Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

Dates regression

Chicago and Atlanta will be acting like BECs along with the other two BECs....as per murthy's site...that is good. We have lot's of hope.

Anyway one more thing that would help EB3 people is if you have applied for labor previously you can use that priority date this time around. Well in my case I had applied for labor in 2001. 140 was also approved at that time. I plan to use that as priority date. Unfortunately I lost my job last time, I hope this time it will be ok.

I believe I got this information by searching Murthy's chat responses. I also think that 140 should have been approved previously to get the older priority date and you can get a copy of previously approved I-140 from USCIS using FOIA act. Check following link:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com...&highlight=FOIA

GC_DJ said:
I need some expert advice. My company filed my labour under EB3 and received at Chicago Regional office in Sep, 2004. Since the EB3 dates are regressing to 2002, can my company file one more labour under EB2 in Jan, 2005. Is it legal to have two labour's pending at the same time from the same employer? I do qualify for EB2. Any advice is appreciated.

Yes you can, i spoke to a couple of lawyers and verified it.

case code and processing time

My case is not tech or computer related, is there any processing time difference between tech and non-tech RIR case?
Thanks

barbaraliu said:
My case is not tech or computer related, is there any processing time difference between tech and non-tech RIR case?
Thanks

Yes. I have seen cases filed under nurse, farm worker etc. non-IT catagories got very prompt approvals. Some times just in a week time.

Good Luck.

Rir Denied Chicago

puhrince said:
to find your case # in DOL after it has moved from SESA level, call 312.596.5400 , press 4 to speak to someone and give your details

Hi ,
My case RIR has been denied because of the wrong advertisement window submitted by attorney . when i asked him he said its just an RFE we responded to it before 6 months . but i have not received any thing from chicago DOL yet . Telephonic status still says RIR denied . Is there anyway to check whether they are looking at the Response of my Attorney ?
Thanks for the help
Sathish.N

Sathishk said:
Hi ,
My case RIR has been denied because of the wrong advertisement window submitted by attorney . when i asked him he said its just an RFE we responded to it before 6 months . but i have not received any thing from chicago DOL yet . Telephonic status still says RIR denied . Is there anyway to check whether they are looking at the Response of my Attorney ?
Thanks for the help
Sathish.N
What do you mean "wrong window"?

According to murthy.com:

>Until PERM is published, the Atlanta and Chicago Centers will function as >additional BECs. If PERM is not published, an alternate regulation will be >required to eliminate the SWAs' intake of labor certification cases. The >Atlanta and Chicago Centers will function as national processing centers.

Do you guys think filling the labour in Jan, 2005 make any difference regarding the processing time vs filling now. I understand that If Perm is published then the processing time should be faster.

In order to take advantage of PERM do we have to apply after PERM is published or all applications received after Dec 31, 2004 will be processed under PERM (If perm is published by the end of the year)?

Source: http://www.murthy.com/news/n_doltra.html

Labour Cert Info

I was checking some random cases in the range 05431300-05431399 and found a lot of december 30th cases processed but all done in last week of september, and also there were many from the same day in received status, so it looks like our friends at DOL stopped working after december 30th cases and also no approvals in the month of october at all, the last day i saw any approval was septmeber 27th.

My experience before joining my company was 20 months . Does it mean that I have a higher chance of receiving a RFE or my application getting rejected? Did anyone from Chicago area get approved with this amount of experience?

Translation...

Translation...
On September 29, 2004, Labor Department had issued proves the direct plan by the laborer which transits to PERM. Many new regulations completely changed the existing laborer to prove the requisition procedure, and in future 12 months comprehensive implementation. Because the new regulations involve situation extremely complex, in addition a series of element of certainty, does not make the populace process the understanding extremely to be regarding this difficult, and has created many misunderstandings and the anxiety. In order to help the populace to understand this set of new regulations the exhaustive content, dispels the populace to the new regulations anxiety, we specially were responsible for the official with south central several states which the laborer proved the examination and approval to carry on the telephone consultation, and has conducted the careful research to the new regulations.

The new regulations bring most sweeping change is gradually cancels various states department of labor after January 1, 2005 in to try the laborer to prove in the process the majority of functions. Regarding this, some already entered the requisition procedure the applicant worried that, whether the state department of labor could handle the case as usual in the under short two months which submitted, could the state department of labor's officials the will of the people wild uncultivated land. Through was responsible for the official with several states department of labor which examined and approved the laborer to prove to carry on the conversation, we were allowed to draw two conclusions in this: First, formerly processed quite quick state in these, the state department of labor is responsible for the official which examined and approved the laborer to prove still as usual diligently to handle a case, some states even sped up the speed which handled a case, strove for before January 1, 2005 processes the more applications document. But simultaneously, indeed appears the department of labor in individual 积案 specially serious state temporarily to stop handling a case, waits the situation which further instructed. Second, federation Labor Department issued the new regulations are only a direct plan, many details wait for clarify. State department of labor official Tanzania receives, not too has been bright to many operations details, but also in waiting federation Labor Department further instruction.

In exhaustively studies the Labor Department new stipulation in the foundation, the news which the recombination we from are responsible which to examine and approve the laborer to prove the government official place obtain, we the new regulations which issued on Labor Department according to groups make the following analysis. One, if PERM year's end front is unable in 2004 as scheduled to announce Supposes in 2004 year's end before, PERM is unable as scheduled to announce, Labor Department will start the contingency plan. This contingency plan regulations are extremely complex, in order to be advantageous for the reader to understand, we first make this new regulations the schematic drawing, then matches again by the writing explanation. Various states department of labor transition period processes the laborer to prove the application schematic drawing
=====Picture 1 &2====

The federation Labor Department district office transition period processes the laborer to prove the application schematic drawing
=====Picture 3=====
If on the chart, the Labor Department contingency plan core has not been before disperses concentrates the nationwide processing center to various states department of labor and the Labor Department district office function. In a this plan project actually already started. As early as in July, 2004, Labor Department once issued "reduces laborer's to prove the application backlog case the measure", stipulated not yet starts various states department of labor as well as the Labor Department district office the backlog case which processes to deliver two national processing center centralism processing. According to this measure, Labor Department separately set up two in the Philadelphia and Dallas specially to handle the backlog case the center. These two centers already started in the beginning of October to move, planned first step first process the federation Labor Department various district office the backlog document, second step of rehandling various states department of labor's backlog document. The backlog document processing sequence is defers to various states department of labor to receive a date, after first comes. Since like this, has quite advantageously managed the applicant in these processing speed quite slow state which the laborer proves quite advantageously, on the contrary manages the applicant to these in processing speed quite quick state which the laborer proves not too to be advantageous. In at the same time, various states department of labor's and Labor Department's district office processes the laborer which already started to process to prove the application document as usual. Labor Department estimated that, through this measure, all laborers will prove the backlog document to finish in two years internal processing.

During processing backlog document, Labor Department has separately set up two nationwide centralism processing center in Chicago and Atlanta, substitutes for various states department of labor as well as the federation Labor Department various district office processes the function which the laborer proves. These two centers estimated will start in 2004 year's end to revolve, at the appointed time, various states department of labor and the Labor Department district office will stop the laborer which will process newly receives proving the application document. All new laborers will prove the application document all to change to two national processing center centralism processing. Concrete step as follows: Various states department of labor must continue before January 1, 2005 to accept and to process the laborer to prove the application document. Case already processed which to January 1, 2005 before, various states department of labor pressed the old procedure to change to Labor Department the district office processing. Already opened the case to January 1 before which actually not yet processed, various states department of labor had to continue to process, after processing finished changes to Chicago or Atlanta's national processing center again. Gets up from January 1, 2005, various states department of labor although continues to accept the laborer to prove the application, but no longer opens the case which receives, but is after gets receives a date straight to switch through toward Chicago or Atlanta's national processing center.

Second, if PERM year's end front as scheduled announces in 2004 Supposes in 2004 year's end before, PERM finalizes a manuscript the smooth issue, and officially becomes effective after issue 60 days, various states department of labor from will become effective the date no longer to accept the laborer to prove the application. Issued from PERM becomes effective this period of time, various states department of labor accepts the laborer to prove the application as usual. After PERM becomes effective, various states department of labor's function will defer to PERM the stipulation large adjustment, mainly will concentrate is determining aspect and so on Prevailing Wage. If PERM as scheduled announces, Labor Department will inform various states department of labor 61st days no longer to accept the new laborer since the announcement to prove the application document. The application document already accepted which as for various states department of labor, how will Labor Department separate inform to process. Third, conclusion Federation Labor Department will have the possibility in further to announce this new regulations from now on very much the implementation regulation, and makes the adjustment to present some measures. Asks everybody to pay attention to the current political situation by all means must the development. In view of the present not bright situation, we believed that, already met the requirement to apply for the foreign laborer which the laborer proves, should please experienced attorney analyze, designs the feasible emergency measure. Like this both can avoid negatively waiting for that, causes delay the opportunity (some people and so on PERM, one and so on is two years), and can deal with the new request which the new change brings.

Attorney Zhou Jian is senior attorney which Zhang Zherui unites the law office, has handles several hundred laborers to prove the case the experience. Attorney Zhang Zherui is director which Zhang Zherui unites the law office attorney, fine to handles each kind of immigrant case. Needs to immigrate the service customer to be allowed to relate with them. Hueston address: 7,324 Southwest Freeway, Suite 1088, Houston, TX 77,074 Chicago address: 6 E. Monroe St. Suite 602, Chicago, IL 60,603 telephones: 1-800-230-7040, 1-800-920-0880, 713-771-8433 Email: Jzhang@hooyou.com or visits their website: Http://www.hooyou.com

lateguy said:
Looks like a different language. Wouldn't it be nice if someone writes a brief of what it contains? :confused:

jaan76 said:
Translation...
On September 29, 2004, Labor Department had issued proves the direct plan by the laborer which transits to PERM. Many new regulations completely .........

jaan76, Thanks for your time and effort. That was very helpful.

K

Someone, please explain what will happen to the case that was transferred from Michigan to Chicago DOL in Jan 2004.

Thanks in advance.

Processing times till Dec, 2004

Hi,

I read somewhere that almost all States have stopped processing any further cases and are waiting till Jan, 2005 for things to start again. Could people on this list verify this.

Thanks.

ag777 said:
Someone, please explain what will happen to the case that was transferred from Michigan to Chicago DOL in Jan 2004.

Thanks in advance.

I think it will gather dirt for a long time and then it will move to one of the BECs.

My LC is RD at Chicago in May 2004 in regular stream and started with SWA in Dec 2003. Will it go to backlog reduction center? What are the advantages for me if I change company and file with new company around December 1st week. Will I be in better shape? I feel so, any body shed more light on my situation.

knowDOL said:
My LC is RD at Chicago in May 2004 in regular stream and started with SWA in Dec 2003. Will it go to backlog reduction center? What are the advantages for me if I change company and file with new company around December 1st week. Will I be in better shape? I feel so, any body shed more light on my situation.

Since the operation of the to-be established NPC is an uncertain issue, I will not recklessly assume that the new NPC will be more efficient than other agent.