Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

concurrent filing

I had my i140 and i485 filed concurrently.

NSC Received Date 10/21/2002 Notice Date 11/7/2002

Received Receipt notice in 2 weeks. Received I-140 approval by Dec 10th.

Also received EAD and AP for myself and my wife from Local INS on Nov 24th. Now they stopped issuing it.

Wife had her fingerprinting done by Dec 24th. I didn't get the fingerprinting notice. In the website it says insufficient fingerprinting fees. Contacted Attorney and they said they have responded by sending cancelled checks. Still no update on the website or no fingerprinting notice.

Further, Can I join another company if my 140 and 485 are filed together?:confused:

Thanks

Tax deduction

Hi:

Does anyone know for certainty that whether the immigration related fees ( filing fee, physical examination, lawyer fee etc ) are tax deductiable? I got mix signal from various source. I know for sure that if employer pays above expense, it is tax deductiable for business purpose. However, I have paid everything out of my own. Would be nice if I can bite a piece of my tax obligation.

thanks

haibo

Re: Tax deduction

Habio: Yep you can claim tax exemptions for the legal fees you paid, if you do itemise deductions i have checked this out and TURBOTAX also give you that option.

Sachidev & Punteet: thanks for your reply for the EAD card status.

I am still waiting to receive the actual card

Regards
Manju

Originally posted by haibo
Hi:

Does anyone know for certainty that whether the immigration related fees ( filing fee, physical examination, lawyer fee etc ) are tax deductiable? I got mix signal from various source. I know for sure that if employer pays above expense, it is tax deductiable for business purpose. However, I have paid everything out of my own. Would be nice if I can bite a piece of my tax obligation.

thanks

haibo

Manju. Still did not receive EAD today. Dont know how long it takes. It has been 1 week since case was approved.

Anyone knows what happens if we dont receive EAD at all ????

Puneet

Puneet..

Hopefully its still in mail ..
And my experience....You can do nothing abt it if u dont get the EAD. when I called IIO she said
1) WAit and see
2) Wait for one more month and see
3) APply for the EAD for Fresh and the previous approval will not be taken into account so fresh application
4)Apply for -824 which will take more than 6 months

It is one hell trauma.so pray that u get it ...and I AM SURE YOU WILL GET..good luck

Got spouse SSN today applied on Jan 8th 2003
Recap:
140 RD 07/05/2002
RFE 09/10/02
RFE REPLD 10/11 RECD 10/19
AD 11/07/2002

485 RD 09/03/02 ND 09/13/02
EAD(spouse) RD 09/03/02 ND 09/13/02
Approved 12/03/02
Card RECD 01/07/03 (NOTE DELAY OF 1month COS OF POSTAL SCREW UP)

EAD self not applied yet.

Parshu. IF we dont receive it in mail then cant we just go to local INS office and get the card. What happens if later on we have to renew the card and one is working.

Does one just stop working beacause of a mail screw up ???

I am sure their will be other alternatives.

I hope this doesnt happen to anyone !!

Tax deduction

try TurboTAX and find "legal fees to protect your job"
can be detucted. Is it a correct item for us?

yager

Hi

Dolly75,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I tried to reply to this couple of times
before and I got connection timed out error.
Is it possible for you to cut and paste the RFE message in this
thread?

Parshu,
When you applied for SSN for your spouse did they say anything
about records not updated etc... When we went there on DEC23
to apply for SSN for my spouse they said that INS has not
updated Social security Administartion with the info(Not sure
which info.). We called SS office today and they said they are
still working on this SSN application.
Anyone who got the same message from Social security office.

Thanks
Sept13

Sept13 ,

Thanks for the response ,please find enclosed the RFE doc.

Let me know,thanks for your time and response.

SEPT13,

Yes They said exactly the same thing.Then I showed them that INS did some verification when we went for DRIVING License . THey did not even care abt it and said your record does not show up with INS system and it will take 90 -120 days.
After a week I called up the 800 number for SSN and they said that the file is not even in the system and they asked what does the receipt say. I said we did not get any reciept. I was in a rush and I did not remember to ask the receipt when we applied. We lost all the hopes on the SSN but yesterday it was in the mail box ..

Good luck...
parshu

Hi Puneet,

I guess the online message will change to "your card was mailed on......." right now it shows"we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

This indicates that my EAD card has not been mailed to me yet. My AP status says that after approving the document was made and mailed to the person directly. I am still waiting for my AP did not get it in mail today, will update after i receive it.

Regards
Manju

Originally posted by puneet_gcard
Manju. Still did not receive EAD today. Dont know how long it takes. It has been 1 week since case was approved.

Anyone knows what happens if we dont receive EAD at all ????

Puneet

Hi Manju. I think you are correct. My message still says the same. Has your message for EAD changed yet.

Should we call NSC and find out when they are going to mail the card. Its almost been 10 days since approval.

Even my AP was approved but I never got it . I thought the lawyer gets it and forwards it to us.

Dolly75 and Parshu

Dolly75,

In your case they are asking for documents for both you and your
company. In my case it was only the company info.
I think you should be fine as long as the company is paying you.
Since you have time till April 2003, I would suggest wait for
your W-2 for 2002 and send that along with all other documents.

Wish you all the best.

Parshu,

Thanks for the reply. We don't have a receipt for the application either.
They said that they will not issue receipts when the INS database is not
updated. We called 800 number twice and they have the info and the
application is in pending status.Customer service don't know why the
record is pending and wanted us to call back next week.

Regards
Sept13

Hi Puneet,

My EAD message has not changed yet. Will update you when the status changes.

I guess we should not call NSC reagrding this even though there is nothing wrong in calling reagrding, but all these calls will be logged towards our case and shows the no of enquires that we have made.

manju

Originally posted by puneet_gcard
Hi Manju. I think you are correct. My message still says the same. Has your message for EAD changed yet.

Should we call NSC and find out when they are going to mail the card. Its almost been 10 days since approval.

Even my AP was approved but I never got it . I thought the lawyer gets it and forwards it to us.

My wife's EAD was approved on 6th of Jan. INS mailed the card on 16th of Jan. My lawyer received on 22nd.

Thanks.
Udaya

Udaya. This confuses us even more. I thought we directly get the card mailed to us. Looks like your lawyer received it.

M2002 ! I think you are right. LEts wait some more time and see what happens. My AP was received by y lawyer but not by me yet.

Thanks !!

Udaya. This confuses us even more. I thought we directly get the card mailed to us. Looks like your lawyer received it.

M2002 ! I think you are right. LEts wait some more time and see what happens. My AP was received by y lawyer but not by me yet.

Thanks !!

I think it depends upon which address you have filled up in the EAD application. We have our lawyer's address.

Initially the online status said ..this application has been approved on 6th of Jan and we have ordered a card for you.

Then it changed to .... this appication has beed approved and we have mailed the approval notice on 16th of Jan.

On 22nd my lawyer received the card.

Hope this helps.

Udaya