Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Vicky 567,

Like MMGGDD said it will be a good idea if you check with your attorney for your receipts ,if you have not done that already,as INS returned my applications twice because my 140 documents didn't include the original labor certification letter(my original one got lost by my lawyer)
.I am now waiting for the third time to see if they accept my applications this time or not (I havesubmitted the appilication for the third time on OCT 23,still waiting to hear from INS) .Fingres crossed.

But do check with your lawyer if he has any information,normally they wonnt disclose unless you will ask them ,it happened with me couple of time already with my attorney.

Good luck

Thanks sahin,Lao_Yi,

I checked today with my attorney and he says that he has fixed an appointment in local INS office to get my EAD/AP on NOV 20 th. he said that I 484 recipt is enough to get EAD and asked me take just my Photo ID (also SSN for me).
This is beyond any logic that I assumed from this Forum. it beats me. only I pray it works.any others had done this before.(That is
getting EAD / AP from local office just with I-485 recipt and I-140
pending?).

WXM SIR, Can you please add me to list:
I-140, I-485 concrunet filing.
RD: 31-10-2002 for both.

Thanks

Anything can happen! Once an I-485 case was approved within 4 days! Wish you good luck and post your experience when you get EAD/AP.

Thanks for your information.

Lao-Yi

Originally posted by good_4all
Thanks sahin,Lao_Yi,

I checked today with my attorney and he says that he has fixed an appointment in local INS office to get my EAD/AP on NOV 20 th. he said that I 484 recipt is enough to get EAD and asked me take just my Photo ID (also SSN for me).
This is beyond any logic that I assumed from this Forum. it beats me. only I pray it works.any others had done this before.(That is
getting EAD / AP from local office just with I-485 recipt and I-140
pending?).

WXM SIR, Can you please add me to list:
I-140, I-485 concrunet filing.
RD: 31-10-2002 for both.

Thanks

Re: wisc_labor_cert

Originally posted by umyal
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by wisc_labor_cert

In another message I saw you talking about applying for labor from Wisconsin. Did you do that? If so how long did it take for you?

Thanks for your response.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yup, I did file it and it went to DOL within 3 weeks. Probably I'll get it approved by Jan-Feb. But now I joined another company which had a substitute labor and filed 140/485 concurrently in Vermont on 10/16/2002.

So even if I get the labor approved, I may not be using it.

Best,

when did you file? Could you let me know the month? I will be filing this week.

taken from murthy.com

Hi guys,

I need your comments on this (taken from murthy.com)
Jurisdiction for Concurrent-Filing Cases

Concurrent filing of the I-140 and the I-485 should be sent to the place having jurisdiction over the I-140. For cases requiring a labor certification, the I-140 must be filed with the region where the labor certification was approved. When the I-140 has been filed and is already pending with the INS, and the concurrent I-485 is filed prior to the I-140 approval, the I-485 must be filed in the locale where the I-140 is pending. In a case with an approved I-140, the I-485 may be filed either where the I-140 was approved or in the place having jurisdiction over the I-140 beneficiary's place of residence.
It looks like some of the service centers takes 6 to 8 months to process 485. Is this way easy to get GC in less time.

Regards

EAD without I140 approval in case of concurrent

I wont be spurised if any INS local Office approve AP/EAD without I140 approval for concurrent filing. There is no rule prohibit local INS giving EAD/AP by receipt notice of I485 only.

This is just the different practice of different INS. I know for sure Minnesota is not giving. This is very frustrating that they practice diffrently even though they are under same umbrella INS:)

Hi sahin

Are you from Minneapolis, or ever worked in Minneapolis

Just curious,

I have noticed, many time you mention about Minneapolis

thindengpho

Yes, I am from Minneapolis, and I work in Minneapolis area. I don't think I mentioned Minneapolis any time in my post, but I did mention Minnesota lot.

Now to answer your question refering Ms. Murthy's statement: I didn't really understand what's your question is.

To summarize her statement

1) If you plan to file concurrently, and your labor is not done or in the process. You must have to file your concurrent application at the region your labor wil be approved.

2) If you have I140 pending, and plan to file I-485 under concurrent law you must have to file at the same service center.

3) If you have I-140 approved, you can file I-485 either where your I140 approved or where your residence is.

To conclude: Concurrent filing is tiding you up to process all steps of your GC at the same region

4) "It looks like some of the service centers takes 6 to 8 months to process 485. Is this way easy to get GC in less time. "

I dont know what you mean by that. But, yes some service centers sometimes approve some cases within that time frames. Nobody got approval on concurrent filing yet. Therefore, it is hard to predict whether it is gonna take less time for I485 adjudication than beofore. However, INS gave indication that it might take around 6 months. But, this is in air.

Hope this helps.

I got my finger printing notice yesterday.

I have got it scheduled for Dec 5th.
I 140 still pending. Not yet approved. No RFE's so far.

Hi Recah INS,Habio,& Puneet_gcard (I140 Status)

Hi Recah INS,Habio,& Puneet_gcard

Any update on your I140 status.

My I140 stauts is still the same in AVM and Online.

Check your status and keep us posted.

Thanks

Re: Re: wisc_labor_cert

Hi,

Yes it is ture that State labor in Wisconsin gets approved in 3 weeks. My friend is from Wisconsin and his labor got approved in 3 months (3 weeks in State and 11 weeks in regional office)

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Originally posted by wisc_labor_cert

when did you file? Could you let me know the month? I will be filing this week.

Hello M2002

I have no update on my I 140, still waiting for approval. Recieved my 485 receipts today by my lawyer. Applied on 30 Aug 2002.
I will post if I have any update.

Relocate

Bad news that the company was bought by another company in NJ. Current location will be closed early next year, probably next February. I have to relocate to NJ. Do you think I have the risk to get I485 approved?

For your information that the ND of my I485 was 8/15 and I140 was approved on 10/30.

I 140 RFE details

I 140 RFE Details
Hi ,
Here are my I 140 details.....

RD:9/11/2002
RFE DT: 11/6/2002

RFE for educational qualification. Degree certicates and evaluation were sent today(11/13/2002).

Thanks!

I called INS today to inquire about my applications
(I- 140/485/ead/ap) ,i am told that my applications have been entered into their system.How long days it takes to receive the receipts in the postal mail.
I checked my online bank account,it still doesnot reflect the transactions.

Thanks

I-140 REF

Hi:

I have questions about the I-140 REF. Didn't you guys sent official transcript, experience letter, Company tax info, W2 form and recent pay stubs along with the I-140 application? Correct me if I am wrong. It seems most of REF is about these things which are the standard requirement for filing I-140. Is anyone out there still getting REF after send all the above items ?

Thanks

haibo

Re: I 140 RFE details

Hi GC_wait007,

I got a similar RFE. Please keep us updated about any developments in your I-140 process.

If I may ask, where did you send your credentials for evaluation ?

Thanks and Good Luck !

Originally posted by GC_wait007
I 140 RFE Details
Hi ,
Here are my I 140 details.....

RD:9/11/2002
RFE DT: 11/6/2002

RFE for educational qualification. Degree certicates and evaluation were sent today(11/13/2002).

Thanks!

haibo,

I sent the original transscript for my MS degreee. when the application was sent.But I got the rfe for undergrad..so I had to send the originals for the Undergrad....

parshu