Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

Frustrating !!!!

:mad:

2 months for moving......This is rediculous. They are EXPECTING to start in December..... I guess they don't know for sure when they will start .....

They should be moving to a big godown to put all these piled up files over the years(they might be running out of office space).

I hate them...

Chicago-case.

frustrated

My RD is Jan 2nd 2004...

Does anyone know whats going to happen now???

I m frustrated and tired.
:(

well a couple of months back we had started a petition but held back bcos everyone said the BRC is coming up - well the BRC is only for philly and dallas..should we restart the petition?

puhrince said:
well a couple of months back we had started a petition but held back bcos everyone said the BRC is coming up - well the BRC is only for philly and dallas..should we restart the petition?
puhrince,

u keep sayin that brc r only for phili and dallas, but all the immigration websites state that brc will go nationwide sooner or later. what r ur references for this information?

antonioa77 said:
puhrince,

u keep sayin that brc r only for phili and dallas, but all the immigration websites state that brc will go nationwide sooner or later. what r ur references for this information?

That's what I heard too..its for all centers

yes its only for philly and dallas as of now..when they say 'sooner or later' - i want to know whats their definition of sooner or later? is that 6 months from now or a year from now?
*sigh* i only wish i had sent in my labor app just 2 months earlier before all this crap started - i blame my lawyers - they took 7 months to prepare and file my case - all my friends with RD of oct 02 and nov 02 have already cleared their I-140's (non-concurrent) and well into the last stage of CP now - thats the only sign of hope that non-concurrent times are extremely fast - so am gonna go with consular processing eventually

Bad News for DOL Chicago Region Labor Certification Processing

This was posted on : http://www.immigration-law.com/ under Breaking News ....

10/04/2004: Bad News for DOL Chicago Region Labor Certification Processing

The DOL Region V in Chicago's RIR processing time has been at standstill for several months but there is no reliable information and explanation for the freeze. Now, we hear some worse news. Unconfirmed sources of information indicate that the Chicago DOL Region is relocating to a new building and they are busy in packing files in boxes. The information also indicates that the current Certifying Officer in Chicago Region retired a couple days ago. Apparently, the Region office is moving into the future National Processing Center location which will be in charge of PERM program. As people know, another National Processing Center will be located in Atlanta, Georgia. DOL HQ has released the information to the AILA that they were recruiting the Certifying Officers for these two Centers. At this time, there is no information about the fate of the current DOL Regions once the PERM is launched and actively operated. This is particularly true with the two Regions in Chicago and Atlanta.

The new location of the Region V and National Processing Center is known to be: U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, Division of Foreign Labor Certification, 844 North Rush Street, 12th Floor, Chicago, Illinois 60611. The moving may be completed by November 1, 2004, according to the sources.

Just bad news after bad news! The White House is holding the decision of the PERM regulation indefinitely despite the underlying mandates for the OMB in the relevant Executive Order.

Man I was better off in India :mad:

i think its high time we guys do something about it instead of just sitting here on our butts waiting for something to happen - we have paid money for a service assuming it was going to be expedited soon,if that cant be done,we either get our money back or make these guys do something about it - we didn't pay money upfront so they can take us for a ride - will restarting the petition help?

Will they start processing in year maybe...?

Let us hope they will atleast start looking at our cases after one year....and all of us will keep reading posts here everyday till that day arrives.

I hope we do not do that instead approach a legal process...

puhrince said:
i think its high time we guys do something about it instead of just sitting here on our butts waiting for something to happen - we have paid money for a service assuming it was going to be expedited soon,if that cant be done,we either get our money back or make these guys do something about it - we didn't pay money upfront so they can take us for a ride - will restarting the petition help?

Guys,
I think the time for petitions has passed,
once they decide to shift offices,
I don't think we can influence them anymore.
For good or evil we all decided to depend on an undependable system,
the lucky ones have gotten their labors cleared,
the fact that our apps are stuck does not mean that we are not skilled or unfit.
The world is a far bigger place than the U.S., so I would strongly urge
all the forum members to look for alternatives,
first have good relations with companies so they want you rather than you wanting them,
I know its tough to say that, but it is possible,
live your life without bothering about the labor application, which means ask for pay raises if possible,
keep trying for other countries,
and this is the most important,
do not look into the forum every day,
whatever we do,
the government does not prefer employment based immigrants,
they know we will try harder and get in, so they don't have to do anything to encourage us.
Sorry if I displease anyone,
but I thought this is sensible.

you are right LL,but still different people have different reasons and dreams to pursue their paths and plans of action - myself,i relate to what u say - am going home for a month this week,so am giving my fingers to this whole thing and going to chill out !

Well said longest labor. After more than a year in WI labor and 3 months in Chicago DOL, I have decided to move the Canada. I had applied for Canadian PR and now I got a job in Vancouver. After 7 years in USA , I am leaving in NOV. Good luck to everyone in the forum. As I am quitting my employment in US, my application for labor is withdrawn from DOL. (Got a confirmation too in less than 5 working days!!)

Information from the other forum

* The DOL Region V in Chicago's RIR processing time has been at standstill for several months but there is no reliable information and explanation for the freeze. Now, we hear some worse news. Unconfirmed sources of information indicate that the Chicago DOL Region is relocating to a new building and they are busy in packing files in boxes. The information also indicates that the current Certifying Officer in Chicago Region retired a couple days ago. Apparently, the Region office is moving into the future National Processing Center location which will be in charge of PERM program. As people know, another National Processing Center will be located in Atlanta, Georgia. DOL HQ has released the information to the AILA that they were recruiting the Certifying Officers for these two Centers. At this time, there is no information about the fate of the current DOL Regions once the PERM is launched and actively operated. This is particularly true with the two Regions in Chicago and Atlanta.

* The new location of the Region V and National Processing Center is known to be: U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, Division of Foreign Labor Certification, 844 North Rush Street, 12th Floor, Chicago, Illinois 60611. The moving may be completed by November 1, 2004, according to the sources.

* Just bad news after bad news! The White House is holding the decision of the PERM regulation indefinitely despite the underlying mandates for the OMB in the relevant Executive Order.

Chocago DOL status

Can anyone tellme whic day in Dec'03 the processing is taking place..How do i download the status os the case nos in an excel format as done by few of the other guys in the forum as of today. :rolleyes: AL help is greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Can you tell me fem where you've got this data.My RD is 12/29/03....Just wanted to have a understanding of where i stand...Thanks

mohan_raghukul said:
Guys,

Just called CHI DOL and they seem to always say different things each time..
Last week when i called ( i had posted their answer), they said Dec29..but
today, the lady said they are still processing dec17, when i mentioned to her
that a few people who had submitted between dec 22-29 had got their approvals, she
said that maybe because those cases were picked up (By who..god knows!!)..and she
said that right now they are not working on cases, but they would start
working on them again in Oct first/second week...God Alone knows when we
will get our approvals...hey Kanjoos, My case (RIR) went in to Chi-DOL
on Jan 26-04 Let me know where to update this info..am still waiting as everyone else..

Mohan
Mohan

My RD is 29th Dec'2004.Yet to call teh DOl office.Do you have any updated status of processing.It is alreadty the first week of October.God knwo how much time more we have to sit on our butts & wait for these moron's to start working..Yor reply is greatly appreciated.

I am confused

How does an office re-locating to a different building can have an adverse effect on so many applications? I agree there could be a missed file here and there and if you are so unfortunate then the missed file could be yours and you would be put under a lot of stress trying to re-file and what not.

Apart from that I sincerely dont understand How DOL moving to National Processing Center would affect us all. All I could see is delayed processing of our Labor Certifications which would have normally taken a year now taking more than that. Is there anything i am missing. Anyways the DOL is nothing but a joke. Cant expect good things from them.

I could see people already pulling their curtains and advising everybody to check for other countries to migrate or better go back to India. What is the need for that? I sincerely dont understand. If somebody can explain the gravity of the situation may be i will understand. Also it would help me to plan for my immidiate foreseeable future....

Thanks friends

well the point is - it was NOT normally a year - it used to take 2 months and its 'frozen' until now - which is a year as of now..i think you are new..?