Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

M2002:Yep you can claim tax exemptions for the legal fees you paid, if you do itemise deductions i have checked this out and TURBOTAX also give you that option.

Does anybody know which option i have to use ?

(Using the form 1040, i'm filing on my own)

Thanks in advance,
Suren

I-140 Appoved in 80 days

Dear All

Good News !!!

My I-140 has been approved today (i.e January 27 , 2003)
I have filed my I-140,I-485 concurrently under EB2/RIR . NO RFEs.
My attorney did the great job for me!! Many many Thanks to her.

Receipt Date : 11/07/2002
Priority Date: 11/07/2002
Notice Date : 12/12/2002

I-140 case number LIN-03-045-510XX
I-485 case number LIN-03-045-510XX

Received FP notice on 12/19/2002 scheduled for 01/22/2003 ST.PAUL,MN. FP done successfully.

I have not applied for EAD and AP.

Buddy M2002 , Can you pleae update the tracker

Thanks in advance
:D :D

Hi Manisha,
Congratulations!!
Can you post the text of online case status before getting approval ?

EX: "Your I-140 case was received on December 2, 2002."
This is what it says for my case.

I'm getting confused by all the dates (notice,reciept, etc...)

Thanks,
Suren

re: bms500

Manisha,
Are you EB2 or EB3? You've mentioned EB2 here, but I think we have you as EB3 in the tracker!
SDD

Question for you guys

Hello Folks,
After long time again. How you guys doing. I see lot of new faces in this thread now and old faces disappears:)

Question:
1)If I just get married, and my wife is outside the US, can I declare myself as married in W4 form that we fill up with employer? Also if I support ger financially, can I add her as dependant?

2) If the answer is yes from previous question, How I will file my Tax return next year? I have to add her name and SSN or TIN for filing. How I can obtain that. Is it legal to do those, if wife stays outside the US.

Please answer?

Hi Manju. My EAD status message has still not changed. Also I havent received the card yet. Has the NSC gone to sleep again. I talked to my attorney's paralegal and he told me to let him know if I still dont receive the EAD by this weekend. Dont know what he would do.

Folks. Is it normal for EAD's to reach us 1 month after approval ??

Thanks !!

FP info

Does anyone know if the finger print info avaialbe online? I did FP last Nov. As of today, there is no mention of that on I-485 message.

Thanks

haibo

Puneet call up the IIO and see what they say...

Haibo I did my FP on oct 8th 2002. Still no mention. But u can call up the FBI number and fiind out if they sent ur FP to INS.
I am pastin the number from some other thread
"the fbi # is 304-625-5590 option#4, they will ask what type of case you have (I-485) and what is your alien# and they will tell you if your case have been sent to ins ,usually the next day after your finger print.."

However I never called the number to find out if my FP was done correctly. MY RD of 485 is 09/03/2002. May be Laziness ...

Thanks, as long as everybody is in the same boat. I am content.

James

Originally posted by parshu
Puneet call up the IIO and see what they say...

Haibo I did my FP on oct 8th 2002. Still no mention. But u can call up the FBI number and fiind out if they sent ur FP to INS.
I am pastin the number from some other thread
"the fbi # is 304-625-5590 option#4, they will ask what type of case you have (I-485) and what is your alien# and they will tell you if your case have been sent to ins ,usually the next day after your finger print.."

However I never called the number to find out if my FP was done correctly. MY RD of 485 is 09/03/2002. May be Laziness ...

Hi Patcha_Card and Sdd
I am giving the information that you requested

Receipt Number: LIN030455102X

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on November 27, 2002. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 210 and 240 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Sdd
I applied under EB2/RIR not EB3.

Thanks to all the memebers visiting this thread and giving valuable suggestions.

Hi bms500/Manisha ,

I understand from your posting that, INS has still not updated their AVM & Online system.

Did your attorney received the I-140 approval notice.?

Thanks
Rakesh

Hi Rakesh

My I-140 approved yesterday (i.e 01/27/2003)

In my earlier message the Text was cut & pasted from one of my stored meesages. I am very sorry , if it has created any misunderstanding on the Forum.

My attorney has not got any approval notice from INS.

Receipt Number: LIN030455102X

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On January 27, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Hi Manju. I haven recd it also. Even my online message has not changed to saying that the card has been mailed.

I am going to call up my law firm and see what they can do about it.

Will keep you posted .

Regards to All !!!!

Hi Manju,

No, I haven't received it yet. Like Puneet's, my online message has also not changed. I will wait and see for four weeks and then talk to my attorney.

Regards,

I-140 new dates

I-140 E (Skilled Worker or Professional) 11.05.2002

GOOD news is it moved to November 5 th. Oh my god my RD is 11/26/02.

Think few few more days to go...........

Do the processing time reports mean anything?
I am seeing cases with I140 receipt dates ranging back as far as May/June 2002 (along with quite a few Nov 2002s) that are getting approved now. Meanwhile, the processing time report indicates October for EB2s......

Hi Puneet & Manju,

My EAD online message has changed to the following this morning.

"Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On January 30, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours."

It was approved on 01/14/03. I hope to receive it during the next week. Let you know once i get it on hand.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator: