Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

eb3 cut off date

Here is my valuation about the cut off date for EB-3 starting 1st January 2004.

It will be June 2002.

Service Center Processing Dates posted on 8th Nov 04

Form Title Classification or Basis for Filing Now Processing S. Center
------- ------- ---------------------------------------------- ------------------------ --------------
I-485 Application to register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status Employment-based adjustment applications January 16th 2004 California
I-485 Application to register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status Employment-based adjustment applications May 31st 2002 Nebraska
I-485 Application to register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status Employment-based adjustment applications May 21st 2002 Texas
I-485 Application to register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status Employment-based adjustment applications June 01st 2003 Vermont

Some_GreenCard said:
HISTORY - DEC 1997
EMPLOYMENT-BASED

ALL OTHERS CHINA INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES

1st C 01JAN97 C C C

2nd C 08OCT95 01DEC95 C C

3rd C 01NOV93 15DEC94 C C

Other 01JUN90 01JUN90 01JUN90 01JUN90 01JUN90
Workers

antonioa77 said:
I think that the congress will do something in the near future for immigration,especially if they will let the illegals to become legal, they will be obliged to increase the cap for the green card for employment based.so i don't expect that the visa number retrogression will last long.
any thoughts?
It is simply politics. You cannot expect too much rationale from it.

eb3 cut off date

Here is my valuation about the cut off date for EB-3 starting 1st January 2005.

It will be June 2002.

------- ------- ---------------------------------------------- ------------------------ --------------
I-485 Application to register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status Employment-based adjustment applications January 16th 2004 California
I-485 Application to register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status Employment-based adjustment applications May 31st 2002 Nebraska
I-485 Application to register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status Employment-based adjustment applications May 21st 2002 Texas
I-485 Application to register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status Employment-based adjustment applications June 01st 2003 Vermont

Some_GreenCard said:
HISTORY - DEC 1997
EMPLOYMENT-BASED

ALL OTHERS CHINA INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES

1st C 01JAN97 C C C

2nd C 08OCT95 01DEC95 C C

3rd C 01NOV93 15DEC94 C C

Other 01JUN90 01JUN90 01JUN90 01JUN90 01JUN90
Workers

Backlog Elimination Plan

I found some interesting documents in USCIS website.

1) Backlog Elimination Plan Update: 11/5/04
http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/repsstudies/backlog.htm
2) Backlog Elimination Plan Update: 6/16/04
http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/repsstudies/backlog.htm

A) Excerpt from June 16, 2004 pdf file:
1) Pre-Certification. USCIS is also developing a pre-certification
program for employers of large numbers of temporary
alien workers. Pre-certifying an employer would eliminate the
need for USCIS to conduct background investigations on the
employer’s business viability and ability to pay the proffered
wage every time that employer filed a petition for an immigrant
or nonimmigrant worker. USCIS anticipates that several hundred
large and mid-size companies will take advantage of this
program in the first year alone.
2) Backlog vs. Pending
Backlog = Pending – LastSix Months’ receipts
3) I-485 Backlog Elimination Milestones
FY 04 target (#of applications) : 752,173
FY 05 target : 936,164
FY 06 target : 1,154,635
FY 04 cycle time : 20 months
FY 05 cycle time : 15 months
FY 06 cycle time : 6 months
B) Excerpt from Nov 05, 2004 pdf file:
Eduardo Aguirre , Director U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services:
"We have a plan. We are on track. But we understand that we still
have a long road ahead. There may be bumps and bends along that
road, but we will reach the ultimate goal. By the end of 2006, we will
eliminate the application backlog and achieve six-month cycle times
and in doing so will deliver on the President’s vision immigrants with open arms…not endless lines"

Let us not discourage ourself. Be positive.

Everybody has their own plan. I don't think anybody will just sit @home and wait for their labour or 140/485 to get approved. They will implement their plan if nothing works out.

Last edited by a moderator:
get_me_green said:
Here is my valuation about the cut off date for EB-3 starting 1st January 2004.

It will be June 2002.

june 2002 means those who has priority date before 2002 june can file I485 and I140 concurrently. so all others who has PD after june 2002 will not be able to file. Those who has PD after june 2002 when they will be eligible to apply the I 485 again. Any idea?

PD after june 2002 when they will be eligible to apply

June 2007

June 2002 means those who has priority date before 2002 june can file I485 and I140 concurrently. so all others who has PD after june 2002 will not be able to file. Those who has PD after june 2002 when they will be eligible to apply the I 485 again. Any idea?

jdchicago2003 said:
June 2007

June 2002 means those who has priority date before 2002 june can file I485 and I140 concurrently. so all others who has PD after june 2002 will not be able to file. Those who has PD after june 2002 when they will be eligible to apply the I 485 again. Any idea?

The cutoff date will be published every month in the Visa Bulletin (Usually 15 days before the start of the month). So if your PD is before or equal to the cutoff date, you can apply for I-485.

jdchicago2003 said:
June 2007

In Past USCIS used to move 1 month ahead in PD Cutoff Everymonth.. SO if your PD is August-02 & Cutoff is June-02 you may have to wait for 2 months for PD to move to August-02

indu116 said:
what is PD. Is it a state PD or in region do we get any pd .

thanks
indu

PD : Priority Date
Its the date your labor first applied to SWA/SESA (State Workforce Agency)

June 2002 ?????

I hear everyone saying EB3 will retrogress to June 2002 !!!!
What is the source of this information ? Is it authantic ?
It might be just someone's guess !!!!!
Let's look at the actual facts.

how to check Labor status after remanded letter

Dear all,

My attorny submitted all requested information in my remanded letter from DOL.

Please can some one tell me how much time its take to confirm the approval after providing all requested information and how to check the status.

Thanks in advance

Regards

It is based on the fact that Nebraska is processing I-485 for 21st May 2002 and Vermont is processing May 31st 2002. Dallas and SFO are processing 2003 and 2004 respectively. So one can guess June 2002 to be the cut off date..

Any takers...

APD said:
I hear everyone saying EB3 will retrogress to June 2002 !!!!
What is the source of this information ? Is it authantic ?
It might be just someone's guess !!!!!
Let's look at the actual facts.

get_me_green said:
It is based on the fact that Nebraska is processing I-485 for 21st May 2002 and Vermont is processing May 31st 2002. Dallas and SFO are processing 2003 and 2004 respectively. So one can guess June 2002 to be the cut off date..

Any takers...

I did not understand the relationship you derived between current processing time & Priority Date.. Please explain.

485 Retrogression???

Would there be 2 Priority dates based on RIR & Non-RIR categories. I know once you get to 485 there is no diff between RIR & Non-RIR, but if the dates retrogress that long, then i dont see any advantage doing GC processing through RIR. You may end up getting your Labor Faster(???), but you will end up waiting no matter what, to file your 485. If the PD is all that matters then RIR & Non-RIR categories would be just the same. Again all this is speculation and there is no concrete info as yet.

I cant imagine waiting another 6 months or 1 year to get my Labor, 2 years to file my 485 and then waiting another 2-3 years to get my GC. We are talking about some solid 6 years. In this 6 years i cant take a promotion, cant change my job/lose my job and cant get a substantial hike. I dont think it will be feasible for anybody.

They AILA (Immigration Attorneys Association) would defly do something to speed up the whole process. After all the immigration lawyers are exceptional individuals doing exceptional job. Their contribution to the whole process has been very good and i have full faith in them. This was the comment i got from my Attorney when enquired about the whole delay in the process

"DOL & USCIS may throw us some curves into the process, but we should still be able to get to the outcome we are looking for. All of the changes may not all be bad -- some may be good. Waiting can be the most difficult part of this process. But Dont Panic"

Hi gp111,

The dates I quoted was from service center updated on 8th Nov. 2004. Nebraska is processing cases having priority date 05/21/2002 or before. Vermont is processing priority dates 05/31/2002 or before. Rest other service centers are processing cases for 2003 and 2004.

So based on that I feel that the cut off date for EB-3 will be set to June 2002 and they will change the dates depending how many EB-3 cases have been received by them.

That is my guess...
gp111 said:
I did not understand the relationship you derived between current processing time & Priority Date.. Please explain.

I called DOl and the lady said they are processing Dec 24th cases .The AVM is down .We need to wait for it to be functional to see if any new ststus update.

get_me_green said:
Hi gp111,

The dates I quoted was from service center updated on 8th Nov. 2004. Nebraska is processing cases having priority date 05/21/2002 or before. Vermont is processing priority dates 05/31/2002 or before. Rest other service centers are processing cases for 2003 and 2004.

So based on that I feel that the cut off date for EB-3 will be set to June 2002 and they will change the dates depending how many EB-3 cases have been received by them.

That is my guess...

The service center processing time does not show the current PD (Priority Date)... It shows I-485 ND (Notice Date, the date I-485 received by USCIS)...