Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Hope my theory of dual LUD updates after FP being linked to Name Check clearance is true. You would be through then. Good Luck!

Hey WW,

At least your wife got her NC cleared! That's great! I hope yours happens soon too.

I hope your two LUD theory implying NC clear is correct buddy. My FP was on 05/11, and both me and my spouse had LUDs on 05/11 and 05/14 (see my sig). I'm not trying to get my hopes up, but if the 05/14 ones correspond to name check, I'll be very pleased. Will try to find out with an Infopass appt. soon!

KS,

LOL @ you and your GC needing privacy. I can just imagine you two. Actually I take that back. I CAN'T imagine you and a GC doing anything like that!! :D

If this news proves to be true next week, I feel really sorry for the multitude of applicants whose hopes were taken for a royal roller-coaster ride.

With regards to the visa numbers being "Unavailable", I do not think that it would happen for the "Worldwide" numbers. I think, the India/China and possibly Mexico/Phillipines may get retrogressed.

Wow! What a mess!

And there it is.

http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_062907.html

I'm just rendered completely speechless. This is the United States of America, land of the free, home of the brave. Its not a catchy bumper sticker slogan. Its a land made by immigrants, both legal and I begrudgingly admit, illegal.
This is arguably the greatest nation that ever was, from liberating the world during WW-II, to setting the world on a progressive path by accruing the brightest minds in the world and making immense technological strides. The airplane...made here....the automobile...here....the internet...here...

And these people FUBAR a goddamn visa quota allocation. Shame on them.

And there it is.

http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_062907.html

I'm just rendered completely speechless. This is the United States of America, land of the free, home of the brave. Its not a catchy bumper sticker slogan. Its a land made by immigrants, both legal and I begrudgingly admit, illegal.
This is arguably the greatest nation that ever was, from liberating the world during WW-II, to setting the world on a progressive path by accruing the brightest minds in the world and making immense technological strides. The airplane...made here....the automobile...here....the internet...here...

And these people FUBAR a goddamn visa quota allocation. Shame on them.

Ks, does it mean as CC filers, we might still be ok, i.e. back to where things were prior to June, not being current by our own countries of birth, but gettings visa numbers through our better halves? Or do they expect ROW categories to be "unavailable" too?

I guess the next week will tell.

ks_cc and GCLIKEE

Thanks for your responses. You were spot on and I got an approval email yersterday

Now the wait begins for the final element...the 485. And who know how long that will take :(

Visa number status

Hi Ks_cc and others,

I had predictions on visa numbers being U a while ago right?(check out this thread a couple of pages back)
And because all visa categories are current, this was expected, but not so soon. This must be an error.

The logical thing would have been after the deluge of new 485s in July, the remainder of the visa numbers would have got used and thus all categories would be U(in the visa bulletins of Aug, Sept, Oct). But this looks like some kind of error similar to the one for processing dates.

It looks like USCIS has impl some s/w without doing any QA. :(

About ROW EB2 becoming U - we can just pray.

My 2 cents.
-Still

Last edited by a moderator:
Ks, does it mean as CC filers, we might still be ok, i.e. back to where things were prior to June, not being current by our own countries of birth, but gettings visa numbers through our better halves? Or do they expect ROW categories to be "unavailable" too?

I guess the next week will tell.

Hey Prez,
The folks at murthy are the ones who suggested that retrogression may be limited to the usual suspects; EBs 2 and 3 for India, China, Philippines, and Mexico. The AILA however went so far as to state that all EB categories could go "U", so at this point, don't really know whom to go with. If ROW is untouched, its back to status quo for us as ROW-ers; but if ROW retros with ICMP, then we're subject to retrogression which we havent experienced before. On the positive note, ROW visa quotas might be back to C well before others...so theres that saving grace..but the fear is the fear of the unknown.

Hi Ks_cc and others,

I had predictions on visa numbers being U a while ago right?(check out this thread a couple of pages back)
And because all visa categories are current, this was expected, but not so soon. This must be an error.

The logical thing would have been after the deluge of new 485s in July, the remainder of the visa numbers would have got used and thus all categories would be U(in the visa bulletins of Aug, Sept, Oct). But this looks like some kind of error similar to the one for processing dates.

It looks like USCIS has impl some s/w without doing any QA. :(

About ROW EB2 becoming U - we can just pray.

My 2 cents.
-Still
Hi Still
Yup, we can only pray that ROW does not go U. That would suck major @$$ at this point. Regardless, there was also some talk about how AOS applications already in the pipeline have already been designated a visa number...and if the application is withdrawn/denied/etc, the number becomes available again. Dont know how true this is. SO theoretically all of us have a number assigned to us and dont need to worry...rumors rumors

Hi Still
Yup, we can only pray that ROW does not go U. That would suck major @$$ at this point. Regardless, there was also some talk about how AOS applications already in the pipeline have already been designated a visa number...and if the application is withdrawn/denied/etc, the number becomes available again. Dont know how true this is. SO theoretically all of us have a number assigned to us and dont need to worry...rumors rumors

Thats one rumor that I hope is true!

CC goes by country of Birth or citizenship?

Firstly, with USCIS messing up with all of us, be it the news on June 13 or June 29, I would wish good luck to all.

Like more than 60,000 thousand people, I was getting ready to file the 140/485 next week, I guess not now.

Given the experience of all of you experts, I have a simple problem. My wife is born in Bahrain, but is a citizen of India. I hae been asking friends and lawyers and have been searching for a clearer answer. Does CC go by birth or citizenship? Given what's going on, can I apply still concurrently based on CC or am I screwed?

Her parents were in Bahrain for 20 years on wrok, but just like all other middle-eastern countries, Bahrain does not give citizenship by birth, so she is an India citizen.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DS2461 (in dillema)

Last edited by a moderator:
You are eligible to file under CC. Its the country of birth that matters and not country of citizenship.

Firstly, with USCIS messing up with all of us, be it the news on June 13 or June 29, I would wish good luck to all.

Like more than 60,000 thousand people, I was getting ready to file the 140/485 next week, I guess not now.

Given the experience of all of you experts, I have a simple problem. My wife is born in Bahrain, but is a citizen of India. I hae been asking friends and lawyers and have been searching for a clearer answer. Does CC go by birth or citizenship? Given what's going on, can I apply still concurrently based on CC or am I screwed?

Her parents were in Bahrain for 20 years on wrok, but just like all other middle-eastern countries, Bahrain does not give citizenship by birth, so she is an India citizen.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DS2461 (in dillema)

Thanks very much Zep. This does bring me relief. Is there a govt document that I can show to my lawyer. Just like all our lawyers, she is conservative in giving out information too. Thanks, D.

Thanks very much Zep. This does bring me relief. Is there a govt document that I can show to my lawyer. Just like all our lawyers, she is conservative in giving out information too. Thanks, D.

Just a birth certificate from Bahrain should be enough.

ds2461,
Welcome to the CC thread. Like Zeppelin and Prez stated, you're a perfect CC applicant. Country of chargeability goes by country of nativity, that is, the country of one's birth and not country of citizenship.
Educating your attorney might require some investment of time and efforts on your part. When I started CC back in early 2006, a substantial amount of my time was expended in researching CC, consolidating documentation on the same and presenting it to my attorneys. Since immigration law is so vast, at the time, CC was not quite as well known or accepted as I believe it has since gotten due to retrogression. CC as a process was in its infancy, and even today its relatively unknown and therefore you do need to do some legwork yourself.
Its vast and intimidating, but it would behoove you to skim through this thread. I believe we've accrued a wealth of information here over the past several months. There is a PDF version of the CC form which quite honestly, a lot of us did not know existed, somewhere back on this forum, but thats not as consequential as adhering to the format that WellWisher had conformed to when sending in his AOS CC packet. A link to the same was posted a couple of pages ago, I don't have it handy right now, but I am sure you can chase it down, but if not, I am sure someone here would oblige.
A word of advice is that ensure your application is clearly demarcated as a CC application so that it gets the attention of the mailroom processors at the service center, who go by their script and are known to return AOS packets if they believe that your visa dates are not current. It happened to me and was accepted on the second go around; a few others were unlucky enough to have tried three or four times before the packet was finally accepted...after having addressed it to the mailroom supervisor. So just mentally prepare yourself for it. I believe of late the service center processors are more tuned in to CC and this has lessened in prevalence, but just keep that in the back of your mind.
Finally, welcome aboard and we'd be more than happy to help you along your journey!
Best regards,
k

ks_cc and GCLIKEE

Thanks for your responses. You were spot on and I got an approval email yersterday

Now the wait begins for the final element...the 485. And who know how long that will take :(

Dedo, way cool dude. Now that the 140 is out of the way, the adjudication of the 485 can proceed. Nice going!

If this news proves to be true next week, I feel really sorry for the multitude of applicants whose hopes were taken for a royal roller-coaster ride.

With regards to the visa numbers being "Unavailable", I do not think that it would happen for the "Worldwide" numbers. I think, the India/China and possibly Mexico/Phillipines may get retrogressed.

Wow! What a mess!

Hey guys, word on the street is that the AILF (the legal arm of the AILA) is considering filing suit against the CIS and I guess the State Dept over this rumored visa bulletin revision mess. And so it begins.
The hope is that, like prez said, we as CC-ers might be ok in that we'd be back to where we were a couple of weeks ago, in the non-retro-ed ROW category. While its a terrible situation for folks who haven't had the chance to file for AOS yet, I think we might be ok, but the unknown is the ominous wording in the AILA release which does not really pinpoint which categories, but rather paints it in a broad brushstroke about EB becoming U. Murthy's site transcribed it to hypothesize India/China and the usual suspects. Next week's looking to be pretty darn interesting. I cannot imagine what the EB3 folks filed in 2003/2004 and haven't been approved yet while a ton of their peers got approved in the last week when the NSC and TSC went gangbusters are going through right now. Guess this is what pins and needles feels like....

Thanks veru much Zep, Ks , Prez n all of you guys. I wish well to all the people struggling in this nasty immigration business. Hope USCIS starts behaving themselves, someday.

Would spouse be covered in my Infopass appointment?

Guys,

As part of my pro-active action, I am planning to take an Infopass and head down to the local USCIS office to inquire about my name check.

Does anyone know if I have to book a separate appointment for myself and my spouse or would she be covered in my Infopass appointment if I specify the numbers of persons as 2?

Guys,

As part of my pro-active action, I am planning to take an Infopass and head down to the local USCIS office to inquire about my name check.

Does anyone know if I have to book a separate appointment for myself and my spouse or would she be covered in my Infopass appointment if I specify the numbers of persons as 2?

Endeavour, if she's going with you, then specify number of persons as 2. In my case, I've never taken my wife along for any Infopass appointments, and always inquired on her behalf by furnishing her 485 receipt. I've never had any issue with it, nor did the IO (I had the same guy three times) ever state that she needed to be there for inquiries on her case. I suspect though this might vary from ASC to ASC. I've only dealt with the ASC in Manchester NH, the most laid back United States bureaucratic entity on Earth...where you leave for home about 1/2 hr before your appt start time...so you get the idea.
I'd suggest taking her along, specify the number of persons as 2, and take supporting documentation for both of you.

LUD's

More LUD changes on my 485 without any mesg change since RFE response was recieved. 06/27,28,& 30th.///