Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

Avm

Any one happen the check the AVM using Employer Phone number.. !!
I'm suprised to see the AVM telling A-Z and Number 0-9....
Has any one had a same experience...

:confused: :mad:

Chicago DOL

I tried calling the AVM, it asks me for my employer tax id.

How do I get to know the status of my case. I have the case # from my lawyer.

I also tried calling 312-596-5400, Opt 4. It asks me to call the AVM.

Can someone help?

tracker_chicago said:
Any one happen the check the AVM using Employer Phone number.. !!
I'm suprised to see the AVM telling A-Z and Number 0-9....
Has any one had a same experience...

:confused: :mad:

Now that one month has been passed since DOL started the moving process and the election is also over ,Is there any chance that they get back to work ...OR will they wait for Thanksgiving and possibly Christmas before getting back to work ???

Nobody picke up at DOL number ,no new update in AVM ...Anybody has any news..?

chic-dol said:
Now that one month has been passed since DOL started the moving process and the election is also over ,Is there any chance that they get back to work ...OR will they wait for Thanksgiving and possibly Christmas before getting back to work ???

Nobody picke up at DOL number ,no new update in AVM ...Anybody has any news..?

If anyone in this forum has access to their attoney then pls contact your lawyer and ask them to find out what is really going on at Chicago DOL and what is going to happen with our cases in next 3-4 months. I think that's the only way to get some relaibale information. Else we all are wasting our time visiting this thread and guesstimating the future.

Good Luck.

I think since the election is over and there is no administration change.. it will all be good for us. Atleast we don't have to worry about transition/new initiatives etc.,

Among all other frustrations, election result seems to be bit comforting. Sorry Kerry :(

Maybe

You can also view it as a loss of some good organization that might have occurred to fasten the existing processes....maybe Kerry could have totally eliminated labor process...140 could have been enough or something. Idea is stetching but it was intended to avoid all this pain.

:D

lateguy said:
I think since the election is over and there is no administration change.. it will all be good for us. Atleast we don't have to worry about transition/new initiatives etc.,

Among all other frustrations, election result seems to be bit comforting. Sorry Kerry :(

He(Kerry) did had one such plan to make PR and Citizenship easy for legal Non-immigrats Who had been living in US for the last 5 years and had been paying taxes correctly. If you had seen the presidential debate.

Anyway, after 6 yrs of living in this country and with retrogression possibility my future as a US-PR is in the air.

:-:)-( This sucks.

rest_2004_free said:
You can also view it as a loss of some good organization that might have occurred to fasten the existing processes....maybe Kerry could have totally eliminated labor process...140 could have been enough or something. Idea is stetching but it was intended to avoid all this pain.

:D

So what is the problem with Retro.? Why is everyone so angry with it? It is just the waiting time increases? Or it simply implies that GC is gonna be a dream. Can we alteast get the extensions as it is now?

Anyways, I am just in my labor (LOL) and into my 6th year....facing a layoff.....................and have a long way to go......India maybe.

Chicago DOL

I dont mean to offend anyone but have been noticing this for a long time now. There have been attempts by users of this thread to let it be known the whole idea of this thread is to discuss abt whats happening in CHICAGO DOL ...lets stick to this plan and not be discussing abt elections and their party rhetoric for their plans on what they "Planned" on doing .....

No has a clue whats happening at Chicago DOL let alone the respective party agenda and most of us here seem to be speculating abt things......which leads to a million other questions / concerns on the speculations and no sooner than later we are going to end up archiving this thread and open a new one.... casue we just discuss abt tons of things not related to the Chicago DOL.

If things are related in general to the DOL let it be posted on the respective thread and if not create a new one that way it would help others who wanna know whats happening or speculations in general...

But again this is my 2 cents ...... like anyone cares ...

Darth_Vader said:
I dont mean to offend anyone but have been noticing this for a long time now. There have been attempts by users of this thread to let it be known the whole idea of this thread is to discuss abt whats happening in CHICAGO DOL ...lets stick to this plan and not be discussing abt elections and their party rhetoric for their plans on what they "Planned" on doing .....

No has a clue whats happening at Chicago DOL let alone the respective party agenda and most of us here seem to be speculating abt things......which leads to a million other questions / concerns on the speculations and no sooner than later we are going to end up archiving this thread and open a new one.... casue we just discuss abt tons of things not related to the Chicago DOL.

If things are related in general to the DOL let it be posted on the respective thread and if not create a new one that way it would help others who wanna know whats happening or speculations in general...

But again this is my 2 cents ...... like anyone cares ...

With due respect to your point of view. Chicago DOL is sleeping for past 6 months. So what do you expect people to post here? Info about APPROVAL of their cases!!!!!!. That's not going to happen for a looooong time.

When I see that 'S1311' is in 6th year of H1 hanging in DOL and facing layoff at this job his only option will be to go back to India if the worst really happens. I am in the same situation and for me to learn that I am not alone in this dark tunnel it is abig relief.

This has become more like a support group rather then just an informationn forum. So let everyone share their openions and feelings till DOL starts working again.

I agree....

Atleast there is one way to vent out the grief....labor dept is screwing everybody so what the heck...

APD said:
With due respect to your point of view. Chicago DOL is sleeping for past 6 months. So what do you expect people to post here? Info about APPROVAL of their cases!!!!!!. That's not going to happen for a looooong time.

When I see that 'S1311' is in 6th year of H1 hanging in DOL and facing layoff at this job his only option will be to go back to India if the worst really happens. I am in the same situation and for me to learn that I am not alone in this dark tunnel it is abig relief.

This has become more like a support group rather then just an informationn forum. So let everyone share their openions and feelings till DOL starts working again.

Again this totally defeats the entire idea of a FOROUM .... I rather go to a forum with 5 pages of relevant information than 50 pages of DOL bashing ..like dol bashing is gonna help the casue.....

It seems we the aspiring immigrants have this notion that America wants us here .... and that they(Immigration Agencies) got to do a better job than they are doing it. Why would they want us to take away a livelyhood of an american who has no place to go to like we can if things turn out bad here ... Im pretty sure we all know it deep down inside "Legal Immigration" is the last thing on the minds of the ppl in Washington.

If they want they can hire more ppl for this casue... all they need to do is raise the fee for the applications and pay the additional recruits .....which the immigration community would gladly accept if things move faster....

But then again thats my point of view not every one has to agree to it ...

I wouldnt call my self a pessimist if thats what the statement would suggest but more a realistic

PS : Im also in my 6th year Visa term as well just incase ppl think that the grass is greener on my side.

May the force be wid ya'll

Interesting...

After dialing 312-596-5400, Opt 4 and then option "2" (RIR info)..It says illegal option.....

Go figure !!!

chic-dol said:
After dialing 312-596-5400, Opt 4 and then option "2" (RIR info)..It says illegal option.....

Go figure !!!

Thats because the Office Move... New Phone Number is 312-886-8000

APD is right, there is nothing that can be done from our site other than working 8 - 12 hours a day with no gain and at the end go back and who knows coming back would be an option keeping the H visa numbers per year as 65000. I am in my fiftth year, time goes I will still be checking these lists. Atleast will know what is happening around.

Darth_Vader said:
Again this totally defeats the entire idea of a FOROUM .... I rather go to a forum with 5 pages of relevant information than 50 pages of DOL bashing ..like dol bashing is gonna help the casue.....

It seems we the aspiring immigrants have this notion that America wants us here .... and that they(Immigration Agencies) got to do a better job than they are doing it. Why would they want us to take away a livelyhood of an american who has no place to go to like we can if things turn out bad here ... Im pretty sure we all know it deep down inside "Legal Immigration" is the last thing on the minds of the ppl in Washington.

If they want they can hire more ppl for this casue... all they need to do is raise the fee for the applications and pay the additional recruits .....which the immigration community would gladly accept if things move faster....

But then again thats my point of view not every one has to agree to it ...

I wouldnt call my self a pessimist if thats what the statement would suggest but more a realistic

PS : Im also in my 6th year Visa term as well just incase ppl think that the grass is greener on my side.

May the force be wid ya'll

Priority Date Retrogression -- Details in Murthy.com

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_rempri.html

:mad: :( :confused:

Lucky Folks, who have their Labour already approved, do not waste any time and work with your employers to File I140/485 without any delay.

Other like me waiting and waiting for Labour and got frustrated, When nothing can be done on our side, why break our heads so much, just wait and see, if things has to work out, then it will.. I'm one of those unlucky folks who thought the Labour would have come long back, but still waiting....
What has to be done on our side, we have done... Rest it has to happen...

Hope for the best, but nothing is end of the life... Opporturnites are always there every where...

Enyoj the period of stay here... Atleast we are previlaged to work here for some time in this country...

Guys working for Indain base company can think of Consular Processing, etc in later dates, but folks like me with fully US based MNC.. Nothing is assured once you leave this country and while you are here.. The job itself isn't assured..
Cheers folks

Last edited by a moderator:
New telephone number of Chicago DOL: (312) 886-8000
Their computer systems are down today, so they cannot give any information. The lady asked me to call tomorrow.

Just spoke with my lawyer. According to him, not all the cases may go to the Backlog Elimination Centers in Dallas and Philly. So, there is a ray of hope, if the cases stay in Chicago.

Thx.

gcin,
Do you know what is the criteria to send the cases to BEC ?
What is the chance that cases with RD Jan'04 will stay in Chicago ?