Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Patcha, new2_nsc_gc,
Have you received your EAD cards yet?

My spouse received hers yesterday....I still haven't received mine.

I 485 Need meaning for this?

I saw this message on my ! 485 case on web, can someone tell what it means...Thanks

On February 28, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in CINCINNATI, OH for processing. Our office in CINCINNATI, OH will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283. To receive information about local office processing times.

I 485 Need meaning for this?

I saw this message on my ! 485 case on web, can someone tell what it means...Thanks

On February 28, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in CINCINNATI, OH for processing. Our office in CINCINNATI, OH will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283. To receive information about local office processing times.

I filed for I-140 & I-485 couple of weeks back, haven't received receipt yet.

May I know how long does it generally take to receive the receipt?

Reciept Notice Time

Concurrent Filing (140/485/EAD/AP) filed on 02/24/03. How long does it usually take for receiving reciept notices?

thanks

It could take any where between 3 to 15 weeks. For me it took 10 weeks to get my receipt notice.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Manju

Relocation

Because of company's decision, I will have to relocate to NJ from IL in May. Can anyone advise me whether I should adivse INS my new address in NJ or my friend's address in IL? Are there any impact on my I485 application? Following is my current application status:

Concurrent filing: RD 8/15/02
I 140 approved on 10/30/02

How long does paper work take for filing I-140

I have my labor certification approved but my law firm has not started working on it yet(to file for I-140). They tell me that they have other cases on their desk that have to be cleared before they get to my case. Apparently those cases have been approved earlier than mine.

It is almost like I have to wait for a priority date at my law firm before they can work on my case. By the way I am paying the law firm and not my company.

Is it the norm with the law firms? Os is it just that the law firm I am working with is under staffed?

My law firm has however has done some good work for me so far. I guess they don't have the same sense of urgency that I do :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

This is more likely for law firms who is hired by the corporate or company. If you by yourself you can push lawyer to do it soon.

That was same thing for me. My company lawyer waited one month since my labor got approved to file I140.

Even though I send email, they say they more stuff to take care off.

I am very frustrated about my lawyer even though he is a big lawyer, but never reply my email timely manner..

But at the same time I saw lawyer who are really helpful and feel the way you feel.

Take an example of Mr. Jim Mills who is helping people posting Message. I would hire this sort of lawyers who will really help me and take the case seriously regardless his length of experience, highly qualified.

One thing I believe is: In case of employment when your company is really sponsoring you and everything is true, any lawyer can make this case success, you don’t need big shot. It is not magic or criminal case. All forms are there; all rules and regulations are there.

If you have problem with company credibility and sponsorships then may be some intellectual lawyer can make the difference.

I know people are getting approved without going thru lawyer, just by taking sign from HR from their company and preparing case by company/himself.

What I care is: lawyer who is really cooperative, helpful, understand your feeling and quick to response.

I don’t think big lawyer signature in the document make the case different.

The thing I mentioned above might be redundant, or might not be true. This is just my own opinion, and did not mean to attack anybody or any lawyers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-485, AP, and EAD

Hi friends,

I just filed for my I-485, AP, and EAD. Can any one tell me how much time it is going to take to get the reciepts?

I send my personl checks along with it, by that I can track when INS cashed the checks. My question is, which will happen first. Getting the receipts or they will cash the checks and later send the receipts??

Thanks

thk

thk

It takes anytimes between 1-5 weeks. IIO says 6 weeks. The Average timing is 3 weeks.

Correct me if I am wrong??

INS issued a MEMO that restricts the personal checks of employee to process the case. Correct me if I am wrong. I saw this memo on immigration.com highlights which said it will not be accepted.

Now I am not sure when this is gonna be effected or already in law...

Please, verify this..

Sachin

My lawyer recomended me to do so, sending a personal check.

I will check with my lawyer again on thins and let you know.

Thank for your reply.

Sachin

My lawyer said that is right, we can send out personal checks.
By the way, I just checked my bank account all my checks, sent to INS, got cleared.

Can any one tell me how long it will take to receive the RECEIPTS?

Does the RECEIPTS will have the LIN information?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

To err is human. But the way the Sahin guy misguides people is something not human. I do not know what pleasure this guy gets by doing this. It looks like it is his mission to mis-guide people. Why can't he keep his mouth shut. It is indeed high time that he did it.

Beware of Sahin the menace !!!!

Smenon,

I don’t understand what made you so mad about Sahin? He just told his opinion about personal check, and mention two times that he is not sure! No one is lawyer here; we all have only one purpose to come to this forum, which is to SHARE INFORMATION! It
Is always better to know the truth even though if it is hard than ignorance. If you don’t have the normal tolerance power and minimum courtesy, I would request you to get lost!

Those who have been in this Tread from the beginning know Sahin pretty well. He has been very helpful and passionate to answer people’s questions. I highly appreciate Sahin for the fact that he takes time from his busy schedule to post messages in this Forum. Look at his posts, he has posted so far 283 message, not to say that most of those to answer people’s questions.

It is also showing that you have posted ONLY 5 message in this Forum so far!!! And already started to make this friendly Forum a hostile atmosphere by passing rude comments!!

I would rather urge you to abstain from this forum and let people freely share there information, otherwise beg apology.

What is your problem and who the heck are you to say whether I participate in the forum or not. You feel as if someone has poked you in the wrong place. Just mind your business or get lost. You do not know what I had to go through for the misleading answers your friend (I don't know what kind) gave earlier. I have every right to express my openion like anyone else in this forum. It is not how many posts that you have to your credit that matters, it is the quality that matters. Now shut up and mind your business.