Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Hi Puneet_gcard,

In my case mine and my wife's FP notices were received by my attorney on the same day.

Our original date was 11/20/02 in Detroit. Since we are on business in Minniapolis, MN, we got the FP done at St. Paul INS ASC. They have not accepted our passports for ID purpose. We had to show our respective drivers licences for this purpose. They said a state ID would also work for this purpose.

It just takes less than an hour to get a state ID. It is really worth having a US state govt. issued ID.

Good Luck

Originally posted by puneet_gcard
Thank you so much for all your responses. I was beginning to get little concerned as to why I never got the FP notice. As you guys are saying I will wait and should hopefully get the FP notice again.

On another note: Does anyone know if they will accept the Passport for FP . I read in some thread before that they dont accept passports. But on my wife's notice it says that passports are accepted.

The reason why I am asking is because my wife doesnt have a driver's license or a state id card.

Thanks !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You so much for giving me your opinions. I was probably not going to bother getting a stateid. But after hearing the response from SachDev I think it would be safer to get the state id card.

We have a library card also as a photo id but I am not sure if that would work as a second form of id for FP.

Regards to All !!!

HI guys,

sorry to jump into this thread.
First thanks for doing this wonderfull job
I have just filed my I 140 /I 485 concurently, so I think it is time to join the club.
This was filed on NSC RD: 31-10-2002.
but I have few questions.
my lawyer did not file EAD and AP but he says with the recipt
of I 485 filing we can apply for EAD and AP from loacl INS office (in this case it is in missourie state).and we can get thet in single day.
Is that realy that easy?. Then why not every one is doing this?.

Thanks for your time.

:confused:

To apply EAD from your local INS, you need to have your I-140 approved before your can do that. While your I-140 is pending, you need to apply from NSC in your case. If you can get EAD in one day from your local INS, it is worth of waiting for I-140 approval, because now a days, the processing of I-140 is rather fast.

Hope this helps.

Lao-Yi

Originally posted by good_4all
HI guys,

sorry to jump into this thread.
First thanks for doing this wonderfull job
I have just filed my I 140 /I 485 concurently, so I think it is time to join the club.
This was filed on NSC RD: 31-10-2002.
but I have few questions.
my lawyer did not file EAD and AP but he says with the recipt
of I 485 filing we can apply for EAD and AP from loacl INS office (in this case it is in missourie state).and we can get thet in single day.
Is that realy that easy?. Then why not every one is doing this?.

Thanks for your time.

:confused:

Welcome

Welcome good_4all to this group.

Make sure with your lawer. he might not know that it is not possible to obtain EAD/AP without I140 approval. Also, I support the idea to apply at for EAD/AP at service center as the way service cener is approving EAD/AP after one week or so of I140 approval.

The reason I am not liking to apply at local INS is
Anytime they change their startegy. Like Minnesota what has e bigger loacal INS and serve three four states is going to close isssuing any EAD/AP since january first whose case is pending at Service center. There is no explanation for this.

How do you think, your loal INS wont do that in near future.

Hope this helps. take it easy.

For Punnet_Gcard

Puneet INS support center requires two id's if you are showing your passport but you can even show ur home country licence or any picture id for your wife( My wife did the same ) also as u mentioned that ur wife dont have the state id yet, be advised that she needs a SS No to get the State id, so if she doesnt have the SS No dont waste ur time, if she has a SS No then u can go ahead get a State id ( even though it is not required )

Just ur choice Have fun

Thanks mmggdd !! Actually my wife does have a SSN number so we will go for a State ID card. She also has a Library card as a photo id and a school id card. So I think we should we OK.

I called my attorney yesterday and they told me that passport should work ok. However it is good to go by people's experiences and that is why I asked the question.

1) My attorney also told me to wait for about a week for the FP notice. If it still doesnt reach me then I should contact my attorney's office again and they will do something about it. I didnt get the notice yesterday in the Mail also so lets hope I get it soon ??

2) Secondly : How many times should one check the status of a case online and also via AVM. I am doing it once a day on both. I hope this doesnt have any negative impact on the processing of my case ???

Thanks !!

Hi all,
u guys r doing wonderful job helping each other. My lawyer sent my I-485/EAD/AP applications to NSC on 9/13/02, so far we haven't get receipt notices for any of those apps.
I did check with my bank, checks haven't been cleared yet.
I have been talking to my lawyer and INS, they r asking me to be patient. Can anybody suggest what should i do now. is there anybody on the same boat?.
when is the RD going to be, is that the date they received r is that the date they open the app?.
Thanks in advance.

Hi vicky567

welcome to this forum. Your RD will be the date the INS received your I140/I485 application. The same RD will she shown on your receipt.

Good luck.

Regards

RE: Puneet_Gcard

Hey puneet
here are the answers for your question

1) It appears that you had filed ur I-485 with the G-28 documents ( Attorney repesentation ) that means for every documents you receive ur lawyer will receive a copy too, since ur Attorney has not received any document till now I will say that you dont have to worry about it. ( Even though most of the people get there finger print notice on the same date as their spouse but thats not a rule, see ur wife and your application are entirely different and the processing time may differ for u and ur wife )

2) You can check the Status on the AVM and online as many times you want it won't make any negative effect on ur case ( This status inquiry doesnt get loged any where so no effect )

Have fun
mgd

Hi mmggdd,

I aggree with you that calling AVm or Checking the case status online does not slow your process.

But what about calling the INS and talking to the IIO does that get recorder or entered along with our case, will that slow our processing?

Regards

RE: m2002

HEY M2002

Lot of people say that dont call INS and talk to IIO because it might delay your process, Talking from my personal experience i didnt had any such problem, my I-140 was applied on May 7th 2002 and as you may recall that the people how applied that time it took them 4-5 months for the approval , I called the INS 3-4 times for my I-140 and my I-140 was approved in sepetmber w/o any RFE, Also i had called INS so may times for the I-485 receipts ( which i got in 3 weeks time ) and till now my EAD,AP are approved and also i have done the FP too. So no negative impact but this is strictly my personal experience but i havent seen any guy whose case was delayed because he or she called INS.

I hope i answered ur question

Have fun
MGD

Thanks mmggdd and m2002 for your input to my questions !!

Once again I have to say that this is am excellent thread and I encourage everyone not to be a silent observer but to participate and share your personal experiences with others.

Regards to All !!

Puneet

Funny :)

Why you guys are thinking calling INS or Checking online status will slow down your process. It does not make any sense to me.
If you need assistance, you offocurse will call. You are not calling them just to make fun, right?? You are not even asking any stupid question either.

Anyway, I would call when I need to call, I will check message when I need to check.

Re: Vicky567

Hey Vicky

I will suggest you call INS and also ur attorney since it has been 8 weeks for you now, and it should not take more than 6 weeks to get the receipt ( Ask ur attorney for the FEDEX or UPS receipts so u can know when did ur attorney actually send the papers ) Also check if your original LCA certificate was attached with the I-485/ I-140 documents( The reason i said that was beacuase one of the person Dolly75 in this forum documents were send back beacuse she didnt had the LCA attached with the I-140/I-485).

Have fun
Rahul

I 485 receipts

Hi ,
I got the receipts for I-485.
Details:

I-140
RD:9/11/2002
RFE Date : 11/06/2002

I485/EAD/AP:
RD October 4 th 2002
ND: November 7 2002

Category: EB2/ Non-RIR

Please update the tracker. Also I dont know what is the I-140 RFE about yet.

Thanks!
Kumar

Re: I 485 receipts

Hi Rahul and M2002, thanks for ur suggestions.
Hi Kumar when did u send ur I-485/EAD applications.
Thanks.

VICKY

I applied for I 485 on sep 10th and got reciept on nov1st or 2nd i think so sometimes it might get delayed but i would start by
tracking mail reciepts, alos i got my fp notices today for dec5th

VICKY

I applied for I 485 on sep 10th and got reciept on nov1st or 2nd i think so sometimes it might get delayed but i would start by
tracking mail reciepts, alos i got my fp notices today for dec5th