Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

IndiaGirl ..........
similar boat....
.140 RD July 07. Not approved yet..Got an RFE recd by INS by 10/19 still not approved yet....

Check to see if u got an RFE...please update the latest

Re: wolverines

ND 9/3
Interestingly, AVM is updated faster than website. Called round 10pm, I heard approval msg on AVM, but website didn't change at that time. Seems website updated next day.

Originally posted by m2002
Congrats!! wolverines on your I140 Approval. Now your EAD and AP should follow very quickly.

What is your ND.

Regards

Hi all

Sahin: You are right any thing may happen here with INS

But I am talking about the majority of cases assuming that
they dont have any problems in Education and experience etc..
Ofcourse what we consider a straight forward case may get
an RFE from INS.

what happened to ur I 140? have you sent a reply back?
In that case you will get approval within 2-3 weeks!

I already said few friends got RFE's and they got approval within
2- 3 weeks after attending RFE.

In one case they asked to format his resume which he sent for I 1140!
:confused:

Nanaji

Wxm8, Sachdev, Nanaji and all gurus..When do they send receipts after cashing the che

I am venturing here even if I filed in Vermont the consurrent I140/I 485 since there is too much wealth of info here because of all you gurus.

So my question is, I just saw today in my bank account that INS cashed my checks for I485/131/765 filed concurrently with I 140 which was mailed on 11/16/2002. How much time goes in between they cash the checks and you get a receipt for concurrent application?

Any feedback is appreciated.

umyal,

For NSC, it takes 5-7 days to get the receipt after the ckeck is cashed. But you may get a receipt even the ckeck is not cashed.

11/16/2002, is that a wrong file date?

yager

Re: Wxm8, Sachdev, Nanaji and all gurus..When do they send receipts after cashing the che

Hi umyal,

I agree with you about the fact that you have wealth of info on this forum. This is because like minded members share their experiance on this forum which pools up the info here.

In my case, all my checks were realised on the 10/22/02 and within a couple of days my attorney received all the receipts. This doesn't mean that everyones case is so. I will give at least 10 days to receive receipts after my checks are realised. If you get them before that, it is a bonus.

As someone mentioned, many people got their receipts well before their checks are realised. But we can be rest assured of prima facie acceptance of application once INS realises your checks.

I feel that the key to GC process is patiance and proper documentation.

Good Luck buddy !

Don't worry about it. You can find your case numbers on the back of each check for the respective applications.
Originally posted by umyal
I am venturing here even if I filed in Vermont the consurrent I140/I 485 since there is too much wealth of info here because of all you gurus.

So my question is, I just saw today in my bank account that INS cashed my checks for I485/131/765 filed concurrently with I 140 which was mailed on 11/16/2002. How much time goes in between they cash the checks and you get a receipt for concurrent application?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Nanaji999,

I disagree with u still...
a case.
me and my freind..
same education (same school Bachelors)
Both did MS here (graduated same day)
Started job in the same week after graduation
both applied same day for GC process.
Both at NSC
my 140 is pending since 7/05/02 ,,(got RFE)
//..freind's got approved in 24 days

Thanks Sachdev..

Thanks Sachdev and Yager. Yager, thanks for pointing out about the date. It is actually 10/16/2002.

I will keep lurking here.. every 15 mins :)

Re: Re: FP notice

Thanks sachdev: My RD is 9/09/02. I guess it
should be in anytime now. Did INS mail to your home address or your lawyer's?

Haibo

Originally posted by sachdev
Hi haibo,

My I-485 RD is 09/27/02. I got my FP notice on 10/28/02. Though the notice came to me in Michigan where I was supposed to get it done, I got my FP done at St. Paul MN on 11/02/02. It was originally scheduled for 11/20/02.

Hope this helps.

Parshu and nanaji

Yes, parshu that is called luck. Our luck is determined by IIO now. They can make it good or bad.

Nanaji,

I have replied the RFE yesterday. Now I am scared they might issue another RFE for another eividence. Who knows.

They issued RFE against Labor Certification even though it is approved. Therefore, even though you get labor approved, IIO can override that approval by requesting more evidence on some issue.

Re: Parshu and nanaji

Hi Sahin:

Would you please explain "They issued RFE against Labor Certification". Does INS have the right to deny certified LC ? What I believe INS can deny I-140 based on education or experience, but can't deny
and second guess the certified LC.

Thanks

haibo

Originally posted by Sahin
Yes, parshu that is called luck. Our luck is determined by IIO now. They can make it good or bad.

Nanaji,

I have replied the RFE yesterday. Now I am scared they might issue another RFE for another eividence. Who knows.

They issued RFE against Labor Certification even though it is approved. Therefore, even though you get labor approved, IIO can override that approval by requesting more evidence on some issue.

Folks, I have a question

Folks,
I know this is not a right thread to post this question, however I am breaking the law as the way I got introduced with lot of you who visitited this thread frequently.

Question

1) I know that if anyperson has valid status in US (unexpired I-94), he or she can tarvel Canada/Mexico and come back without valid visa stamp in pasport (never had visa of the current status, had expired/unexpired visa of previous or initial status) if he/she does visit to apply for VISA at canada. Couple of my frinds did lately and still doing currently. This is automatic revalidation rule.
No need to mention that they need Canadian Visa to enter Canada.

My question is:

The person who have filed I485 and 1) obtained AP (but did not use AP) or did not obtain AP 2)Obtained EAD (did not worked on EAD) or did not have EAD, Can he/she still be eligible for that reentry???

I mean the person who has filled I485 and obtained AP, EAD but still maintaining H1B status without using those, Can he be eligible for that automatic revalidation. Can he enter USA after canada visit (less than 30 days) by that H1 (I94) paper. Or he has to use AP to enter USA as the way he applied for adjustment status already and obtained EAD, AP? What if he does not obtain, can he come on H1 approval (I94).

My question might appears guffy. Sorry.

Please answer or throw some light on this.

My apology to post this message in the wrong place.

It is somehow related to concurrent filing though:)

haibo

Haibo,
If the labor department did a mistake INS always can deny. Lets say in LC your job requirement is " 4 years BS degree". Now you have only 3 years BS degree from back home or somewhere. Yet, labor was approved. I saw cases like this here in this forum. In this case INS can always deny and say " Hay, how come your LC get approved, it should not be."

Besides this sort of reasons, they might not reject LC approval, but they can ask more documents which is requirements for LC appoval not for I140 approval. Like my case

In LC my employer mention, I have to C, JAVA experience for this job. I have provided my diploma, transcripts what mentioned that I took class on them when I applied for LC. I did not have to provide experience letter as the way it was entry level position and for college fresh graduate. Therefore, LC people was satisfied with that and they approved.

Now on I140, INS people are saying hay I understand you have four years degree which fulfill one requirements of your job description which is ETA 750 A part 14 on LC application. How baout part 15 on the same form . It mentioned other qualification required (C, Java experience). How you gonna prove them?

How you can prove that you knwo JAVA, C to INS as the RFE response for I140. Resume is not goint to work. I obtained a letter from my advisor what states that the course I took focused on them. Also, I did some projects that gave me experience.

Should not it come from LC people, how come INS is asking me that, is not this coming from LC application?

Hope this helps.

Re: Re: Re: FP notice

Hi haibo,

My lawyer got the FP notice on my behalf.

Regards

Originally posted by haibo
Thanks sachdev: My RD is 9/09/02. I guess it
should be in anytime now. Did INS mail to your home address or your lawyer's?

Haibo

Last edited by a moderator:
Eb2 RIR GC

Hi All,

Last few days I am browsing this thread , you guys are doing phenomenal job for tracking GC process. Here is my details

EB2 RIR Case filed in NSC

Concurrent filing I140/I485/I765/I131

For all documents-

Mailing Date: 24-sept-2002
RD : 25-sept-2002
ND : 10-oct-2002
AD : ?

Received FP notice on 10/22/2002 with a schedule date of 11/14/2002. Early FP done on 10/29/2002 due to travel.

- Manish

Eb2 RIR GC

Hi All,

Last few days I am browsing this thread , you guys are doing phenomenal job for tracking GC process. Here is my details

EB2 RIR Case filed in NSC

Concurrent filing I140/I485/I765/I131

For all documents-

Mailing Date: 24-sept-2002
RD : 25-sept-2002
ND : 10-oct-2002
AD : ?

Received FP notice on 10/22/2002 with a schedule date of 11/14/2002. Early FP done on 10/29/2002 due to travel.

- Manish

FP notice

Hi :

I get my finger print notice today. What is the chance that I get early finger print say-tomorrow. Is travelling a good excuse to have early one? I am in Minnesota.

Thanks

haibo

Hi Kel_Zhang Congrats!!!

Did U get any RFEs in 140. If Yes what RFE.I appreciate ur response.

Parshu