Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

Dol

gcin05 said:
New telephone number of Chicago DOL: (312) 886-8000
Their computer systems are down today, so they cannot give any information. The lady asked me to call tomorrow.

Just spoke with my lawyer. According to him, not all the cases may go to the Backlog Elimination Centers in Dallas and Philly. So, there is a ray of hope, if the cases stay in Chicago.

Thx.

Does anyone have an update as to what date is the DOL processing, Well i have seen some posts saying that the chicago dol has stopped processing since they are moving, Any updates would be appreciated.

Million $ question

The important question at this point for all of us is –

What criteria they are using to decide whether a specific case has to go to National processing center or backlog clearance center?

Can get the exact answer of above questions? Thanks

manish_shriv said:
The important question at this point for all of us is –

What criteria they are using to decide whether a specific case has to go to National processing center or backlog clearance center?

Can get the exact answer of above questions? Thanks

All pending cases go to BEC, as per the Sep 29th memo. The question will be when they will transfer to BEC.

Source:
http://www.workforceatm.org/sections/pdf/2004/FY05tranguid.pdf

That SUCKS.....
Ww will just sit and wait till our cases are sent to BEC ?I wonder how the other DOLs are processing cases....

Just spoke with the lady at chicago DOL. She said that my case (which was recd. in Jan 2004) was assigned to an analyst in May 2004, but no other actions have been taken on the case.

When asked about the BEC, she said that, "the cases are still being processed in Chicago."

When asked, why the dates are stuck in Dec 2003, she said, "we were busy with temporary cases and special cases etc."

Couldn't ask anything else as she started getting irritated :p

Thx.

Lastest Update

Labor Certification Update

Immigration Daily has learned that work on labor certification applications, both regular and RIR, by many SWAs has been stopped. The SWAs continue to process H2A, H2B, prevailing wage requests, and those labor certification applications for which processing is ongoing. The Transitional Guidance Memo (TG) is a breakthrough, indicating that the structural components of PERM are already here. This marks a major cultural shift for the SWAs. To learn more background information on the SWAs' relationship with DOL, see Gary Endelman's article, "The Lawyer's Guide To 212(a)(5)(A): Labor Certification From 1952 To PERM". The TG did not contemplate that the SWAs would react in this fashion. However, DOL is, to all appearances, acting on an accelerated schedule in the centralization of the labor certification program. Immigration Daily will help you stay on top of this issue.

Source www.ilw.com

What do you say Friends....

Chic DOL Rec july 2004

gcin05,
Did she tell you if they have started processing the RIR cases in the new location yet ?

Thanks.

Well looks like only applicable for SWA not DOL.

GC_DJ said:
All pending cases go to BEC, as per the Sep 29th memo. The question will be when they will transfer to BEC.

Source:
http://www.workforceatm.org/sections/pdf/2004/FY05tranguid.pdf

Well , going thru this memo and the previous documents published by DOL it looks like it is applicable only to cases not opened by SWA or Backloged at SWA.(refer to page 7 last three paragraphs). Basically these centers were supposedly help the elimination of backlog considering the objective of this re-org. and the previous study published, Processing of Cases should continue at regional level except for certain regions. But there is no clear clarification from any of the agencies as of now. So lets keep our fingers crossed and see how things start moving after the holidays....

rgds
Pal.
Note: I'm not an attorney and one of the forum memebrs like you waiting for my LC. Act according to your Attorney's..... standard disclaimer.

Does it mean that pending cases from Chicago DOL will not go to backlog elimination center (BEC) and only cases that are pending (not opened) from SWA will be moved to BECs

Would anyone also tell --Chicago DOL cases will move to National Processing Center or they will stay under Chicago DOL..??

Guys these things are very very important. lets share some more information on above issues.

Thanks

Update on Chicago labor from Attorney

Just got an update on my labor (Chicago DOL) ....and here is the update in
attorney's own words.

---When talked with the Chicago Regional Office, they were processing 12/24/03 applications. They also had packed all the pending applications in boxes and were in the process of moving their office to the new location for the upcoming regional processing office (eventually to be the PERM processing office)---".

"---The DOL will be moving apx. 300,000 pending cases to processing centers. At this time it is not clear where anything will be sent.---"

"---My best guess is that your application will stay with the Chicago regional processing center....once again MY BEST GUESS---"

"---The actual outcome is that I cannot tell you anything for certain because the DOL does not know for certain how this process will move along.---"

"---We (attorneys) took a resolution not to mislead the client/candidates with incomplete information on BEC, PERM, NPC etc. I will let you know once i have complete information on your case. ---"
**************************************************"

My simple question to all of you.

If DOL itself doesnt know how to proceed further, WHY ARE WE making so many assumptions on what will happen in the future. We already have enough headaches in life and these assumptions will add some more. Please be patient, we are in the same boat.

Don't lose hope. When it gets darkest the stars come out.

Thanks

NOTE: I am a forum member like you and not an attorney. Act according to your Attorney's..... standard disclaimer.

Ilwaiting said:
Hi All,

I require some help from you. I have not received a receipt notice for my labor case filed in IL SWA Sep 2003. Now I have to file my H1B extension, do you know if USCIS accepts renew petitions without the notice. Can anyone Please post your experiences?

Not sure if I'm posting in the wrong thread

Thanks

Ask your attorney to contact IL SWA.. They will issue a letter about your case being pending since Sep 2003 which you can use for H1 extension purpose.

OK, I would do so,

Thanks gp111

gp111 said:
Ask your attorney to contact IL SWA.. They will issue a letter about your case being pending since Sep 2003 which you can use for H1 extension purpose.

Hi Friends,

Actually I applied my labor through Wisconcin State on Dec1st,2003. My state labor was approved on feb17th and also my employer got a letter, it says we are forwarding to Chicago DOL for further process.

Chicago DOL, That AVM was not updated my case till Aug. In sept month, my employer approached SESA office, and he sent a request to them. Again State SESA forward my file to Chicago. They updated on their System on Sept 22nd.

Can someone clarify, how long it is going to clear my case they will go by date Sept22nd or Feb 17th.

Thanks, I am waitng for your reply.

How to expedite Chicago Center Regional Foreign labor Processing Time

I have been keeping eye on Foreign Labor Cert Processing Times & Dates for Chicago Regional center since November 2003. At that time it was processing 11/03 for RIR and 08/2002 for regular and now it is processing 12/03 for RIR and 08/2002 for regular. In this pace, to get my labor (RIR) regional approval will take 4 or more years.

Anyone, please do advice, what can be done to bring Chicago Regional DOL processing time to back on the track. I have few ideas:

1. Write to Chicago DOL.
2. Write letter to Labor Secretary
3. Submit petition to energetic senator Bareck Obama.

Please share your experience and ideas .........

Hi Friends,

This is my first post in this Tracker forum. My RIR case was transferred from Wisconsin State SESA on Sept. 29 and forwarded to Chicago DOL for regional processing.
I was given a letter from my attorney showing the date it was forwarded and a WI case file number (starting with #C0....).
I called chicago DOL on their new number, 312-886-8000 and immediately got connected to a lady. I requested that I wish to check if my case has been received (in the computer system) and she asked me my employer name and then my first name. She then informed me that my case was logged into the system on 15th Oct. and she gave me a case number (544xxxx). I also asked what month is being processed right now, and she said December 2003 and also remarked that I should not be checking very soon, as it is going very slow.
Looking at the snail-pace at which the cases are being processed, I think it is just beyond any calculation and prediction as to when actually someone might hear from the DOL. Lets hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

The last case that was certified was received on 12/30/03.

Latest status of a few random cases:

05431275: recd on 12/22/03 has been remanded on 9/13/04
05431290: recd on 12/24/03 has been certified on 9/15/04
05431300: recd on 4/12/04 has been certified
05431325: recd. on 12/30/03 has been certified on 9/17/04
05431380: recd. on 12/29/03 has been certified on 9/21/04
05431400: recd. on 12/30/03
05431500: recd on 1/12/04
05431700: recd on 1/15/04
05431800: recd. on 1/21/04

This is a good idea. I think we should draft a letter and send it to Chicago DOL at the very least.

Any ideas/suggstions as to what should be the contents?

Let us not waste any time in sending this letter.

The DOL is stuck at December 2003 for the last 4-5 months. I just spoke with an operator at DOL. She said that:"processing is still being done but at a very slow pace." When asked if they have boxed up all the pending cases, she replied: "No"
When asked about Backlog elimination centers, she replied:" The cases will go go to the BEC, but don't know when."

god_is_hope said:
I have been keeping eye on Foreign Labor Cert Processing Times & Dates for Chicago Regional center since November 2003. At that time it was processing 11/03 for RIR and 08/2002 for regular and now it is processing 12/03 for RIR and 08/2002 for regular. In this pace, to get my labor (RIR) regional approval will take 4 or more years.

Anyone, please do advice, what can be done to bring Chicago Regional DOL processing time to back on the track. I have few ideas:

1. Write to Chicago DOL.
2. Write letter to Labor Secretary
3. Submit petition to energetic senator Bareck Obama.

Please share your experience and ideas .........

People who entered the country illegally are getting a break, while people who try to follow the law and do things right are all getting screwed.

DOL = Department of Lazy-asses

And not the least...

We pay heavy taxes for their lazy holidays/hardly working days/answer phones and watch TV days. It is like you pay extra insurance just to cover yourself from uninsured drivers.....no wonder I loose all my savings to all this extra things in life....

Omnislash said:
People who entered the country illegally are getting a break, while people who try to follow the law and do things right are all getting screwed.

DOL = Department of Lazy-asses