Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

I think the whole thing is a FARCE..this whole F** GC thing...i think u shud just concentrate on making/saving as much as possible and head back to india...just keeping the satisfaction that anything earned here is still a bonus..considering what we wud have done (earned) otherwise...thats what am thinking of...by the way...I think one more reason for DOL - Department Of Lazy Asses ( nice one!!) to NOT work is that they seem to think they are doin us a FAVOR and they think they're better off not working cos BEC's are there anyway...so have fun..holidays are here......its REALLY frustrating :rolleyes:

Need Some Input

I Called the DOL last friday to know my case #. When i called a lady picked it up and she asked my Last Name, First Name, Employer Phone Number and she told me that my case was transfered to DOL in March and entered into the system in May.....

My question is what's the meaning of "entered into system" ???
1. Means the application is assigned to some one ???
2. Means the application was open ???

Some one who know about this please do reply.... :confused: :confused: :eek:

Thanks
rhythm

mohan_raghukul said:
I think the whole thing is a FARCE..this whole F** GC thing...i think u shud just concentrate on making/saving as much as possible and head back to india...just keeping the satisfaction that anything earned here is still a bonus..considering what we wud have done (earned) otherwise...thats what am thinking of...by the way...I think one more reason for DOL - Department Of Lazy Asses ( nice one!!) to NOT work is that they seem to think they are doin us a FAVOR and they think they're better off not working cos BEC's are there anyway...so have fun..holidays are here......its REALLY frustrating :rolleyes:

I fully agree with you.

I think this is a good idea. We should get our problems in front of the people. If not now, some juniors will get ann advantage. Definitely that will change something for the process of Labor Certificatioin. May be we should contact Raajeev Khanna to draft the letter for us.

gcin05 said:
This is a good idea. I think we should draft a letter and send it to Chicago DOL at the very least.

Any ideas/suggstions as to what should be the contents?

Let us not waste any time in sending this letter.

The DOL is stuck at December 2003 for the last 4-5 months. I just spoke with an operator at DOL. She said that:"processing is still being done but at a very slow pace." When asked if they have boxed up all the pending cases, she replied: "No"
When asked about Backlog elimination centers, she replied:" The cases will go go to the BEC, but don't know when."

rhythmram said:
I Called the DOL last friday to know my case #. When i called a lady picked it up and she asked my Last Name, First Name, Employer Phone Number and she told me that my case was transfered to DOL in March and entered into the system in May.....

My question is what's the meaning of "entered into system" ???
1. Means the application is assigned to some one ???
2. Means the application was open ???

Some one who know about this please do reply.... :confused: :confused: :eek:

Thanks
rhythm

I think it means that you have a priority date of May.

rhythmram,
That means your RD in the DOL is March.They will process your case when they reach March 2004 .
Its entered into system means they just entered your info in the computer/AVM .The cases are normally entered in batches and it takes normally 2/3 weeks to 2/3 months after they receive in DOL .

Hi Friends,

I need some suggestions from your experiences,

Actually I applied my labor in 12/01/03 at Wisconsin State. My employer received a letter from State they are forwarding my case to Chicago DOL on 02/17/04. I waited for while, Chicago DOL didn't enter my case in AVM.
In month of july I heard one case number on my company, I though that was mine. I talked to the DOL Lady, she said this case is not yours, its some others one from your employer.

I contacted my employer regarding this matter, he draffted a letter to State.

Again we received a letter from State, it says "Duplicate case was sent to regional office per request of my company name". on 09/13/04.

I checked AVM in 1st week of October, I heard another 4 cases from my company (totally 5). I though my case is also there in that list.

Yesterday I talked to DOL, that lady says your case was not there in the system. I asked the names of all 5 cases , I noted down on paper.

I talked to the my employer regarding this, Again he is going to prepare another letter to state.

I don't know, what happened to my case (this is bad to me). they have to enter my case in AVM in March 1st week, but still they didn't recive my case.

We have a two letters from State, it says they are forwarding my case to regional office.

Please give suggestions, what I have to do...

Did anybody talked to the lady at DOL if they have resumed processing.They were supposed to do it this week or next week.

Chicago labor certification pace

I called 312-886-8000 and got the update that they are processing Dec 2003. She told me that they are processing but in slow pace. I told her "PACE" is wrong word considering Chicago DOL is there for last 6 months.

Guys, we need action. Some pressure on DOL. I don't think money will be problem if we decide Rajeev Khanna to write a petition to Senator Obama. Writing letter to DOL will be like writing Lalu Prasad about Bihar's pathetic condition.

Cheers !

knowDOL said:
I think this is a good idea. We should get our problems in front of the people. If not now, some juniors will get ann advantage. Definitely that will change something for the process of Labor Certificatioin. May be we should contact Raajeev Khanna to draft the letter for us.

I want to join

Dude let me know what to do....

god_is_hope said:
I called 312-886-8000 and got the update that they are processing Dec 2003. She told me that they are processing but in slow pace. I told her "PACE" is wrong word considering Chicago DOL is there for last 6 months.

Guys, we need action. Some pressure on DOL. I don't think money will be problem if we decide Rajeev Khanna to write a petition to Senator Obama. Writing letter to DOL will be like writing Lalu Prasad about Bihar's pathetic condition.

Cheers !

Ray S. said:
once DOL releases EB3 cutoff dates, backlog will automatically reduce.

What does that mean? I don't recollect hearing about "EB3 cutoff dates" in the context of DOL.

Ray S. said:
there is no hope for EB3 folks after the cutoff announcement, most EB3 labor cases will be withdrawn.

1. I request forum members to post only valid information....i'm following this forum for almost a year now....never came across a word EB3 cutoff dates.....

2. I request forum members not to use this thread for promoting immigration for any other countries.

3. My Advice to the forum members is ...........dont get panic about GC process and dont entertain people who promotes immigration of other countires in this forum.....they can discuss it in other forum threads...

Again, I'm not sure about the Quote posted by RAY.S [Canadian Forum Moderator]....i'm following this forum for almost an year and never heard or talked or discussed about the EB3 Cutoff dates.....
If any one interested in talking about Canadian Immigration...you can very well do it in appropriate threads and not in this forum.... :eek:

Thanks
Ram

what the heck

EB3 word comes into the picture only in 140 stage. Why would DOL differentiate EB2 and EB3...? There is no EB2 or EB3 differentiation with DOL!

Stop the rumors !

Ray S. said:
there is no hope for EB3 folks after the cutoff announcement, most EB3 labor cases will be withdrawn.

Ray S. said:
what are you going to do with an approved labor if your EB3 priority date does not let you adjust status? are you going to stay with that employer for years and years until EB3 becomes current? we have to wait for DOL to release the cutoff dates accordingly you have to decide your future, approved labor has no meaning if you cannot get into AOS.

WHO SAYS ITS YEARS & YEARS ??? THE VISA DATES MOVES EACH MONTHS .. YOU CAN CHECK THE HISTORY OF EB3/2 RETROGRESSION BEFORE POSTING THIS KIND OF MESSAGES. IF somebody has PD of 2003 He will have to wait 1 year not YEARS & YEARS.

THANKS

If you look at Atlanta DOL thread, we talk about EB3 cutoff dates.
Yes, you are right, DOL does not have anything with EB2 or EB3, but definetly will impact when you are ready to apply next phase I 140/485. Some cases like mine pending in Atlanta DOL expecting to be approved end of Dec 2004 ? What is the use of getting approved in end of Dec 2004 or Jan 2005, the joy cannot continue since some of them like my case wont be able to apply I140/485 (concurrent). We have to wait in the queue for our priority dates...

I guess Ray S is correct in bringing about that.....IT IS NOT RUMOUR..

PPl, come out of your labor world and see how priority date cutoff going to affect you.

Last edited by a moderator:
HISTORY - DEC 1997
EMPLOYMENT-BASED

ALL OTHERS CHINA INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES

1st C 01JAN97 C C C

2nd C 08OCT95 01DEC95 C C

3rd C 01NOV93 15DEC94 C C

Other 01JUN90 01JUN90 01JUN90 01JUN90 01JUN90
Workers

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless

If you have previously been approved with labor and 140 with another company in the past and had to re-apply because of layoff from other company....you can claim the previous priority date....I am in this boat and I can claim the priority date of June 18th, 2001 ! There will be situations like that where people can play with.

Ray S. said:
1 year is too long a wait---depending on DOL to release new dates??...gimme a break I've seen EB3 problems in the late 90s, it's a known fact that EB3 applicants around their 6years h1-b or for that matter even with many years on h1-b stand to lose terribly 'cause of too many EB2 applicants. go take a hike moron---get your history right.

Ray S. said:
1 year is too long a wait---depending on DOL to release new dates??...gimme a break I've seen EB3 problems in the late 90s, it's a known fact that EB3 applicants around their 6years h1-b or for that matter even with many years on h1-b stand to lose terribly 'cause of too many EB2 applicants. go take a hike moron---get your history right.

Hey Man.. What's with Language ?? Being a MODERATOR you should know what to write in Public Forum..

here is the history for your reference...

http://www.jackson-hertogs.com/quota/0quota.htm

gp111 said:
WHO SAYS ITS YEARS & YEARS ??? THE VISA DATES MOVES EACH MONTHS .. YOU CAN CHECK THE HISTORY OF EB3/2 RETROGRESSION BEFORE POSTING THIS KIND OF MESSAGES. IF somebody has PD of 2003 He will have to wait 1 year not YEARS & YEARS.

THANKS

I think that the congress will do something in the near future for immigration,especially if they will let the illegals to become legal, they will be obliged to increase the cap for the green card for employment based.so i don't expect that the visa number retrogression will last long.
any thoughts?

Good one

Thanks for the info....I guess Ray like everybody else got swung by emotions....take it easy everybody...let us all focus on sharing valuable information. This link was the best info I have seen in the last few weeks.

gp111 said:
Hey Man.. What's with Language ?? Being a MODERATOR you should know what to write in Public Forum..

here is the history for your reference...

http://www.jackson-hertogs.com/quota/0quota.htm