Concurrent Filers (140/485) CSC-TSC: Waiting for 140 Approval

srignram said:
Dont even day dream my friend.This is what i guess:
1)There is a blamket order to the adjudicators no to touch any concurrently filed cases belong to retro ountry.
2)USCIS want to keep the visa number available till september,so that as many people can apply 485 and avail EAD.
3)There is a huge backlog on pending 485 papers ready to be adjudicated,so if they touch concurrent cases, i am sure some of them already have PD current and might have completed back ground/name check so work load on 485 at this will increase and they want to reduce at this time.

My wild guess is that service centers will touch concurrent cases belong to retro countries only at the beginning of last quarter that is july;06.Again this is only my wild guess.

Please don't think that only retro countries are affected. I think all concurrent cases are on hold. E.g. my date is current at the moment.

The bottom line is: whatever explanation we might invent for this, it will have huge chance to be totally wrong and there is no way to verify it. On other side they processed lets say around 50% of the cases for 000-120 in 2006. So less cases left more chances that our cases will be touched in nearest future.

vitale said:
On other side they processed lets say around 50% of the cases for 000-120 in 2006. So less cases left more chances that our cases will be touched in nearest future.
-- They will keep receiving new filings 24X7X365.

How about 240days?

I think Iam getting closer to 240days of my 140 petition.

ahaly said:
180 days.... this just keeps on getting better with each passing day!! 45 days passed and counting....

the only positive i can think of is that maybe they will process I140 & 1485 together...

perm_faq said:
How about 240days?

I think Iam getting closer to 240days of my 140 petition.
i was refering to 180 days after the transfer...

i know about the 240 days and i know it sucks... because it is taking so much time, i will have to take backup plans for sustaining my H1B... and guess who i have to pay for that - USCIS... :)

Backup plan... yeah, looks like its necessary now. Otherwise, we will be no-where if we count on UCSIC. No one knows whats going on with them, and why they don't work like any other federal agency.

ahaly said:
i was refering to 180 days after the transfer...

i know about the 240 days and i know it sucks... because it is taking so much time, i will have to take backup plans for sustaining my H1B... and guess who i have to pay for that - USCIS... :)

perm_faq said:
Backup plan... yeah, looks like its necessary now. Otherwise, we will be no-where if we count on UCSIC. No one knows whats going on with them, and why they don't work like any other federal agency.
i havnt seen many approvals in last few days - not even the non-concurrent ones.. not sure what is up with that....

perfaq,

Can you please explain how you count the days? Alternately how the receipt number show the date/day of processing?

Thanks

TSC is focussing on 485 approvals

TSC shifted its focus on 485 approval,so definitely that would have affected 140 approval.

NIW-Nov 04,

Receipt number: WACyyddd5cccc
--------------------------------
WAC = Indicates case filed with CSC (similarly EAC etc..)
yy = 2 digit year (06)
ddd = 3 digit USCIS working day (001 - 260) of its Fiscal year (runs from Oct1st - Sept 30th). USCIS had 260 working days in year 2005.
5 = EB2/3/4 category (I guess, its 1 for others)
cccc = 4 digit case number (Indicates no. of cases USCIS had received on that particular working day, ddd)

how you count the days
-----------------------
It should be counted from the receipt date (mentioned in the receipt notice for that particular petition) until today.

NIW-Nov 04 said:
perfaq,

Can you please explain how you count the days? Alternately how the receipt number show the date/day of processing?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope they don't re-shuffle again (like CSC->TSC) etc. The more they delay, more chances they will come up with some other junk idea like bi-specila.. etc. As you mentioned, its a better idea for us to start thinking about a backup plan.

ahaly said:
i havnt seen many approvals in last few days - not even the non-concurrent ones.. not sure what is up with that....

Permfaq,

Very interesting ! I agree with YY but DDD seems to be debatable. Why do you think DDD is correct? It seems to me that your DDD should not be greater than 260. You can check the fact.

Actually, I have not said that DDD will always be less than 260. It is the "Total" number of USCIS working days. It can be 260 little more or little less. The max number of working days are 260 in year 2005. Try searching (if you have scanner) any WAC receipt number with WAC05261 (rest put any numbers) and you will see that the search fails as the case number(s) greater than 260 does not exist in USCIS database. Not sure how did they come up with this scheme, but most likely they exclude all holidays, weekends etc etc. Thats why the number drops down from 365 to 260 (+/-) odd ball figure.

There is another topic associated with Receipt date, notice date, WAC numbering is arguable/debatable, but not with DDD. Its just the number after all. PM me if you would like to take it offline.

NIW-Nov 04 said:
Permfaq,

Very interesting ! I agree with YY but DDD seems to be debatable. Why do you think DDD is correct? It seems to me that your DDD should not be greater than 260. You can check the fact.

VSC is on Fire and TSC is on Zzzzzz........

Have you taken a look recently at the Vermont Service Center I-140 / I-485 threads. They are approving I-140/I-485 concurrent filings as late as Jan 2006. Many many of these I-140/I-485 filings are getting approved on the same day.

This is so so so damm unfair. ( My heart bleeds as I write this )

Why do we California filers have to suffer so much compared to other priviledged Service Centers like VSC. Anyway our bad luck started the day our LC was submitted to the State DOL in CA. Why are we California filers the most unlucky in the GC process. Most of my friends who filed in other service centers and now enjoying their GCs. And me....stuck in this endless black tunnel which shows no signs of ending.

Damm CSC. They are the chief architects of this mess. How can they justify their behaviour from 8/05 - 4/06? Was it sheer incompetency or lack of manpower that led to this fine mess. I am short of the choicest expletives for these morons. May they rot in hell...

Even the normally super-efficient TSC realised our status as the 'second class filers' and consigned our cases to some warehouse. Why would they care? They know when some of us have waited 8 months already what is anathor 3-4 months more.

God help us now in this GC journey.

:(

Endeavour2003 said:
Have you taken a look recently at the Vermont Service Center I-140 / I-485 threads. They are approving I-140/I-485 concurrent filings as late as Jan 2006. Many many of these I-140/I-485 filings are getting approved on the same day.

I-140 Approval Notice

How long does it takes to receive the approval notice in mail? My I-140 case was transferred to TSC from CSC and approved on April 21, 2006. I received an email indicating the same. Neither my attorney nor my employer has received the approval notice yet. I am bit worried :eek:

Wow...

This is concurrent EB2 140 filed on Sept 30th and approved on April 21st. Thats a great news. Whats 3 digit DDD work day number in 140 receipt notice (WACYYDDD).

Ahaly,

Do you see this approval either in 258-260 database or 001-009 database?

im_1960 said:
How long does it takes to receive the approval notice in mail? My I-140 case was transferred to TSC from CSC and approved on April 21, 2006. I received an email indicating the same. Neither my attorney nor my employer has received the approval notice yet. I am bit worried :eek:

Added to the tracker. But you have not mentioned your 140 RD/ND etc. See the first message of this thread.

im_1960 said:
CSC-EB2 ( LC PD:03/2003 )
I-140/I-485/I-765 RD : 09/30/05
EAD: Approved 02/2006
FP: 10/2005

Please add to tracker

My details:
Category :EB2 (Worldwide)
PD: 02/24/2006 (PERM)
Certified : 03/28/2006
140/485/EAD/AD : 05/05/2006