to say...do not beleive the processing dates posted on the website...

Thank you all..am just very relieved and waiting for the actual card to arrive
to put an closure to this process. Except for a very few minority,most
of us go through a lot during this entire process , I did have my share of worries too...If it was not for this portal and Radd who started this thread I never would have know about CC..2 years back..CC is quite wellknown nowadays
Hang in there...dont lose out on hopes.and be persistant in following up
I was in fact preparing to Send out the FIOPA letter etc...and scheduling the Infopass when the RFE for the I-94 card come thru and I guess I was just plain lucky that once the RFE was received it was processed faster or maybe
the rush to clear out the Visa numbers too was underway when my RFE is recieved...Thnx once again..