Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

More serious problems in the line!!!

Folks,

The sky might be falling already. USCIS might retrogress EB3 dates as early as Janaury'2005.

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_pridat.html

People who have their LC filed and have ETA 750 column #14 either MS OR BS+5 yrs can safely file in EB2. However what about others??????

So, even if Chi-DOL completes LC we might still be sitting in the queue waiting for next stage i donno for how long!!!!!

I'm sick and tired of waiting for almost 6 years.

This means a lot more that just waiting.

1).Not eligible for concurrent filing(140/485). So Not eligible to file EAD/AP.
2).Not eligible for 7th year H1 extension unless Labor was filed > 1 year.

On one hand we hear faster 485 approvals on the other hand USCIS wants to snatch other benefits. Doe snto make sense. One thing is for sure I feel US is against employment based immigration.

Ilwaiting said:
Folks,

The sky might be falling already. USCIS might retrogress EB3 dates as early as Janaury'2005.

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_pridat.html

People who have their LC filed and have ETA 750 column #14 either MS OR BS+5 yrs can safely file in EB2. However what about others??????

So, even if Chi-DOL completes LC we might still be sitting in the queue waiting for next stage i donno for how long!!!!!

I'm sick and tired of waiting for almost 6 years.

Hi CharlesMighty,
you might as well start making some serious noise with your company and lawyers,
non rir has been stuck in August 2002 since more than ten months,
having waited this long, it might not hurt to keep on waiting,
but if I were you,
I'd call the supervisor or ask the company lawyer to call,
though I am in India now--thank God--I am able to sleep without tension,
my company has kept on my app on file,
maybe they will use it for someone else in case I do not join later,
I got an update from my lawyer, stating that it might take anywhere from 2 to 4 years for my case to be processed, since I had very good relationship with them they are proceeding with the case.
Anyway you have your priority date fixed earlier than all of the crowd, so that should be reason enough to be happy.
Best of luck buddy.

Dont worry...

There will be some new rules to help out...imagine if we were not allowed for 7th yr extension at all...the backlogs will be addressed soon. atleast we need to hope for ....US will not be against EB categories...what would be the benefit in family based categories...soon or later we will be ok...my Brother in Law has also been waiting for more than 6 years...his case is also moving along...we all will be ok. Let us focus on work and other activities in life...enjoy and take it easy....

Ilwaiting said:

On one hand we hear faster 485 approvals on the other hand USCIS wants to snatch other benefits. Doe snto make sense. One thing is for sure I feel US is against employment based immigration.

Ilwaiting said:

i agree with u but the thing is that the economy situation is the main factor for making eb categories a hell. i think if the economy is in good shape, eb immigration will be eaiser because at thagt time they will need more people for work and especially foreigners. so i expect that a poistive move is coming next year for Eb categories because economy is getting better. what do u think?

Guys,

I just called Chi DOL..the person first asked me whether I was the beneficiary
I said yes, he then said that I would need to ask either my attorney or my employer to call. I said, I was out of the country and hence needed some information which was not specific to my case. I then proceeded to ask him what current dates were being processed..and he said that currently they are processing Dec 29 cases. I also read somewhere that the process appears to be fast due to the holidays during that time...and i think its true...I also see an xls file in the forum thread..with some dates, case numbers etc..and not sure what that is...do i need to fill in my case details etc in that or are we tracking something else..like current cases processed..and if that is the case..how is that info being retrieved...please let me know and I will pitch in if there is some effort reqd.

Thanks,
Mohan

Antonio77,

Actually no, Economy I think is just a partial factor. Just imaging

1).We are paying the same taxes as a US citizen or PR. Social Security, medicare etc. For the last 6 years( At least in my case). Our money is being used somwhere else. And if we loose the job we are not entitled for it.
2). Just being employd and paying taxes as H1B itself even in this economy and in this market it self means that US Corporates require us more that we requiring them.

We expect atleast atleast something in return. But All we get is this. Either one is tuck in Labor or Would be stuck waiting for file 485. This is crazy policies in what ever way we look at it.

antonioa77 said:
i agree with u but the thing is that the economy situation is the main factor for making eb categories a hell. i think if the economy is in good shape, eb immigration will be eaiser because at thagt time they will need more people for work and especially foreigners. so i expect that a poistive move is coming next year for Eb categories because economy is getting better. what do u think?

Non-RIR Case Approval

I have been a silent participant of this forum for last 10 months. My Non-RIR case was approved last week. Received date was December 1st,2003. Good luck to all of you who are waiting on thier approvals.

Ilwaiting said:
Antonio77,

Actually no, Economy I think is just a partial factor. Just imaging

1).We are paying the same taxes as a US citizen or PR. Social Security, medicare etc. For the last 6 years( At least in my case). Our money is being used somwhere else. And if we loose the job we are not entitled for it.
2). Just being employd and paying taxes as H1B itself even in this economy and in this market it self means that US Corporates require us more that we requiring them.

We expect atleast atleast something in return. But All we get is this. Either one is tuck in Labor or Would be stuck waiting for file 485. This is crazy policies in what ever way we look at it.

it has been the case like that since years and years. where is the logic for a parent of a us citizen to get a green card in few months without worying about anything although this person is not benefitiing usa in anything, he does not work and serve this country and he doesn't pay tax. it is really a stupid system.it doesn't make sense at all but this is it if u like or not otherwise leave this country to a more immigration welcoming country like canada. we r all in the same boat.

Agreed!!! Everyone deserves a better life rather than just being exploiled. Can't change the system better change yourself or quit.

antonioa77 said:
it has been the case like that since years and years. where is the logic for a parent of a us citizen to get a green card in few months without worying about anything although this person is not benefitiing usa in anything, he does not work and serve this country and he doesn't pay tax. it is really a stupid system.it doesn't make sense at all but this is it if u like or not otherwise leave this country to a more immigration welcoming country like canada. we r all in the same boat.

Could you give more information about your case.....

Please let us know when your case went to DOL and whether it is an IT case or not...thanks for the help. It will be useful for the forum.

Boilermaker04 said:
I have been a silent participant of this forum for last 10 months. My Non-RIR case was approved last week. Received date was December 1st,2003. Good luck to all of you who are waiting on thier approvals.

process based on occupation

Is Chicago DOL process the cases in seperate pools based on occupations?

If so, how long the DOL is taking to process NON IT cases. My case DOT is
072.101-010.

sharing the information is highly appreciated.

-pos

Hi rest_2004_free

Thanks for your reply.

I always check http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp#reg.
When you check Regional Processing Times, it says, Dec 2003. So I assumed that, they are still processing Dec 2003. I have state case no. How do I check my status. My lawyer is not giving any proper information.
I checked AVM with my company phone no. I am not able to find it. Is there a way, I could find my status with state case no. My case was moved to federal on Mar. All March cases are still pending. What are all the information I need to give to the Customer service, Do they talk to the employee..
Please help me...

Thanks in Advance...

rest_2004_free said:
Buddy you should have received something by now....you should ask your lawyer to enquire. If he is not doing so...fire him and seek some other lawyer's help....but do it fast. Maybe you are already approved did you check the AVM ? If it still says it is pending talk to the customer service.

sorry.....

I am sorry for sending the wrong impression over. Actually they are still processing Dec cases in DOL. I thought your case went there in Aug 2003...but that should be the date when your case went to state SWA or something...anyways you can call the AVM number 312-353-1059 to find out the status of your case. Sometimes it takes a lot of time to enter your case information into this AVM system. I am from OH you should check with some folks who are from your state...to get accurate information. Also check the updated list that might give you some ideas about when your case could be in the system....

sun_spark said:
Hi rest_2004_free

Thanks for your reply.

I always check http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp#reg.
When you check Regional Processing Times, it says, Dec 2003. So I assumed that, they are still processing Dec 2003. I have state case no. How do I check my status. My lawyer is not giving any proper information.
I checked AVM with my company phone no. I am not able to find it. Is there a way, I could find my status with state case no. My case was moved to federal on Mar. All March cases are still pending. What are all the information I need to give to the Customer service, Do they talk to the employee..
Please help me...

Thanks in Advance...

DOL Guess

It seems Chic DOL not processing cases again... i tracked till 05431350.
they completed Dec 18 and Dec 22 Some cases.many of the cases pending on those dates. they are processing average "6" cases per day, whether it is IT/NON IT/ RIR/ NON RIR.

Any one find Sep 23/24/27 processed cases....?

something is better than nothing....Don't loose hope.

Hi everyone

This is the first time I am using this. Hopefully I can get help for my case. My 6th yr. HIB expired on May 1, 04. Currently my app. is with federal labor with the entry date of April 19, 04. It doesn't look like it will be certified by Oct. 28 which means 180 days rule will expire. Can anyone advise on this besides talking about the option of departing the country which is what my attorney is telling me to do.

Case # 05433816

Gosh...

At this rate by the time they reach June cases....it should take them 707 days...that is 2 yrs. Great!

chicdoltracker said:
It seems Chic DOL not processing cases again... i tracked till 05431350.
they completed Dec 18 and Dec 22 Some cases.many of the cases pending on those dates. they are processing average "6" cases per day, whether it is IT/NON IT/ RIR/ NON RIR.

Any one find Sep 23/24/27 processed cases....?

something is better than nothing....Don't loose hope.

DOL may be processing Jan cases

Guys,

I am not a very optimistic person, but I may give optimistic view below. I do not cheer, but I am in cheering mood.

As far as I know, they cleared cases of Dec 24 like 10 days back, although the case was remanded to employer, but it was processed.

So I think although they may be saying Dec 29, they must be processing Jan 1st week or else again they must have stopped.

And good news is Nebraska I-140 dates jumped atleast this time, it was stuck for months at Sept 15. Now I have heard Jan 04 cases getting cleared.

Similiarly nebraska 1-485 also although saying on website as Feb 2002, but Nov 2002 cases are getting cleared.

Thanks,
Kanjoos