Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

LongestLabor said:
Hi CharlesMighty,
you might as well start making some serious noise with your company and lawyers,
non rir has been stuck in August 2002 since more than ten months,
having waited this long, it might not hurt to keep on waiting,
but if I were you,
I'd call the supervisor or ask the company lawyer to call,
though I am in India now--thank God--I am able to sleep without tension,
my company has kept on my app on file,
maybe they will use it for someone else in case I do not join later,
I got an update from my lawyer, stating that it might take anywhere from 2 to 4 years for my case to be processed, since I had very good relationship with them they are proceeding with the case.
Anyway you have your priority date fixed earlier than all of the crowd, so that should be reason enough to be happy.
Best of luck buddy.

Hey LongestLabor,

Whats up man? I've made all the noise that I can and have also pushed my lawyer to call DOL, the only response I got is that we need to wait. I also went out of my way to a diff lawyer paid him his consultation fees and got the same old response "nothing can be done just wait" God I tell you this can be frustrating, we live in the US but beleive me this broken system of immigration is very unfair, burdensome and time consuming. I just saw another post someone with NON-RIR case of PD dec 2003 got aprooved and I am aug 2002, I mean this is so unfair........you can not even rely on DOL's processing dates,ppl after me are approved and I am still stuck..........

Well I can tell you one thing bro, you in the right place in India and I guess your decsion of going there is a good one at least you can live in peace till US is finally ready to give you your GC.

Boilermaker04 said:
I have been a silent participant of this forum for last 10 months. My Non-RIR case was approved last week. Received date was December 1st,2003. Good luck to all of you who are waiting on thier approvals.

Hey Boilermaker,

Guess you and me are in the same boat non-rir but god you are a lucky guy you got aprroved. Good luck...... I have a priority date of aug 2002 and am still waiting......

Hi,

I only have 9 months left before 6 yrs on my H1 visa are up.
My current employer has applied for my GC but I don't think it will survive that long for me to get my GC. I don't have much time left now :(

I am interested in a pre-approved labor .

Please send me details tp help4lc@yahoo.com.

I don't have much time left

After 180 day waiting period

Hellooo2004 I will be in the same situation as yours. My lawyer does not tell me any thing. My labor was recieved at Chicago from MN on Aug 5th. My question to you is, are you planning to leave for good or has your lawyer advised you on how you will be able to come back to the US once your labor will be approved?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Update cases between 5430961 and 5432050...

Between 5430961 and 5432050 we are missing following cases..

5431322-5431671
5431736-5431786
5431887-5432009

Hi Charlesmighty,
the other non rir case was for a non-IT case,
as you might be aware, they are processed out of turn and we cannot do anything about it.
I think there was one other case from Michigan long ago.
But that again was limited review at the regional level,
one of my friend's labor was also limited review and was processed ahead of you.
My lawyer says since mine is a regular review, we cannot do anything, so check if yours is limited or regular review at the regional level,
if its regular,
you can resign yourself to wait a long time and not waste any money on lawyers.
In the meantime ask your employer for a pay raise,
there's nothing that prevents that,
proceed with your career without bothering about the application status,
well, you can extend your h1 forever practically and maybe you can reach the ten year limit for social security benefits,
we'll have to try and grasp all the positive things we can I guess.
Keep your hopes up and don't let this bother you at all,
I can tell you, its not worth the effort and the tension,
if you have the guts you can survive anywhere,
if this country does not want you, some other place is always welcoming you.

At the regional stage in non rir,
you can get either limited or regular review,
limited reviews are faster,
regular reviews are very very slow,
as per people,
limited ones have been processed even with dates of july 2003,
regular ones are stuck in august 2002,
obviously if you are in rir queue,
this does not apply to you.
Hope this helps.

Thanks that helps, my case is RIR, and I guess I have to just wait.....

LongestLabor said:
At the regional stage in non rir,
you can get either limited or regular review,
limited reviews are faster,
regular reviews are very very slow,
as per people,
limited ones have been processed even with dates of july 2003,
regular ones are stuck in august 2002,
obviously if you are in rir queue,
this does not apply to you.
Hope this helps.

Not surprised

raheelsajid said:
Hellooo2004 I will be in the same situation as yours. My lawyer does not tell me any thing. My labor was recieved at Chicago from MN on Aug 5th. My question to you is, are you planning to leave for good or has your lawyer advised you on how you will be able to come back to the US once your labor will be approved?

Thanks

Well at this point I am looking to depart. Fortunately, I haven't burnt any bridges with my employer, but who knows what will happen given the delay in approvals. Although, my attorney has advised me to apply for councellor processing from my home country after I 140 is approved.

Hellooo2004 said:
This is the first time I am using this. Hopefully I can get help for my case. My 6th yr. HIB expired on May 1, 04. Currently my app. is with federal labor with the entry date of April 19, 04. It doesn't look like it will be certified by Oct. 28 which means 180 days rule will expire. Can anyone advise on this besides talking about the option of departing the country which is what my attorney is telling me to do.

Case # 05433816

Hi Hellooo2004,

Can you please tell me what is the 180 day rule you are refering too. My 6year H1B term expires on Oct 16 2004. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

January 2004

Hey guys,

Who ever has January 2004 Fed labour in Chicago, Please stand up and put your timelines. Please do not be spectators. Please participate in sincerety. Please let us know of your approvals. We will be really greatful to you.

Good news is that Nebraska is approving I-140/I-485 of Nov-Dec 2003 now. So in like 8-10 months they are clearing the case now. Hope we benefit from these faster approvals. Thats something to cheer about

Thanks,
Kanjoos

bsnf said:
Hi Hellooo2004,

Can you please tell me what is the 180 day rule you are refering too. My 6year H1B term expires on Oct 16 2004. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

180 day rule allows you to stay in US after the expiration of your HIB status.

Guys,

Just called CHI DOL and they seem to always say different things each time..
Last week when i called ( i had posted their answer), they said Dec29..but
today, the lady said they are still processing dec17, when i mentioned to her
that a few people who had submitted between dec 22-29 had got their approvals, she
said that maybe because those cases were picked up (By who..god knows!!)..and she
said that right now they are not working on cases, but they would start
working on them again in Oct first/second week...God Alone knows when we
will get our approvals...hey Kanjoos, My case (RIR) went in to Chi-DOL
on Jan 26-04 Let me know where to update this info..am still waiting as everyone else..

Mohan

best thing is to...

We know the fact they have cleared some cases which are in Dec 22-29 range. Maybe there are some cases which are still waiting after Remands etc...and they are not through yet..We should see some speed after Nov elections man... it is all about the elections. that is what I think

Remember Poobala's case Dec 18th has been cleared.

mohan_raghukul said:
Guys,

Just called CHI DOL and they seem to always say different things each time..
Last week when i called ( i had posted their answer), they said Dec29..but
today, the lady said they are still processing dec17, when i mentioned to her
that a few people who had submitted between dec 22-29 had got their approvals, she
said that maybe because those cases were picked up (By who..god knows!!)..and she
said that right now they are not working on cases, but they would start
working on them again in Oct first/second week...God Alone knows when we
will get our approvals...hey Kanjoos, My case (RIR) went in to Chi-DOL
on Jan 26-04 Let me know where to update this info..am still waiting as everyone else..

Mohan

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost Hopes

My received date is August 8. I think it will be 2 years before DOL will start working on my case. This is based on the response I got from DOL agenct. :-( :(

hmm since I am June...then...

I think they will start working soon...let us not loose hope, if these idiots dont then the BRCs will clear our case since they are supposed to clear our cases in 2 yrs nationwide...I think that idiot was having a bad day...I do not know what they do the anyway...

GetGC100 said:
My received date is August 8. I think it will be 2 years before DOL will start working on my case. This is based on the response I got from DOL agenct. :-( :(

remanded case

Dear friends,

Submition date: 12/18/2004 and my RIR case was remanded on 14 Sep 2004.

Here is detail:The employer's waiver request for RIR processiong of this application can't be approved wthout an additional test of the labor market..

They asked following
1. Whether the employer conducted an adequate test of the labor market and
2. Whether able, willing and qualified US workers are available for the occupation

The federal regulations found at 20CFR 656.21 (b) state that the employer must state specific reasons for rejecting each US worker who replies to the recruitment. Based on this office's review of available labor market information and your recruitment report, this office is not satisfied that accepting the RIR is appropriate.. The employer have three option
1. withdraw the application
2. request the application to remended back to the SWA for regular processing or
3. continue to purse the RIR waiver request
To continue tp purse the RIR request, the employer must publish one additional ad (Regional office suggests a 1-day Sunday ad). The ad should be consistent with the ad submitted in the original RIR request.

The employer must submit a copy of the additional ad and a recruitmentreport on the results of ad with in 60 days from date of this letter

Here I need help from the forum member to responed on this and help me , what is best ways to deal with this and what is my chance to getting the labor certified after this process again... I am not sure whether my laywer made some mistake or this is regular question for remanded cases.

Thanks in advance for your supports..

Waiting for replys :)