Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rajwww,

You CAN NOT switch employer after 90 days of filing 140/485 concurrently.
The current rule is :
140 should be clear
AND
485 should be pending for 180 days.
BUT,
As per the latest change, 140 and 485 will be processed at the same time. So, the earlier law may not apply here. No word yet from USCIS on any new law in this regard.

hope this helps

vskumar,when did ur lawyer get a notification that your case has been received in chicago? or rather,how long after your case was approved in the state level?

vskumar said:
Pearl12970,

AVM says received on April 4th .

My case was forwarded to IL DOL on March 23rd.
The AVM updated my case on March 25th.

Now Dec cases are still going on.
What would be an approx time before my case comes up.

My case was sent to DOL

AVM does not mention but pls add me to the list if there is any...

OH RD 07/18/03
forwarded to DOL on 06/01/04

Another case from my employer seemed to have been updated in AVM as received on Jan 20th, 2004. I will update the thread if that gets certified/Remanded etc....

Thanks

:)

randomly checking AVM - case # 05430675 was certified on June 15.
DOT code 030.163-014

They are definitely going much slower with IT cases - non IT are being certified very fast.
For example : case # 05430673 ( DOT code 090.227.010) was certified in 9 days and case # 05430690 ( DOT code 318.687-010) was certified in just 2 days !!!!!

But the good news is that they are working on IT cases too....

Your advice/help is greatly appreciated

I'll be completing my 6 year H1 period by Oct 2004.
I have applied for labor in Aug 2003.
I asked my employer to apply for my 7th year H1 extension. But what he says is, that I am eligible for 7th year extension only if my labor is pending for 365 days. He wants me to wait till August 2004.
But I was little worried about waiting till the last minute.

Do I have to wait till my labor is pending for 365 days.
What are the odds that If I apply now.
If anyone of you have seen any situation like this then please share your knowledge.
Thanks.

IL SESA: Aug 28 2003
IL SESA Query: Jan 2004
DOL Fwd: Mar 9 2004
AVM Updated: June 11 2004

MURTHY's Document not encouraging......

This is what murthy's website says...based on the last two paragraphs we have to wait for a long time. I think they are going to move us eventually to those backlog centers......

LC/RIR Backlog Reduction Centers

The backlog reduction centers to process regular LC and RIR cases pending all
across the U.S. will be set up in Philadelphia and Dallas. These two centers are expected to be implemented and operational before PERM starts. PERM will be processed at two centers located in Atlanta and Chicago with jurisdiction over cases for the entire U.S.

At this point, Mr. Carlson expects that the backlog centers will first handle
cases from the Philadelphia and Dallas regions. After PERM is implemented, these backlog centers will also receive regular LC and RIR cases from the Atlanta and Chicago regions.
Once case backlogs of these regions have been addressed, other regions will be phased into having their cases processed at these two national backlog centers.

The DOL is hoping that the backlog centers to process regular LC and RIR cases will only be needed for about two years. This timeframe, however, will depend in part upon how many pending cases are converted to PERM and how many other cases will be withdrawn by employers. The backlog reduction centers will remain open until all non-PERM cases are adjudicated. Backlog reduction centers may try to target occupations where there are generally approvals or where there is one common employer, but there is no cohesive procedure in place yet.

DOL is sitting on Dec 17th cases for last three weeks.....GREAT......
still atleast 10 cases for Dec 17th is "received"

rest,to me it looks like they are talking about new cases..yours and ours should be fine since DOL has already received it

Sreeh,

Your employer is right ...even if they apply now BCIS wont give you extension as you are not 365 days pending...

I was in similar situation...i got two 2.5 yrs h1bs, when we applied for the third extn we asked for another 365 days due to labor pending, but they gave me only the time remaining in 6 yrs of H1b...had my labor not come before this ending I would have got 365 then...

cheers,
prabhu :)

sreeh said:
I'll be completing my 6 year H1 period by Oct 2004.
I have applied for labor in Aug 2003.
I asked my employer to apply for my 7th year H1 extension. But what he says is, that I am eligible for 7th year extension only if my labor is pending for 365 days. He wants me to wait till August 2004.
But I was little worried about waiting till the last minute.

Do I have to wait till my labor is pending for 365 days.
What are the odds that If I apply now.
If anyone of you have seen any situation like this then please share your knowledge.
Thanks.

IL SESA: Aug 28 2003
IL SESA Query: Jan 2004
DOL Fwd: Mar 9 2004
AVM Updated: June 11 2004

Phurice

I hope you had replied to my message earlier from Murthy's note. So are you saying that once PERM is implemented cases which were filed as RiR and regular LC will still be handled with CHic DOL? Please clarify ? I will be happy if that is true......

:p

My assumption is that once PERM implemented in Atlanta and Chicago, the remaining pending cases which were received by these DOLs will be send to Backlog reduction centers. I mean, these DOLs process as many cases as they can till the PERM implementation.

Is this reason sounds OK? Any views???

yeah you are right..but all in all, i don't see any reason for any worry..even the cases which will be sent to the backlog centers are going to be approved anyway in the same timeframe..its just a location transfer..before PERM,the backlog center will accept philly and dallas cases..after PERM,they will also accept chicago..simple

My case was fwded to DOL on May 15th its still not showing in the AVM. I dont know whats going to happen with the new PERM rule and backlog redcution centers in pictures. I read some messages saying that Chicago DOL has stopped processing the RIR cases as its going to be a PERM center? Is this true?? What happens to our cases ??? Looks like we have a longer wait than expected.

what I think is...

They will keep processing whatever they can..and move all the cases to backlog centers. Those centers will hanle cases from ATL and Phil first and clear the old cases first and then work on Chic cases. Pls correct me if I am wrong....

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.