Cincinnati timeline

Has anyone has filed N-400 in end of 2007 or 2008? I am trying to gauge how much time it takes to process N-400 at Cincinnati. I filed on 04/29/08.

Hi all,
I just call 800 number,but the OP said my case is pending and she couldn't find any information for my fingerprints and name check,just let me to wait for 7 month.is that mean my name check have not been finished yet?
Thanks.Here is my time line:
N-400 mailed - 6/21 via USPS
Received - 6/23
Check cashed - 6/25
PD-6/23
FP notice - 7/7
FP scheduled - 7/14 in cincinnati, OH...
FP DONE - 7/16
FP sent back -7/16
case pending? - 7/28 call OP
IL - ???
oath - ???

Anyone in cincinnati recently alppied for N-400?

Re: Cincinnati

I submitted my N 400 on March 26th 2008 and they mailed me the interview letter around 2 and half months later. My interview dated was June 16th. I am still waiting for the ceremony.

I hope those information is useful to you.

I would like to know others waiting period for oath ceremony in cincinnati.

Thanks!

Susan,Thanks for your post.
Did you check online for your case status?or call USCIS?
Can you post your timeline,just like this:

N-400 mailed - 6/21 via USPS
Received - 6/23
Check cashed - 6/25
PD-6/23
FP notice - 7/7
FP scheduled - 7/14 in cincinnati, OH...
FP DONE - 7/16
FP sent back -7/16
case pending? - 7/28 call OP
IL - ???
oath - ???
Thanks.

RE cincinnati

If you want to know about your interview day, you need to set up an appointment in info pass. I believe it is in the same building you get your finger print but in the 4th floor rm. 4001.

As I understand, they will just tell you to wait:)

I saw other people didn't set up an appointment and just walked him and the officer asked him to leave and refused to talk to him.

By the way, did you get the study material while your finger print?

The officer will ask you 10 questions and you will have to write and read one sentence.

Re cincinnati

Yes I have been checking my case everyday online, but they never updated anything.

The following message is what I get since march:
Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On March 31, 2008, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

N400
Mailed - Mar 26th 2008
Recipt Letter: April 4th 2008
Finger print letter: April 10th 2008
Finger printer date: April 24th 2008
Interview letter: April 30th 2008
Interview date: June 16th 2008

Those are the dates of the letter, i cant remember the exact date i got them.

Thank you ,Susan.
I did my fingerprints in the middle of July.The lady who helped me with the fingerprints was very nice,and she ask me if I need the book for study.at last she said good luck to me.I felt very happy there.
I hope my IL will come as early as possible,since I might move to another place,because my hub might get a new job.
I will keep you posted .
Thanks again.
Good luck for you oath!

Being placed in the "queue" means nothing because it could take from one month to 8 months for INS to issue an interview letter after placing an applicant in the queue....Nevertheless, you might hear earlier being in another DO than NYC wherein a big fuzzy-mess is going on...the longest wating time in the country after placing in the queue....Anyway, it's now just a waiting game...perhaps, a time to prepare on the planning after becoming a US citizen....

Last edited by a moderator:
Lisa88,

Did you talk to OP or IO? he/she told you that FP nd NC is all done and you are in queue for Interview?

I called the OP and she has the basic information about my case, typical answer. Then I talked to IO and she told me that it has gone for FP. I called FBI and according to FBI, they have sent back FP results to INS on 4/4/08. She said there is no way to find out about Name check. Is this true?

Your response would be helpful.

Thanks,
OKC_400 (yes, I'm in Oklahoma city)

OKC,
I think IO shoud be able to find out where NC is cleared or not. IO told me my NC was cleared. I hope I will receive IL soon.

Oath

Hey Lisa

Just got my Oath Ceremony Letter! August 22nd 1 p.m.

I hope you will get your interview letter soon. Good luck to your interview.

I cant wait to apply the U.S passport!:D

N400
Mailed - Mar 26th 2008
Recipt Letter: April 4th 2008
Finger print letter: April 10th 2008
Finger printer date: April 24th 2008
Interview letter: April 30th 2008
Interview date: June 16th 2008
Oath letter dated: August 11th 2008
Oath Ceremony date: August 22nd 2008