Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
News about PERM

http://www.immigration-law.com/

06/10/2004: Report from Philly - PERM and Backlog Reduction Program Status

The Chief of Foreign Labor Certification Division of DOL has confirmed what we reported day before yesterday. The DOL requested OMB for 30-day extension of OMB review after the 90-day deadline expired on May 21, 2004. The extension was necessary as the DOL had received comments and inputs from the related government agencies such as DHS, DOS, etc. and had to revise part of the text to reflect the comments. The final version has then been submitted to the OMB for their completion of the review. Accordingly, as we reported, the review may be completed as scheduled on June 21, 2004 as the OMB is authorized only one extension for 30 days. Once the approved petition is forwarded to the DOL, it stil has to decide how quickly it will have to publish in the federal register. It sounds, though, that it may be published fairly promptly, not beyond July 2004. The final regulation will provide that if will take effect 120 days after the date of publication in the federal register. During the 120-day period, it will schedule orientation/training sessions in the order of Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. As we reported, the PERM Processing Centers will be opened in Chicago and Atlanta. Clerical processing will be undertaken by contractors but adjudication and management will be done by public officials of DOL.
Apart from the PERM program, the Backlog Reduction Program has been progressing fairly smoothly and the Directors of the Philadelphia and Dallas Reduction Processing Centers are expected to be offered the job in the next few days. Additionally, the contractors have also been selected and will be offered the project in the next few days. Once the contract is accepted, the two centers will go into operation within 60 days. Just like the PERM centers, the Reduction Centers will also be managed and adjudications will be made by the DOL officials but the clerical processing will be done by the contractors. Initially, the two centers will focus on the backlog cases in the regions and states that fall under the jurisdiction of the Region II (Philadelphia) and Region III (Atlanta). The DOL is targeting at removing all the backlogs within two years.
DOL strategy is to resolve the backlog problem by removing the backlog cases in the backend of the pipeline and at the same time by preventing any new backlogs in the frontend by processing and adjudicating the new cases in a very short period of time through the online filing system of the PERM program. The pressures on these two systems will depend on the behavior of the backlog cases. Should the applicants either withdraw and file a new application or convert to the PERM cases, if eligible, the backend workload can be reduced, while the frontend workload of new cases under the PERM program will proportionally increased.

gogia said:
05430949, 51, 53 are all processed --certified !!

Pursuant to my last post where I said "I was told by my attorney yesterday that Chicago Region is preparing for PERM ( which is nowhere in sight ) and Processing of any labor cases with them is on hold.", it seems that the only cases on hold are IT related.

Gogia - Could you verify that these codes are IT related or not. I will appreciate your reply.

05430949, 51 are IT related. DOT code : 030-062-010...

I noticed another thing. Some cases received in Feb-Mar 2004 have been certified. They seem to be Non-IT though !!

A month back (on May 7th to be precise) I got the message on the AVM that my LC was certified. However, my lawyer still hasn't received the LC approval notice via mail. I called the Chicago DOL 2 weeks back and they told me that there was a backlog in mailing the approval notices and they would mailed in that week.

Its been 2 weeks now and I still haven't received the LC approval notice. Can somebody please advice me as to what I should do?

Thanks,

Ray S,

Thanks for the reply. I have started preparing the papers for I-140, I-485.

However, I still haven't received the LC approval notice and its been more than a month now. What should I do in order to get the LC approval notice from DOL.

Thanks,

interesttoknow said:
ak_new_member,

Don't express your imaginations on others. Still they are approving cases related to IT.

What do you think these forums are about? Do you know all the facts for certain? I am just trying to get the information and I am also one of those who is waiting for things to happen.

ak_new_member said:
What do you think these forums are about? Do you know all the facts for certain? I am just trying to get the information and I am also one of those who is waiting for things to happen.

Have you seen reply to your post in murthy.com
http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/...912&m=819103141

There is no proof whether ur lawyer told u or not?

Dont post frustrations, panics or fears. People may get tensed because of this kind of posts. If u really trying to get info, post good news. Be positive...

interesttoknow said:
Have you seen reply to your post in murthy.com
http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/...912&m=819103141

There is no proof whether ur lawyer told u or not?

Dont post frustrations, panics or fears. People may get tensed because of this kind of posts. If u really trying to get info, post good news. Be positive...

So you want to talk to my lawyer to confirm if I am telling the truth!!

I think everybody who posts here wants to share their experience, good or bad. If you do not believe anyone and do not like any post, just ignore it.

Yes I am frustrated and wanted to know if someone else has such kind of experience where the labor is stuck in Chicago for 7 months, and if anyone has heard what I heard from my attorney.

I have seen the reply at Murthy.com and the person there was kind enough to share his experience and not being sarcastic.

ak_new_member said:
So you want to talk to my lawyer to confirm if I am telling the truth!!

I think everybody who posts here wants to share their experience, good or bad. If you do not believe anyone and do not like any post, just ignore it.

Yes I am frustrated and wanted to know if someone else has such kind of experience where the labor is stuck in Chicago for 7 months, and if anyone has heard what I heard from my attorney.

I have seen the reply at Murthy.com and the person there was kind enough to share his experience and not being sarcastic.

I dont need to.

Everybody share experiences not frustrations. Here a lot of people are there since 9 months. They didnt create any false stories.

You said DOL held IT approvals. But, it is not true. Go and check AVM.

I spoke to Chicago Regional DOL rep. and according to her they are processing Dec 2003 cases. She also mentioned that currently they are entering cases received from SWA/SESA with RD April 04, 2004 into their system.

I also asked her regarding DOL holding IT cases and she said, “I am not aware of any such policy.”

interesttoknow said:
I dont need to.

Everybody share experiences not frustrations. Here a lot of people are there since 9 months. They didnt create any false stories.

You said DOL held IT approvals. But, it is not true. Go and check AVM.

Processing times..by the end of today

Hi Frineds....

The Chicago DOL prcessing 1st Jan'04 as of today......

My application moved from IL SESA to Chicago DOL today....

LSR5... :)

Ray I hope this not a big problem and also hope this does not delay your process. When did your HR get the documents and how soon can they send it back - I might be asking too much - sorry.

Just want to confirm that your Chicago DOL RD is Jan 10, mine is Jan12.

Thanks,

Looks like AVM is down .My PD is Jan 27th .Folks posted DOL is processing January cases .
How to find out which date in January ?Also, Dec IT folks,Please confirm your case status.

AVM how do i use it

Hi All,

I am new to this can you please tell me how get my case number using AVM..

Thanks

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.