Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Hi All !!

I checked today the on line status and the good news is that My I-140 is approved yesterday.

Details: I-140
RD:11-01-02
ND:11-22-02
AD:02-04-03

EB-3 & CONCURRENT.

Hopefully EAD/AP gets approved soon.

Pneet/Sachdev,
After I-140 approval , when is your EAD/AP approved, and how long it taken to reach the EAD to you?

Hopefully all of your cases will be approved soon.

Thanks guys !!

Hi new2_nsc_gc,

My details are as follows :

I-140 AD 01/03/03
EAD AD 01/14/03
AP AD 01/16/03

EAD Card received on 02/04/03 (Came to my address directly)
AP Hard copy received on 02/04/03 (My attorney got it)

Congratulations on your approval.

Good Luck !

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
FP QUESTION

Hi guys,

I got my receipt notices for both 140 & 485, iam planning to go to India sometime 3rd week of Feburary is it possible to get FP notice before i leave?. If i receive while iam in India then is their any way i can reschedule the fp.

I-140

LIN-03-081-5XXXX
RD 01/09/03
ND 01/14/03

I-485
LIN-03-081-5XXXX
RD 01/09/03
ND 01/14/03

Is anyone received FP notices who filed in Jan 2003.

Thanks in advance.

Hi new2_nsc_gc,

You will get EAD/AP approved in about 1 week after I-140. But it will take atleast 15 more days to get the EAD card mailed to you. First your EAD message will say it is approved.

After that the message changes to the Approval Notice has been mailed to you on so and so date.

Hope this helps.

Congrats to all my fellow concurrent filers on getting 140 approved. Hopefully the 485's wont take more than 1 year.

Regards
Puneet

Tracker Update

Hi All,

Here is the updated tracker.

Congrats!! to every one who got their I140 approval in the last 2 weeks and hope all the remaining will receive their approval soon.

Regards
Manju

Hi Manju,

Thanks for the wishes.

In the tracker, can you please change my I-140 RD and ND to 11/27/02 and my I-140 Receipt Notice number to LIN-03-045-53XXX ?

All of my other information in the tracker is perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140 & I-485 tracking?

I am new to the thread and you guessed it right; I have a lots of questions.

How do you track the I-140/I-485/EAD/AP applications? Is it done through e-mail or phone? I would appreciate if you can post that information.

Thank you

I would request you to include my brother information

EB2/RIR concurrent
I140 RD - 1/20/03
I485 RD - 1/14/03
FP on 2/28/03

I hope I am not missing information.

Re: I-140 & I-485 tracking?

4gc,

You have to get your Receipts from the Service Center in order to obtain the status of your case. If your Service Center is Nebraska (NSC) then your Receipt Number looks like LIN-xx-xxx-xxxxx. You can call (402) 323-7830 to get to the INS-NSC AVM or you can also goto http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/services/finding.htm to get the case status on-line based on your Receipt number.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Originally posted by 4gc
I am new to the thread and you guessed it right; I have a lots of questions.

How do you track the I-140/I-485/EAD/AP applications? Is it done through e-mail or phone? I would appreciate if you can post that information.

Thank you

GC expenses and Tax detuctible

This is the email reconfirmation from IRS regarding to Green Card
related expenses and tax detuctible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In answer to your question, please be advised that expenses related to the upgrading of your residency status (including applying for a green card), are always considered to be personal legal expenses which are nondeductible regardless of the fact the end result of the expenses may have been to keep a permanent position here in the U.S.

Please see Publication 17, (cited in previous response), and
Publication 529, Miscellaneous Deductions.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope it's helpful

yager

Question for Yager

Can you let me know where you came across this information. The publication you mentioned doesn't talk about legal expenses related to changing your residency status

Tax detuctible

spol,

the publications are cited by IRS. Publication 17 mentions
legal fees while Publication 529 mentions about the legal
fees to "keep your position".

if you have more resource info regarding it, let me know.

yager

m2002 and others, Thanx for your wishes on I140 approval.
Today, mine and spouse's online status for EAD changed to "On February 12, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Recap:
Concurrent filing 140/485/EAD/AP
RD: Nov 14 02
ND: Dec 03 02
FP completed: Feb 12 03
I140 AD: Feb 03 03
EAD AD: Feb 12 03

Hopefully the card will arrive soon.

I 140 approved ND 11/05 RD 11/26

Case No.: LIN 03 044 50xxx

EB 3 / RIR /CONCURRENT

RD 11/05 ND 11/26 AD 02/12

In the meanwhile Interim EAD was obtained on 02/07 after the 90 day wait period was over.

*** pl, correct the Tracker . there it is mentioned that the case is EB 2 RIR. It was a mistake form my side.

All the best for others in the line.