Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

I agree with ADP, we should not expect anybody openning our files until Jan, 2005. If infact our files go to BEC, people with priority date in 2004 have to wait for few years for their approval.

Yeah, I agree..guys there is nothing we can do as of now..but just sit and wait....i had just hoped my LC will be done by this year..my Chicago Regional Recvd date is Jan- 2004..but (un-luckliy now!!) my SWA was cleared in 3 months....so...pretty sure I will have to wait for more than a year now... :rolleyes: . Guys, don't go by what the customer service people at DOL tell u...they are just telling whatever comes to their mind...all cases are boxed up and going on to NPC's...first they tried to sell me that ##it..but when i asked them about NPC and i just told them that my lawyer had informed me...they told me it is true and that they are boxed up...when i asked them why they say one-thing at one time and another thing the next...they put me on hold..and never got back....I have decided to stop thinking about this...there really is no point now..i am all for completing my 6 years and looking at India as an option...morover..with outsourcing all the jobs are being taken over by new people coming here...so...no point in killing yourself here when u can easily go back and manage these very people from india....just a way to keep myself going..

Goodluck to all!!

brs

Hi,

My application was filled in MI, Jan 2003 and it was forwarded to Chicago June 30th and filled July 2nd in Chicago office. Normally my case suppose to forward to regional office some time Feb or march 2004 because of a query took almost 3months time. Did I loss my priority in the regional processing? When I can expect some news from chicago office?

Did anyone talk to your attorney about this new processing system. I saw some conflicting statements about memo. Someone says first oldest Federal cases goto BECs and then oldest SWA cases. In that case, SFO cases will go first to BECs and then Atlanta, .....

Can someone please talk to your attorney and post the genuine information. Because, let's say even if we reapply for fresh labor under NPC after Jan1'05, will that come fast? Guys, anyways, we are screwed in this country with this new process. I don't think this will help us anything.

Based on my understanding, all pending cases have to go one of the BECs by end of March31. That means, will they work until that date? One thing I understood, all new labor cases after Jan1st will goto one of the NPC.

Please share your thoughts.

New info about Chicago dol labor

Hi guys,

I visited the forum everyday and saw all kind of information on labor department reorg. A lot conflicting information. Today, after trying 100 times, I finally got through and had a chance to talk to an officer on the phone. The information I got is favourable of RIR cases. From what I heard,(again it's the up today information, it might change), the RIR will stay at Chicago DOL and the regular labor will move to those reduction centers. Also they create two unique teams, one for the perm labor and another for the temp labor. last year, the pile of temp cases slow down the perm labor a lot. They will finish the move in three weeks. Hopefully everything will speed up in December.

Cheers.

As the topic continues

Well hoping jobs to get a faster greencard i thought i had my journey completed with atleast the labor when my state labor from IOWA was approved in 15 days and regional was 2 months away. I was the 22nd of December'2003 ... but here I am still waiting.

I kept reading all these threads ... but I really cannot understand the whole scenario. What is happening and how will it effect us ... please do let me know ...

Thanx a lot for continued belief inspite of all these problems in our way ...

neo420 -- caught in the matrix

neo420 said:
Well hopping jobs to get a faster greencard i thought i had my journey completed with atleast the labor when my state labor from IOWA was approved in 15 days and regional was 2 months away. I was the 22nd of December'2003 ... but here I am still waiting.

I kept reading all these threads ... but I really cannot understand the whole scenario. What is happening and how will it effect us ... please do let me know ...

Thanx a lot for continued belief inspite of all these problems in our way ...

neo420 -- caught in the matrix

gc_1215 said:
Did anyone talk to your attorney about this new processing system. I saw some conflicting statements about memo. Someone says first oldest Federal cases goto BECs and then oldest SWA cases. In that case, SFO cases will go first to BECs and then Atlanta, .....

Can someone please talk to your attorney and post the genuine information. Because, let's say even if we reapply for fresh labor under NPC after Jan1'05, will that come fast? Guys, anyways, we are screwed in this country with this new process. I don't think this will help us anything.

Based on my understanding, all pending cases have to go one of the BECs by end of March31. That means, will they work until that date? One thing I understood, all new labor cases after Jan1st will goto one of the NPC.

Please share your thoughts.

I have not received any information from my attorney. My priority date in the state is Jan, 20th 2003. July, 02 2004 filled in Chicago.. Can I maintain my priority in the whole process?

stillhope2004 said:
Hi guys,

I visited the forum everyday and saw all kind of information on labor department reorg. A lot conflicting information. Today, after trying 100 times, I finally got through and had a chance to talk to an officer on the phone. The information I got is favourable of RIR cases. From what I heard,(again it's the up today information, it might change), the RIR will stay at Chicago DOL and the regular labor will move to those reduction centers. Also they create two unique teams, one for the perm labor and another for the temp labor. last year, the pile of temp cases slow down the perm labor a lot. They will finish the move in three weeks. Hopefully everything will speed up in December.

Cheers.

This is very good news, If they do not move the RIR cases to BRC. Thanks for the info.

mohan_raghukul said:
Yeah, I agree..guys there is nothing we can do as of now..but just sit and wait....i had just hoped my LC will be done by this year..my Chicago Regional Recvd date is Jan- 2004..but (un-luckliy now!!) my SWA was cleared in 3 months....so...pretty sure I will have to wait for more than a year now... :rolleyes: . Guys, don't go by what the customer service people at DOL tell u...they are just telling whatever comes to their mind...all cases are boxed up and going on to NPC's...first they tried to sell me that ##it..but when i asked them about NPC and i just told them that my lawyer had informed me...they told me it is true and that they are boxed up...when i asked them why they say one-thing at one time and another thing the next...they put me on hold..and never got back....I have decided to stop thinking about this...there really is no point now..i am all for completing my 6 years and looking at India as an option...morover..with outsourcing all the jobs are being taken over by new people coming here...so...no point in killing yourself here when u can easily go back and manage these very people from india....just a way to keep myself going..

Goodluck to all!!
i agree, i talked to them today and they tell me , cases wont go to the BRC for "a while" . I asked how long , - "can't tell you", I say : "ok my case is april 2004, is that going ?" "it will be processed in a while since we are now doing "dec 24". I think they have been instructed to be tight-lipped .

Good times are ahead

I got this info from SF DOL Thread:
>
I got some info from my attorney,

As we previously reported, the Backlog Reduction Centers (BRCs) have been staffed and are starting operations. They are located in Dallas and Philadelphia. Files located at the DOL in those two regions have already been transferred to the BRCs and are in the process of data entry at the new centers. In addition, 20,000 cases from San Francisco's DOL region have also been sent for data entry to the BRCs. Dallas, Philadelphia and San Francisco are the three regional offices with the largest backlogs and it is anticipated that they will be processed in date order on a First In/First Out basis. After these initial cases are cleared, the contractors at these backlog centers will monitor the sizes and backlogs and processing times at other regions and will determine the methodology for identifying and selecting batches of cases from the remaining regions to transfer to the centers.
>

By reading this I would say BRCs will be busy with cases from Dallas and SF for a while. So our cases will be processed at Chicogo for quite some time. Hope is on the way (Borrowed from John Kerry campaign slogon).

GC_DJ said:
I got this info from SF DOL Thread:
>
I got some info from my attorney,

As we previously reported, the Backlog Reduction Centers (BRCs) have been staffed and are starting operations. They are located in Dallas and Philadelphia. Files located at the DOL in those two regions have already been transferred to the BRCs and are in the process of data entry at the new centers. In addition, 20,000 cases from San Francisco's DOL region have also been sent for data entry to the BRCs. Dallas, Philadelphia and San Francisco are the three regional offices with the largest backlogs and it is anticipated that they will be processed in date order on a First In/First Out basis. After these initial cases are cleared, the contractors at these backlog centers will monitor the sizes and backlogs and processing times at other regions and will determine the methodology for identifying and selecting batches of cases from the remaining regions to transfer to the centers.
>

By reading this I would say BRCs will be busy with cases from Dallas and SF for a while. So our cases will be processed at Chicogo for quite some time. Hope is on the way (Borrowed from John Kerry campaign slogon).

I do not want to sound a pessimist but if you read between the lines the situation is not that optimistic for Chicago. Following is an abstract from the reorganization memo.

# If the State Offices have cases which were received but unopened or processed, such cases are required to be transferred to the BECs in Philadelphia and Dallas under the following schedules:
# 10/1/04: Large number of oldest cases will be transferred to the BEC from San Francisco.
# Early October - End of October 2004: The oldest cases from other Regions and States will be transferred to the BEC.
# January - March 2005: Rest of the backlog cases will be transferred to the BEC (Philadelphia, Dallas) or the Regional Offices in New York, Boston, San Francisco.

Read the LAST bullet. Only New York, Boston and San Francisco Regional offices might remain operational till March of 2005. I agree that Chicago cases may not go to BEC for long time but I have no hopes that they are going to process any more cases here. They are saying Dec 24 for more than 2 weeks now but we have not seen a single approval. Moreover I believe that the CHIC DOL staff is being moved to Chicago NPC and must be under training for the new procedures of NPC or PERM. They also confirmed to one of our forum members that all the files are boxed.

I think the CHIC DOL officers are lying most of the time to our forum members when they say that they are processing our cases. While some of the other Regional offices such as Boston are still approving cases CHIC DOL has “BOXED” our fate for a long time but do not want to say so.

questions we need to know answers

Hi guys,

After we read infomation the forum, I think we have the general questions in mind:

What will happen to RIR case in Chicago dol?
What will happen to regular case in Chicago dol?

Whether our case will stay at Chicago dol?
If moved, will it go to BEC/BRC in Philp or go to NPC at Chicago?

If the case goes to NPC at Chicago, how will it prioritizes against cases from other regional office?

If the case goes to BEC.BRC at Phips, how will it prioritizes against cases from other regional office?

I suggest that when we talk to our lawyers, we can try to get these questions clearified. My sense is that by only reading those memos on the internet, we created a lot of assumption and guess ourselves.

United is strength.

RAKADH said:
Does this imply that PERM might come into effect starting 2005? Does anybody have any substantial news on PERM?

At this moment only WhiteHouse can answer this questions because they are sitting on PERM for so many months. We can hope to get some clarity on PERM soon after the elections.

It seems DOL decided to implement the reorganization assuming that PERM will be approved and released after the elections. In case PERM is not approved then they will follow the old system of regular, RIR and Limited Review Labor process under federal processing at NPC. I thnik they also do not know the fate of PERM hence preparing for both.

DOL Reorganized

10/26/2004: Addresses of Reorganized "National" Foreign Labor Certification Centers
(Effective 11/01/2004)

DOL HQ

William Carlson, Chief (National CO)
USDL/ETA, Office of National Programs, Division of Foreign Labor Certification, 200 Constitution Avenue, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20210
T202-693-3010
F202-693-2768

National Processing Centers

Atlanta Processing Center
Gene Caso, Foreign Labor Certification Manager, 233 Peachtree Street, Suite 410, Atlanta, GA 30303
T404-562-2115
F404-562-2153

Chicago Processing Center
Charlene Giles, Foreign Labor Certification Manager, 844 North Rush Street, 12th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611
T312-596-5400
F312-596-5401

National Backlog Processing Centers

Philadelphia Backlog Center
Stephen Stefanko, Foreign Labor Certification Manager, 1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
T484-270-1500
F484-270-1598

Dallas Backlog Center
John Bartlett, Foreign Labor Certification Manager, 700 North Perl Street, Suite N400, Dallas, TX 75211
T214-767-4980
F214-767-4788

Regional Offices (Interim)

Boston/NY Regional Offices
Dolores DeHaan, CO, 201 Varick St., Room 755, NY, NY 10014,
T212-337-2184,
F212-337-1342
JFK Federal Bldg, Room E-350, Boston, MA 02203,
T617-565-4446,
F617-565-2158

San Francisco Regional Office
Martin Rios, Co, 71 Stevenson St., Suite 820, San Franciso, CA 94119
T415-975-4601
F415-975-4660

The foregoing chart reflects that initially the same number of organizations at the same locations will operate just as the current 6 Regional Offices. However, the surviving regional offices in Boston/New York and San Francisco will be phased out first as soon as the transfer of the backlog cases in these regions are completed, and the two backlog centers will be phased out in approximately two years after completing adjudication of all the backlog cases in excess of 300,000. Eventually, there will remain only two foreign labor certification offices: National Processing Center in Atlanta and National Processing Center in Chicago. This plan of operation is not likely affected by the PERM Program, assuming that the OMB approves the PERM regulation.

Source: www.immigration-law.com