Cincinnati timeline

Oath completed

I'm done with the whole process.... They have another oath ceremony next Friday, so for those who're waiting, u may get a date soon. We had about 80 people today. The officer told me that they have one in Dayton every other month & once a month in Cincinnati, but they've been having quite a few per month lately. Don't know if elections have anything to do with this.

Here's my entire N-400 schedule:
Filed N-400 in July 2003
Finger-printing in August 2003
Interview in August 2004
Oath in September 2004

All the best to all. Hope this is useful for those in waiting!
Best wishes,
Rappu

had my interview this afternoon and they gave me the oath letter at the interview - the oath is TOMORROW!!!

will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Next oath date is October 8 in Cincinnati.

E

Eszter said:
had my interview this afternoon and they gave me the oath letter at the interview - the oath is TOMORROW!!!

will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Next oath date is October 8 in Cincinnati.

E

wow thats great congrats,
from ur post it seems like u had interview for couple of mins, u went there and they gave u oath letter. no questions? no documents? no history test? no review of N 400 application? u are lucky.

thanks for ur post. it was very informative.

yup, that is pretty much how it went.
very quick review of N-400, 8 test questions (all from the sample 100), no english language test. the interview itself took maybe 10 minutes. with the oath date, i got lucky, someone cancelled tomorrow's appearance while i was interviewing so they filled that spot with me.

i am thrilled - i can actually vote in november!

E

it's over!!
i am now a naturalized citizen. the process was fairly quick and well-organized. arrived at 1 pm, done by 2:30. all officers in cincinnati are courteous and fair.

my timeline:

RD 12/29/2004
FP 02/05/2004
Interview 09/23/2004
Oath 09/24/2004

now i can start my mom's green card..

E

I've filed the I-130 and and I-485 for my mom who is visiting me right now. So, from one wait to another. I turned in all her paperwork on the 20th of Sept.

Hey, guys.... I got my mom's fingerprinting letter already!! I'm quite impressed with Cinti's timing... I guess that it'll take a year from now. But, just had to share this with Ester. So, hurry up & send in your mom's paperwork.

Today's the last day to register to vote. So, don't forget!

Good luck,
Rappu

Mom's greencard

Eszter said:
it's over!!
i am now a naturalized citizen. the process was fairly quick and well-organized. arrived at 1 pm, done by 2:30. all officers in cincinnati are courteous and fair.

my timeline:

RD 12/29/2004
FP 02/05/2004
Interview 09/23/2004
Oath 09/24/2004

now i can start my mom's green card..

E

First of all Congratulations, I am new to this forums.

Did you apply green card for your mother?

I would like to find out what are the documents required and also helpful suggestions for applying green card for my mother. I would like to prepare the package ready for applying green card for my mother.

Please reply at your convenience.

03N400Applicant

Mom's green card

rappu said:
I've filed the I-130 and and I-485 for my mom who is visiting me right now. So, from one wait to another. I turned in all her paperwork on the 20th of Sept.

Can you please give me some suggestions or guidelines regarding applying green card for my mother?

My mother has been visited me couple of times (stayed for atleast 1-1/2 year with legal visitor visa extensions). Currently she is visiting me on the visitor visa again, I would like to apply for her green card as soon as I get my citizenship.

I would like to find out what are the documents required and also helpful suggestions/tips for applying green card for my mother. I would like to prepare the package ready for applying green card for my mother.

03N400Applicant

03N400Applicant said:
Can you please give me some suggestions or guidelines regarding applying green card for my mother?

My mother has been visited me couple of times (stayed for atleast 1-1/2 year with legal visitor visa extensions). Currently she is visiting me on the visitor visa again, I would like to apply for her green card as soon as I get my citizenship.

I would like to find out what are the documents required and also helpful suggestions/tips for applying green card for my mother. I would like to prepare the package ready for applying green card for my mother.

03N400Applicant
Get the information you need from the USCIS website: http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/parentapp.htm#After
Pay attention at the title at the bottom: After Filing Your Petition

Cincinnati...

Looks like this thread is on the sleep mode. Hence I will try to reactivate it. Anybody from Cincy out there? Hello....

Cincinnati....

Hi ,

My status as of today for Cincinnati is

Filed N-400 in Oct 2005
Finger-printing in Nov 2005
Interview in Feb 3, 2006
Oath ??

Cleveland, OH

Though I do not belong to Cincy DO, I thought it might be helpful to get an overall idea of how N400 processing is progressing in OHIO state as a whole. My signature says it all about my case.