Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

rest_2004_free said:
maybe inside the box....

I really get frustrated when I see most other DOL Regional offices still approving cases while the reorganization is being implemented. I recently noticed some very quick approvals (including today) on various forums including Boston, Atlanta, Dallas and other Regional Offices.

Only our Best Friends at Chicago Regional Office decided to BOX our files and relax. And then tell us lies that they are processing Dec 24.
VERY Frustrating.
:mad:

Chicago RIR case will stay

APD said:
One of the BECs. Philadelphia or Dallas
Now don't ask WHEN !!!! :(

Hi ADP,

If what I heard from the officer at Chicago dol yesterday is true. RIR case will not move to BEC at phil/dallas, it will stay at Chicago.

stillhope2004 said:
Hi ADP,

If what I heard from the officer at Chicago dol yesterday is true. RIR case will not move to BEC at phil/dallas, it will stay at Chicago.

I guess if they do not move our cases to BEC, then it will be in a lock box in Chicago. Next time somebody calls ask them where RIR cases will be processed in the near future.

stillhope2004 said:
Hi ADP,

I wish what you heard turns out true. But then also there is big question as when they will start procesing our cases. They are sitting on them for almost 6 months now and keep telling us that they are going to start the processing very soon. God only knows what thye are doing.

One more Q : EB Numbers ready to retrogress:

EB Numbers ready to retrogress:

In state Department’s October 2004 Visa bulletin it was reported that some EB categories would begin to backlog as early as January 2005.

The million Dollar question has been which countries and which EB categories will backlog and how much? Today we received some information from Washington DC which answers some of these questions.

The EB-3 Category is expected to regress back to 2002 for persons born in India, the PRC and Philippines. The worldwide EB3 category and the EB-1 and EB-2 catagories are expected to remain current.

Source: www.shusterman.com

Last nail in the coffin for EB3

I am going to chillout for two more years, It don't matter now when my labour is approved, I can't apply for 485.

EB3, PD Aug, 2004

new2imm said:
ADP,

Could u pl explain How EB Number's retrogress will affect LC/I-140/I-485 Processing?

Thanks,

You can not apply for 485 till your prority date for your EB catagory is current.
Let's say your prioirity date is Aug 2003 and your LC gets approved in Aug 2005 while the priority numbers current at that time are for Aug 2002 then you can not apply for 485. You need to wait till Aug-2003 proiority dates become current.

Hope I have answered your question. Good Luck.

How About CP?

How it affects CP process? Or does it?

"You can not apply for 485 till your prority date for your EB catagory is current.
Let's say your prioirity date is Aug 2003 and your LC gets approved in Aug 2005 while the priority numbers current at that time are for Aug 2002 then you can not apply for 485. You need to wait till Aug-2003 proiority dates become current.

Hope I have answered your question. Good Luck."

jaan76 said:
How it affects CP process? Or does it?

"You can not apply for 485 till your prority date for your EB catagory is current.

Hope I have answered your question. Good Luck."

Your priority date has to be current for both - 485 as well as CP.
There are no short cuts as per my knowledge.

please see the following, much regrets

Hi

I am just cut and pasting what I received from one of my attorney from sheel murthy's office about new regulations and how we are screwed up big time.

everybody who are in the same boat waiting for Chicago Regional approvals can chill out for years not months, this is not to disappoint anybody
but any fresh update ,most welcome to share

-----------------------------------
The attorneys advise the following:

At present, processing times are unpredictable. The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) is restructuring the way that labor certification cases are handled. For more detailed information about this restructuring, please see the article, DOL Sends Transition Plan to SWAs http://www.murthy.com/news/n_dolsen.html, available on MurthyDotCom since October 2004.

Please note that, until the DOL restructuring is complete, reported processing times on the DOL website and other sources are likely to be unreliable. As the labor certification files are moved to Backlog Elimination Centers or National Processing/Perm Centers, they will be entered into the new systems, and we expect to hear from these centers. Files will not be fully settled until at least March 2005, and it may then take several months after that to receive any official information on a file.

Please post your replies

Thanks!

I am trying to call DOL ,but nobody is picking up .If anybody gets a chance to speak to her and she says they are processing RIR cases,PLEASE ask whether ot NOT they are updating AVM .....I dont see any case processed after 22nd Sept in AVM.

Thanks.

If anybody has any idea of regular cases of 2004 in chicago regional are boxed up to go to BEC's. Mine was a conventional case applied to State on Dec 2003. Received by Chicago DOL in May 2004.

url of the avm

chic-dol said:
I am trying to call DOL ,but nobody is picking up .If anybody gets a chance to speak to her and she says they are processing RIR cases,PLEASE ask whether ot NOT they are updating AVM .....I dont see any case processed after 22nd Sept in AVM.

Thanks.

Can you please post the url of the AVM? Everybody is refering to them but I am not sure how exactly I can meet that sucker...

Thanks.

LCA Question

See so many discussion on this forum, though none are encouraging...
BTW if anyone can update, once when a LCA gets transmitted to the Regional Office from State, when actually it gets entered to the AVM that the case has been received.... and Also if the case reflects in the AVM that it has been received imply that the case has been opened or ??? :confused:

Advice

I need some expert advice. My company filed my labour under EB3 and received at Chicago Regional office in Sep, 2004. Since the EB3 dates are regressing to 2002, can my company file one more labour under EB2 in Jan, 2005. Is it legal to have two labour's pending at the same time from the same employer? I do qualify for EB2. Any advice is appreciated.

GC_DJ said:
I need some expert advice. My company filed my labour under EB3 and received at Chicago Regional office in Sep, 2004. Since the EB3 dates are regressing to 2002, can my company file one more labour under EB2 in Jan, 2005. Is it legal to have two labour's pending at the same time from the same employer? I do qualify for EB2. Any advice is appreciated.

As per my knowledge you can but still I would suggest that you talk to a lawyer and confirm

img123 said:
Hi

I am just cut and pasting what I received from one of my attorney from sheel murthy's office about new regulations and how we are screwed up big time.

everybody who are in the same boat waiting for Chicago Regional approvals can chill out for years not months, this is not to disappoint anybody
but any fresh update ,most welcome to share

-----------------------------------
The attorneys advise the following:

At present, processing times are unpredictable. The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) is restructuring the way that labor certification cases are handled. For more detailed information about this restructuring, please see the article, DOL Sends Transition Plan to SWAs http://www.murthy.com/news/n_dolsen.html, available on MurthyDotCom since October 2004.

Please note that, until the DOL restructuring is complete, reported processing times on the DOL website and other sources are likely to be unreliable. As the labor certification files are moved to Backlog Elimination Centers or National Processing/Perm Centers, they will be entered into the new systems, and we expect to hear from these centers. Files will not be fully settled until at least March 2005, and it may then take several months after that to receive any official information on a file.

Please post your replies

Thanks!

Guys,

What a desperate situation we all are in. At this rate of work at Labor, it will be well over an year, before we can hope to have our files touched at Chicago, another year for answering the RFEs and NOFs. By that time all the EBs will regress, add another two to three years for the I140, plus how many more years for the 485, and boy, it is time to retire !!!!

My user name should be changed from Higcoptimist to Higcpessimist !!!!!!!

Again, let's still hope, after the elections, things will be better

Restructuring Info

DOL Transition Watch: DOL Provides More Insight

We reported in our October 22, 2004 MURTHYBULLETIN on the ongoing transformation
in the process for labor certification adjudication. That article, entitled "DOL
Sends Transition Plan to SWAs" <http://www.murthy.com/news/n_dolsen.html>, is
available on MurthyDotCom. This has raised many questions. We recently received
additional clarification, based on an October 8, 2004 meeting between key staff
members of the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and members of the American
Immigration Lawyer's Association (AILA). Additional information was also
provided to AILA on October 15, 2004. These details shed more light on the DOL
transition plan.

DOL Vision for Uniform Processing Times and National Standards

The October 8, 2004 meeting included a tour of the new Backlog Elimination
Center (BEC) in Philadelphia. The DOL confirmed that the BECs have a new
software system in place to begin processing the backlogged cases. The DOL
shared its vision with AILA; to process all temporary (H2A, H2B) and permanent
labor certification filings at the two national processing centers in Atlanta
and Chicago that report directly to national headquarters. This vision includes
the development of uniform national standards and processes.

Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs)

DOL understands that, before its long-term vision can be accomplished, the
backlog of 310,000 labor certification cases must be addressed. These are the
cases that will be transferred and processed at the BECs in Philadelphia and
Dallas within the next two years. To accomplish this goal, each BEC is staffed
with 35-40 federal employees and approximately 100 contract workers. The
contract workers will provide administrative support and the federal employees
will adjudicate the cases. Recruitment efforts to fill the federal employee
positions included notifying the State Workforce Agencies (SWAs) of the
available positions. Dallas has completed more of its recruitment than
Philadelphia.

Approximately 10,000 cases are in the Philadelphia BEC and contractors are in
the process of entering data on the cases that were transferred from the
Philadelphia Regional Office. Once the data is input, DOL will send Center
Receipt Notification Letters (CRNL), expected to go to the employers having
filed the labor certifications or to the attorneys of record on the cases. These
letters will require response within 45 days to indicate the cases are still
viable. If a response on a case is not received within 45 days it will be closed
by the DOL, which has indicated that there will not be flexibility on this
45-day deadline.

The next batch of cases to be transferred to the BECs will be approximately
20,000 cases from the San Francisco Region (Region VI). The BECs will use a
First-In / First-Out (FIFO) approach to all cases, meaning that the oldest cases
will be processed first. A contractor has been hired specifically to determine
which regions have the oldest cases and how to efficiently transfer these cases
to the BECs. Though FIFO will be used for both RIR and traditional labor
certification cases, they will each have a separate track. This means that an
RIR processed under the FIFO system likely still will be processed faster than a
traditional labor certification processed on a FIFO basis.

PERM / National Processing Centers

If and when PERM is implemented, the Atlanta and Chicago Centers will directly
process cases. These PERM Centers, also referred to as the National Processing
Centers (NPCs), are building an infrastructure for web-based filing. The Chicago
Center is already in the midst of being established. Each Center is in the
process of hiring approximately 50 primarily federal employees. DOL also has a
curriculum prepared to train its new staff. Temporary processing (H2As and H2Bs)
will be migrated to the two NPCs. The transfer is expected to be completed by
the end of the year. DOL still expects the PERM regulation to be published by
the end of 2004, but, as regular MurthyDotCom and MURTHYBULLETIN readers are
aware, there is no guarantee that PERM will now be published.

Until PERM is published, the Atlanta and Chicago Centers will function as
additional BECs. If PERM is not published, an alternate regulation will be
required to eliminate the SWAs' intake of labor certification cases. The Atlanta
and Chicago Centers will function as national processing centers.

New York and San Francisco Regional Offices

The New York and San Francisco Regional Offices will not close until at least
January 2006. These two offices will continue to process permanent labor
certifications until that time. The DOL is working to integrate the computer
systems of all offices into a uniform national software network.

SWAs

The SWAs will finish processing cases that have already been opened for review
and/or recruitment. All other cases will be eventually transferred to one of the
DOL Centers. The DOL said that the Federal Register should have regulatory
activity published regarding the SWAs before the end of the calendar year.

Conclusion

The last two years have brought major changes to the immigration landscape. The
Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) was abolished and replaced by the
USCIS, ICE, and the CBP. Now, the DOL is restructuring its processes. Throughout
these changes, MurthyDotCom and the MURTHYBULLETIN have provided you with useful
information and analysis. We will continue to assess these changes and update
you, our loyal readers.

© 2004 The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. All Rights Reserved

SOURCE:
http://www.murthy.com