Concurrent Filers (140/485) CSC-TSC: Waiting for 140 Approval

SEVERAL REASONS, but not based on solid information. I hope I will be wrong.

(1) From VSC forum, two guys have concurrent filed cases in later Sep 05 got one 140 transferred from VSC to NSC. They are in special situation. They filed two 140, EB1 and EB2, and one 485. I do not know which 140 is linked to 485, or both. They received email yesterday that EB1 140 was transferred to NSC, but not the EB2 140 and 485. To my guess, they will receive another notice later that their other 140 and 485 will also be transferred because no reason they separate them to process.
(2) Also from that VSC forum, you can see before yesterday all cases was transferred to TSC not NSC. And all cases transferred to TSC is non-concurrent filed.
(3) So only NSC will be specialized in 485. This matchs the recent annoucement by USCIS and NSC jointly that they will adjudicate 485 even the PD is not current. Why only mention NSC here?

srignram said:
Why do you think so?

OK. I spend more time reading posts. I found the 2006GC guy had concurrently filed 140/485 transferred from VSC to TSC. See, I try to prove my guess was wrong. Everyone please release now.

jbxieperm2005 said:
SEVERAL REASONS, but not based on solid information. I hope I will be wrong.

(1) From VSC forum, two guys have concurrent filed cases in later Sep 05 got one 140 transferred from VSC to NSC. They are in special situation. They filed two 140, EB1 and EB2, and one 485. I do not know which 140 is linked to 485, or both. They received email yesterday that EB1 140 was transferred to NSC, but not the EB2 140 and 485. To my guess, they will receive another notice later that their other 140 and 485 will also be transferred because no reason they separate them to process.
(2) Also from that VSC forum, you can see before yesterday all cases was transferred to TSC not NSC. And all cases transferred to TSC is non-concurrent filed.
(3) So only NSC will be specialized in 485. This matchs the recent annoucement by USCIS and NSC jointly that they will adjudicate 485 even the PD is not current. Why only mention NSC here?

Can someone help me - I am confused

I am going to file my I-140 (EB-1) from Maryland. Where do I send my I-140 package -can I send it to vermont, or is it nebraska ? What is the exact
address.

Thanks a lot

jbxieperm2005 said:
OK. I spend more time reading posts. I found the 2006GC guy had concurrently filed 140/485 transferred from VSC to TSC. See, I try to prove my guess was wrong. Everyone please release now.

to add more random info to the mix - over last 2 days, there have been more rfes than approvals. i have seen just 1 approval on each of the days and but on both days number of rfes were more than 1.

I found the 140 approval for CSC 140/485 transfer case

Guys,

I found the following approved case. It is from all chargeability ares except those listed (i.e. non-cut off countries)

10/8/2003 : LC RIR
12/8/2005 : EB2 Concurrent filing : i140 & 485 to CSC
3/21/2006 : CSC to TSC.
4/20/2006 : Biometric Notice.
5/3/2006 : I140 approved.

I guess that concurrent cases are being handled. Let's hope for the best.

DocPC

Who is that ?

Hi DocPC,

I wonder who is that got I140 approval. Any username ? and where do you see the info from ?

I knew from Texas thread http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=118860&page=140&pp=15

"partagas" EB2 concurrent filer also got his I140 (02-13-06) approval on 04/28/06. ( Comment: Partagas file @ TSC)

" M1p1" EB3 concurrent filer also got his I140 (10/21/05) approval on 04/06/2006. ( M1p1 file @ CSC and transfered to TSC on 03/21/06)

Last edited by a moderator:
concurrent 140 will be processed though PD is not current

As some body mentioned yesterday, that concurrent 140 will not be adjudicated/approved until the PD is current. **** THATS NOT TRUE AT ALL **** . CSC has stopped doing that long time back, it has no concept of "concurrent adjudication of 140 & 485". And its NOT even true that, both 140 & 485 will be adjudicated by the same adjudicator.

The delay associated with the processing of concurrently filed 140 is due to some other issues. I had just confirmed the same with my attorney. I hope the same is true with TSC.

Why silent

Any one run the scanner and see any movement regarding concurrent cases filed in CSC , which r transferred to TSC. Guys we r waiting since 09/2005. If we have I140 approval we can atleast avail AC21 to switch to better jobs. My lawyer made inquiry about my case on March 20th. She has to wait for some more time to inquire again.

In the mean time Can any of the concurrent filed folks can ask their lawyer to initiate the inquiry. It will throw some lights in the dark tunnel.

Perm_faq , since u did not get the transfer message , u have good reason to raise the inquiry regarding the status of the application .

Please keep the forum and Hope alive guys..

Yeah. Iam not sure when my lawyer is going to initiate inquiry, but told them. Looks like, response to the inquiry is also taking long time these days. Isn't it? Hopefully, we may not end up initiating another inquiry for the status first inquiry, which was originally intended for the case status. Whats the status of your first inquiry?

siddiboy said:
Any one run the scanner and see any movement regarding concurrent cases filed in CSC , which r transferred to TSC. Guys we r waiting since 09/2005. If we have I140 approval we can atleast avail AC21 to switch to better jobs. My lawyer made inquiry about my case on March 20th. She has to wait for some more time to inquire again.

In the mean time Can any of the concurrent filed folks can ask their lawyer to initiate the inquiry. It will throw some lights in the dark tunnel.

Perm_faq , since u did not get the transfer message , u have good reason to raise the inquiry regarding the status of the application .

Please keep the forum and Hope alive guys..

Status of Inquiry

USCIS has sent a response on April 27 (atleast that's what online message shows). My lawyer did not receive any response yet. As soon as he receives i will share it in the forum.

I wanted to raise one more inquiry to see what is happening with our concurrent cases in TSC where as i am seeing non concurrent cases who has applied on Feb and March are also getting I140 approval.

My lawyer wanted to wait for 30 more days to raise one more inquiry. If any one else in the forum can ask their lawyer to raise the inquiry it will be great.

My lawyer doen't have any clue regarding the concurrent and non concurrent case consideration in TSC. People in the forum is more informative than lawyers.

What was the reason for initial inquiry? And why you are going for another one? Normally, CIS should respond with in 24-48 hours. But it may be taking longer. Seems like every thing is slow with CIS these days.

siddiboy said:
USCIS has sent a response on April 27 (atleast that's what online message shows). My lawyer did not receive any response yet. As soon as he receives i will share it in the forum.

I wanted to raise one more inquiry to see what is happening with our concurrent cases in TSC where as i am seeing non concurrent cases who has applied on Feb and March are also getting I140 approval.

My lawyer wanted to wait for 30 more days to raise one more inquiry. If any one else in the forum can ask their lawyer to raise the inquiry it will be great.

My lawyer doen't have any clue regarding the concurrent and non concurrent case consideration in TSC. People in the forum is more informative than lawyers.

Initial inquiry

The reason for initial inquiry is the processing time of CSC for I140 was 10/31 on March 20th report. My case was filed on 09/29. So i asked my lawyer to raise an inquiry about my case.

I wanted to raise one more inquiry on my I140 since it has been transferred to TSC on 03/21 and the processing time for I140 for TSC is 01/19/06 which is way a head of my Recipt date.

It is more than 7 months of wait for I140 is pissing me off. I am seeing people getting approved in a months time.

CSC fuc..ers ruined the entire smooth flow.

Dear perm_faq,

Could you please explain "some other issues" in detail?

perm_faq said:
As some body mentioned yesterday, that concurrent 140 will not be adjudicated/approved until the PD is current. **** THATS NOT TRUE AT ALL **** . CSC has stopped doing that long time back, it has no concept of "concurrent adjudication of 140 & 485". And its NOT even true that, both 140 & 485 will be adjudicated by the same adjudicator.

The delay associated with the processing of concurrently filed 140 is due to some other issues. I had just confirmed the same with my attorney. I hope the same is true with TSC.

friendly_ask,

There is no direct reason why CIS is holding our 140. There could be hundreds of reasons. It can be that,
- too many backlogs,
- may be all concurrent 140s are way down the pipe.
- may be its already assigned to an officer and he is holding it for some unknown reason.
- too many reasons..

All I was saying that, concurrent 140s are no different than non-concurrent
140s. Its very bad that CIS doesn't care 140s that were filed in
september, 2005 and still they are pending since 8-months. Iam tired of all
this waiting....dam(damn)....

friendly_ask said:
Dear perm_faq,

Could you please explain "some other issues" in detail?

khchan said:
Hi DocPC,

I wonder who is that got I140 approval. Any username ? and where do you see the info from ?

I knew from Texas thread http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=118860&page=140&pp=15

"partagas" EB2 concurrent filer also got his I140 (02-13-06) approval on 04/28/06. ( Comment: Partagas file @ TSC)

" M1p1" EB3 concurrent filer also got his I140 (10/21/05) approval on 04/06/2006. ( M1p1 file @ CSC and transfered to TSC on 03/21/06)

Khchan,

I found from other sites. It is not from this forum, sorry :rolleyes: :(

My Lawyer's email on status inquiry

We called yesterday on your pending I-140. They stated that their instructions state that if a case is transferred to another service center give 180 days before an inquiry can be made. So they would not take any information on your case. At this time, I do not think your case is outside, “normal” processing times, so we need to give it some more time before we start another inquiry.

I140:WAC060035XXXX / 485: WAC060035XXXX
Filing date : Sep 28 2005 Concurrently @CSC
PD: Sep 28 2001 (Subsitute labor)

My own Labor PD March 23 2003
Went to Backlog center Phl., Nothin on that yet..

MROCK said:
We called yesterday on your pending I-140. They stated that their instructions state that if a case is transferred to another service center give 180 days before an inquiry can be made. So they would not take any information on your case. At this time, I do not think your case is outside, “normal” processing times, so we need to give it some more time before we start another inquiry.

I140:WAC060035XXXX / 485: WAC060035XXXX
Filing date : Sep 28 2005 Concurrently @CSC
PD: Sep 28 2001 (Subsitute labor)

My own Labor PD March 23 2003
Went to Backlog center Phl., Nothin on that yet..

180 days.... this just keeps on getting better with each passing day!! 45 days passed and counting....

the only positive i can think of is that maybe they will process I140 & 1485 together...

That is a wishfull thinking

ahaly said:
180 days.... this just keeps on getting better with each passing day!! 45 days passed and counting....

the only positive i can think of is that maybe they will process I140 & 1485 together...
Dont even day dream my friend.This is what i guess:
1)There is a blamket order to the adjudicators no to touch any concurrently filed cases belong to retro ountry.
2)USCIS want to keep the visa number available till september,so that as many people can apply 485 and avail EAD.
3)There is a huge backlog on pending 485 papers ready to be adjudicated,so if they touch concurrent cases, i am sure some of them already have PD current and might have completed back ground/name check so work load on 485 at this will increase and they want to reduce at this time.

My wild guess is that service centers will touch concurrent cases belong to retro countries only at the beginning of last quarter that is july;06.Again this is only my wild guess.